Looking for an explanation

Ive been playing this game for few years and ive noticed something frustrating.. when you fight in arena or in galactic war (or anything like that) against a team then they are a little bit „boosted“.. well its what i feel at least.. with boosted i mean their attributes like speed, hp and dmg (etc.) are better than they should be.. But its not about the Teams.. its about the conditions you have to face when playing against autoplaying opponents (AI)..

For an examble i want to show you some screenshots and i can guarantee you they are not fake..

Pic 1 is my bounty hunter team and i want you to take a close look to my bossk (pic 2) he is 7stars, g11 no zeta

oc2mroc6k09a.png

nr3ifsjnlv60.png

Pic 3 and 4 is my girlfriend facing a bounty hunter team in galactic war.. now take a close look to her opponents bossk.. hes 5stars, g9 and no zeta

coe0pxoe0foc.png

jipm3z98dyrm.png

But If you compare those 2 bossks you will see they have the same healthbar.. and that shield.. i dont know but it doesnt feel right to me..

So my question is.. is this because you fight against an AI so they try to make it „fair“ by boosting their attributes or am i missing something here again?

I just want to understand. And sorry those screenshots are in german and i hope thats ok.

Replies

• Options
    I've always assumed the AI gets a boost to account for it's limitations
  • Options
    Yea but there is no official statement and i wish they would say something about it
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Right off the bat I can tell you the lower Bossk has more health than yours because it's under a Boba lead. Your pic you're running Bossk lead.

Boba's lead grants half of total team potency to each Bounty Hunters max health. So even a total Potency of 200% (40% potency on each BH) would effectively double Bossk's health for that GW team your girlfriend fought. Regardless of gear level, doubling health would be very noticeable.

As for protection, we'd need to see your Bossk stats and the stats for the GW Bossk. It's all down to modding to increase protection beyond what gear does.

My work-in-progress Bossk is only G8, modded for speed and defence, but because of the mods he has 19,492 (9,349 from mods) protection at only G8.
  • Options
    Yeah boba fett leadership gives an extra boost to health. Not cheating
  • Ninjo
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Yea but only for each enemy with debuff or not?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    AI Cheats = Didn't Read Abilities
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Since the early days they made a decision to "tweak" the AI instead of nerfing heroes. Why? They can say they didn't change any stats on said hero, and avoid the uproar it would cause if they nerfed a hero. They can do whatever they like with the AI, because no one will know right? Ummm we all know it. We all deal with it. Their logic is it balances out because your team fights and is fought so when you fight the other team has an advantage since it's Player vs AI, not true PVP (player versus player). And in turn, you have the advantage when your team is attacked. Some will jump on now and swear blind there is no difference. Ummm anyone paying attention knows otherwise. Like Count Dooku, he attacks and attacks, and attacks, and jumps target, etc.. If the AI hasn't been tweaked then we have to believe he is so broken it's unreal. You decide. Oh proof they do this is found in the Sith Raid.

Added: This is no sinister plan, it's just a way of keeping a hero intact in all areas, and fine tuning things in certain areas. Some heroes have unforeseen results in a given area. Example: JTR - Expose in STR. So, instead of ruining her, they made adjustments to the AI in the STR.
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

My favourite topic is "why is my team doing 0 damage in p1 of the sith raid?!?!"
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

My favourite topic is "why is my team doing 0 damage in p1 of the sith raid?!?!"

LOL
  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Also, you can click on the individual portraits in the AI squad display screen (the one that shows the members) and see their stats and mods.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Part of the explanation could be, that your Bossk is modded with a speed set and a health set. If on top of that your cross and triangle have some damage-type primary stat while the lower one has health/protection type primaries, then the health boost will be even higher. And yes, as someone already pointed out, under Boba Fett lead, all BH get a health bonus relative to they total combined potency. Potency crosses on all BH in that team - even potency sets - will give a health boost to all.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If you check the health and protection of those two Bossks instead of just looking at the health/protection bars, and also check the total combined potency of the latter GW team, you may see the reason.