Future GA ranking/seeding question?

Somebody in my guild asked an interesting question.

He’s 2-0 and was wondering if he should purposely lose this 3rd battle so that he won’t get put into a bracket next GA with all 3-0 winners.

I said that there really should be increased prize incentives for people to win and grow higher in (global) rankings, but I don’t recall anything definite being said about this.

Did I miss any announcements regarding the future seeding/ranking of GA from event to event, including prize/title rewards?

Thanks.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There is no global ranking.

Each event is it's own thing where you will be grouped randomly with 8 other players to battle it out.
  • Options
    Thanks. That’s what we surmised. When GA was originally announced, it definitely was made to sound like a global ranking system.
  • Options
    There might be some internal matchmaking rating tho that could depend on past performance. They *should* do it that way. But if they do, they should give matches at higher mmr better rewards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    There might be some internal matchmaking rating tho that could depend on past performance. They *should* do it that way. But if they do, they should give matches at higher mmr better rewards.

They likely didnt do that so they dont have to worry about another set of reward brackets. It would just widen the gap if they did. No need to do that at this point.
  • Options
    Then there's going to be a continuous problem of ppl who want to play fighting vs ppl who join, but don't do anything.