Scoundrel 3 Team Defense Challenge!

VonZant
3843 posts Member
edited December 2018
Goal: Create 3 Viable Defensive TW/GA teams with healing for multi-win staying power.
Reason: I like Scoundrels and theorycrafting and using unused parts of my roster.
Rules: No Bounty Hunters or Nest (she is useful many other places). You can assume max level/gear.

Here is my first attempt:
9j18qjj89omd.png

Team 1 works. Z is awesome self healing tank, Qira and Yhan heal protection. Qira gives health steal. Lando cleanses. Mission YHan and Lando do extreme damage. Could sub in Canderous or Gamorrean Guard.

Team 2 is one of the supreme defensive teams in the game. I know you want to laugh, but See my previous Sermon of Vandor post. Awesome healing and damage reduction. Cleanses, damage and unlimited rezzes. The vets do good damage and provide Crazy amounts of control. With maxed vets and CWC would be hard to beat outside full arena quality team with Nihilus.

Team 3 - more offensive. Obviously Lando would be geared. But it will be fast and do so much damage that teams wont last long against it. Lando and RHan will be guarded. Captain Han heals health and protection and rezzezs everyone with health because they are all rebels too. Could sub in Gammorean Guard remove Lando and make Storm Han leader for a more defensive setup.

Also will repeat request for Beckett to be added wth a good lead.

Ideas? Better mix and matches? Think they suck? Discuss.

Replies

• Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Goal: Create 3 Viable Defensive TW/GA teams with healing for multi-win staying power.
    Reason: I like Scoundrels and theorycrafting and using unused parts of my roster.
    Rules: No Bounty Hunters or Nest (she is useful many other places). You can assume max level/gear.

9j18qjj89omd.png

Team 1 works. Z is awesome self healing tank, Qira and Yhan heal protection. Qira gives health steal. Lando cleanses. Mission YHan and Lando do extreme damage. Could sub in Canderous or Gamorrean Guard.

Team 2 is one of the supreme defensive teams in the game. I know you want to laugh, but See my previous Sermon of Vandor post. Awesome healing and damage reduction. Cleanses, damage and unlimited rezzes. The vets do good damage and provide Crazy amounts of control. With maxed vets and CWC would be hard to beat outside full arena quality team with Nihilus.

Team 3 - more offensive. Obviously Lando would be geared. But it will be fast and do so much damage that teams wont last long against it. Lando and RHan will be guarded. Captain Han heals health and protection and rezzezs everyone with health because they are all rebels too. Could sub in Gammorean Guard remove Lando and make Storm Han leader for a more defensive setup.

Why no enfys?
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

9j18qjj89omd.png

Why no enfys?

Same reason as Bounty Hunters. Because she fits on lots of other teams and this is for TW/GA so you can only use each once. ;)
  • Options
    I love that second team purely because it includes three "bad" characters and would trick so many people into throwing trashy C-teams at it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I love that second team purely because it includes three "bad" characters and would trick so many people into throwing trashy C-teams at it.

Yeah the Vets are not bad. They just have a bad rap. And CWC happens to have a good synergy with Vandor that makes CWC useful.

3 full teams of them might be stretching them a bit thin, but thats why it's a challenge. ;)

Also if anyone has a high-gear Captain Han would love to hear a report. He is never used but I think he may have a spot on a dual tank Scoundrel team.
  • Options
    pomst14qtbe0.jpg

Here's mine.
    Team 2 carth > cwc, juhani > gamorrean guard then all good.
  • Options
    Nice! How do you like Carthh and Canderous? Canderous looks really promising.
  • Options
    Tried team2 at GA, they stack 19 DoTs on a poor shoretrooper...he died instantly on his turn lol.
    The team assists alot and inflicts tons of DoT, it's hilarious.

Was going to drop bigZ and mission with Gamorrean guard, cholo and CWC(L) before those 3 OR toons released, but we have OR now.
  • Options
    Also if anyone has a high-gear Captain Han would love to hear a report. He is never used but I think he may have a spot on a dual tank Scoundrel team.

Not a high gear one, but I use Captain Han in territory wars as part of a truly obnoxious dodging team with Old Ben, raid Han, Luke, and Stormtrooper Han. Two taunts to split attacks, dodges to infuriate, and Captain Han to res.

It's usually good for 1-2 defensive wins, which doesn't seem like much but they're a mix of gear and some aren't really modded very well, but it's on the front row so it's also taking attacks from completely fresh guilds. I'd like to gear them all up, but soooo many teams are competing for attention right now!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.