An Experiment for the Devs

Verodio
21 posts Member
I'd like for you guys to try this little exercise. Try being restrained so that you can't move anything at all. Then let people throw paper at you. Out of 100 or so, count the number that you're able to actually dodge.

I hypothesize that you'll successfully dodge right around 0 percent.

So why the **** can the AI dodge so often when they're stunned and completely unable to move?

Replies

• Options
    They confirmed they're making this change soon.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

And "soon" could mean August, given other things that were going to get fixed "soon".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

And "soon" could mean August, given other things that were going to get fixed "soon".

Ha ha, so true... So true
  • Options
    You can also call a stunned person to assist, negating the assist. That's another fix on the list.
    Stun seems to be having an identity crisis.
  • Options
    You can also call a stunned person to assist, negating the assist. That's another fix on the list.

They also confirmed to fix that issue, soon.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    You didn't specify whether the paper was a crumpled sheet, made into a plane, etc... I'm pretty sure they could successfully "dodge" a thrown, unfolded sheet. :p
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Verodio wrote: »
    I'd like for you guys to try this little exercise. Try being restrained so that you can't move anything at all. Then let people throw paper at you. Out of 100 or so, count the number that you're able to actually dodge.

I hypothesize that you'll successfully dodge right around 0 percent.

So why the **** can the AI dodge so often when they're stunned and completely unable to move?

Or be restrained so that you can't move anything at all. Then have a bunch of pantless men stand in a circle around you...bet you can start dodging now.
  • TheShadow1983
    187 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Wait until stunned characters can't Dodge and watch the stun team meta ensue. I bet you'll be complaining then too.
  • Options

They also confirmed to fix that issue, soon.

Yeah, "it's another fix on the list" meant it was on the Devs list of already known.
  • Options
    Wait until stunned characters can't Dodge and watch the stun team meta ensue. I bet you'll be complaining then too.

Maybe Daka, Dooku, Luke, RG, and Phasma. Seems too slow.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    If we are going with the paper ball being thrown at a tied up person... can you still miss? A lot of people suck at aiming and so throwing could still result in a miss (not necessarily a dodge :) )