3PO zFinn Nerf?

OldBen
55 posts Member
edited December 2018
Please tell us now (before everybody spends Zetas on Finn and panics to get 3PO) are you gonna „fix“ this?

Edit: yes i know zFinn is awsome anyways (i already zetad him a long time ago) - but some people prob just gonna go for him now, because he counters Revan and autos the haat.
Post edited by OldBen on

Replies

• Options
    If it’s for HAAT, I saw on reddit @CG_TopHat say they don’t plan on any nerfs. If TopHat sees this, would you mind confirming?
  • Options
    It's only haat, about time we can auto it
  • Options
    Why to nerf c3po? He was tested before release, I doubt that devs completely forgelot about Finn zeta effect, there is not so much Leadership zetas in Resistance faction, to be more presice, only two of them. Everything is work as intended, I'm sure. Traya must fade away, her time is coming, new meta will soon arise, and C3PO is planned part of it. And about HAAT - whats wrong if this raid, that more than 2 years old, can be finally not half-autoed, but fully autoed? What's critical difference here, what danger lies beneath such ability?
  • Options
    I zeta’d Finn yesterday, so a nerf is now guaranteed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Goble57 wrote: »
    If it’s for HAAT, I saw on reddit @CG_TopHat say they don’t plan on any nerfs. If TopHat sees this, would you mind confirming?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/a6d2el/this_is_the_droid_youre_looking_for/?utm_source=reddit-android
  • CiscoKid
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Leave as is, Revan holds on D and still beats every single bloody team.... let people have their specialty teams...
    Post edited by CiscoKid on
  • Options
    how can chewbecca inflict ten down on gk before the rt cleanse him?
    bug or i miss somethings?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    LordInuy wrote: »

Why wouldn't he be able to? Tenacity down isn't resisted.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

gk have ten up active
  • Options
    Nerf incoming. The Finn3po team can now solo P3 of HSR
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

gk have ten up active

Doesn't matter. Ten down overrides ten up.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Armatores wrote: »
    Why to nerf c3po? He was tested before release, I doubt that devs completely forgelot about Finn zeta effect(...)Everything is work as intended, I'm sure.

You must be new to this game ;) I do agree that the nerf isn't coming because of HAAT solo, but there is now a team that can solo P3 of HSTR, so I fully expect them to change some mechanics to fit "the spirit of the game".

• Options
    Armatores wrote: »
    Why to nerf c3po? He was tested before release, I doubt that devs completely forgelot about Finn zeta effect, there is not so much Leadership zetas in Resistance faction, to be more presice, only two of them. Everything is work as intended, I'm sure. Traya must fade away, her time is coming, new meta will soon arise, and C3PO is planned part of it. And about HAAT - whats wrong if this raid, that more than 2 years old, can be finally not half-autoed, but fully autoed? What's critical difference here, what danger lies beneath such ability?
    They test things in this game? Thats news
  • Options
    Doesn't need a Nerf, just spent 4 minutes on auto in arena watching enfys nest stand there with 0TM doing nothing before if timed out.

Never mind the fact Sion, traya, nihilus and palp didn't get a turn beforehand.
  • Options
    Ugh, can you atleast nerf him in a way that saves your precious poorly designed Sith Raid without forcing me to go back and manually do HAAT again.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

gk have ten up active

Did you even read my post? Tenacity down doesn't get resisted. Having tenacity up is irrelevant.
  • Options
    You must be new to this game ;) I do agree that the nerf isn't coming because of HAAT solo, but there is now a team that can solo P3 of HSTR, so I fully expect them to change some mechanics to fit "the spirit of the game".
    1) Against Traya, it's an infinite loop.

2) The current end-game content raid is not something where players should be able to solo a phase through an exploit. That's not a reward for clever tactics. That's just a loop.

Anyways, dunno if they'll care about the HAAT version, but the Traya version is a problem. I suspect they'll give Traya stacking tenacity while toppled, too. No other team has really relied on debuffs on Traya while she was toppled, so it would be a low-impact way of preventing the loop.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    1) Against Traya, it's an infinite loop.

2) The current end-game content raid is not something where players should be able to solo a phase through an exploit. That's not a reward for clever tactics. That's just a loop.

Anyways, dunno if they'll care about the HAAT version, but the Traya version is a problem. I suspect they'll give Traya stacking tenacity while toppled, too. No other team has really relied on debuffs on Traya while she was toppled, so it would be a low-impact way of preventing the loop.

Well, yeah I agree 100 % (except for maybe the word exploit. Everything is working as advertised - clearly not as intended, tho. But that's just semantics)

It just amazes me that they once again put out something without testing the most obvious way of using new content.
    StHan should be the first thing to pop in to your mind when you have an ability deling damage "passively" every turn and zFinn should be the first thing to pop up when you suddenly have a toon allowing others to apply expose on a basic attack.
  • Options
    I’ve heard people talking about a zFinn nerf... is that happening or just rumors?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Slaveen wrote: »
    I’ve heard people talking about a zFinn nerf... is that happening or just rumors?

The c3p0 zfinn phase 3 hsr infinite loop will be nerfed in someway. We don't know if it will effect c3p0, zfinn or strengthen traya in hsr.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Honestly, I feel like Heroic Sith has been around long enough, and people have been complaining that it's a boring grind long enough, that they might just let it be. There's still 3 other phases to slog through even with 3P0 trivializing Traya, and it does require a zeta on Finn, who most people doing hSTR would probably otherwise skip in favor of JTR.

Granted, with the number of effective raid-solo teams out there at this point, whatever raid they come out with next will have to be absolutely brutal to ensure none of the current ones work. :/
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Granted, with the number of effective raid-solo teams out there at this point, whatever raid they come out with next will have to be absolutely brutal to ensure none of the current ones work. :/

Or just make it more basic and tune it for G13 and/or lvl 90 toons. 🙂 They would still have to account for the TMR teams but I imagine that can be done without the extreme tenacity neutering half our rosters from the get-go.
  • Options
    Slaveen wrote: »
    "Nerf" is a loaded term.

The infinite loop will likely be fixed. Probably by a change to Traya, rather than a change to zFinn.
    Well, yeah I agree 100 % (except for maybe the word exploit. Everything is working as advertised - clearly not as intended, tho. But that's just semantics)

It just amazes me that they once again put out something without testing the most obvious way of using new content.
    StHan should be the first thing to pop in to your mind when you have an ability deling damage "passively" every turn and zFinn should be the first thing to pop up when you suddenly have a toon allowing others to apply expose on a basic attack.
    For most, Stormtrooper Han seldom springs to mind at all after the CLS event is over. However, they did consider how Stormtrooper Han would interact with Traya. Accounted for it, even, between stacking tenacity, Traya gaining TM on hit, and Bonds not triggering while she was toppled. Stormtrooper Han alone is not what broke the raid. He'd be useful or convenient on Scoundrel or Rebels teams, generate a good amount of TM, but he wouldn't break the raid.

Stormtrooper Han running under Asajj Ventress or Darth Vader is what broke the raid. That is far less obvious without the benefit of hindsight. And when you get into mixed faction lineups, it's a lot harder to account for everything. Making testing easier is part of what factions are for.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

Or just make it more basic and tune it for G13 and/or lvl 90 toons. 🙂 They would still have to account for the TMR teams but I imagine that can be done without the extreme tenacity neutering half our rosters from the get-go.

The whole deal with the C3P0 solo team is that it doesn't rely on TMR - it's Finn's zeta generating effectively infinite turn meter for his team. They'd have to put in something truly goofy to prevent that from working.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

The whole deal with the C3P0 solo team is that it doesn't rely on TMR - it's Finn's zeta generating effectively infinite turn meter for his team. They'd have to put in something truly goofy to prevent that from working.

Welp, yeah that's a good point and, just to be clear, I certainly think this warrants a fix, but will still argue that it absolutely should have been caught in testing.

For most, Stormtrooper Han seldom springs to mind at all after the CLS event is over. However, they did consider how Stormtrooper Han would interact with Traya. Accounted for it, even, between stacking tenacity, Traya gaining TM on hit, and Bonds not triggering while she was toppled. Stormtrooper Han alone is not what broke the raid. He'd be useful or convenient on Scoundrel or Rebels teams, generate a good amount of TM, but he wouldn't break the raid.

Stormtrooper Han running under Asajj Ventress or Darth Vader is what broke the raid. That is far less obvious without the benefit of hindsight. And when you get into mixed faction lineups, it's a lot harder to account for everything. Making testing easier is part of what factions are for.[/quote]

For most players StHan had probably faded into a memory of simpler kits, sure, and with how long this game has been going, I wouldn't necessarily expect the devs to consider every possible interaction between 150 characters, each with 3+ abilities.

I would still argue that "toon gaining/providing TM on damage" should be at the very top of the list of characters you'd consider when designing P3.
  • Options

Shhhhh. I feel as they are always on the verge of nerfing ZFinn, so lets not give them any reason to do so. Change 3P0. Not Finn.

He was my first zeta and I would still recommend to anyone that has a full resistsance team that he still qualifies as "first zeta ever" worthy. And once You get JTR just move him to lead your second resistance team. He and Rose paired together can be really terrifying in PvP. I have literally stunlocked entire teams with them.
  • Options
    So they completely change Acolyte and how her stealth works because in a combined team it was doing stupid damage potentially. Then they release one toon l, C3PO that causes even more stupid damage, Guy in my guild has broken every record I’ve ever seen of NS.

This... this... is why we cringe when you nerf something. Because you are not consistent with your “intended design”.
  • Options
    "spirit of the game" is equivalent to never autoing anything in hstr. God forbid a character can make such a difference and the theory crafting of the public figures out a way to beat the precious sith raid more easily. This is for shards of a character that is the hardest in the game to aquire yet is no longer the meta. It is a year old already and it shouldn't be a surprise when it becomes "autoable" in parts of it. It promotes a specific team, which is what the other raids did as well, so **** is the problem? So what if p3 of hstr can be autoed with a legendary character in the lineup. The rest is still hard enough... and I don't even have 3p0 or a zFinn...
  • Options
    Please do not thread necro.
    Still not a he.