Resource Management? Give Me A Break

ConsultingVet
1 posts Member
edited December 2018
I've been playing this game for 2 years.

When Jawas (each different faction) were required for mods, I was here; when guilds were looking for players who was above "2M GP", I was here; when game community was thinking "each faction and toon should have a use" I was here.

Because this was a collecting game, not resource management game. Number of toons were low, and for god's sake, each toon didn't need same gear for billions of times, mods doesn't required new materials...

If you are inflating toon numbers in a game, you should adjust gears and requirements as well for them.

Right now, we have billions of new toons which need same bloody gears, rest is trash and guess what, almost all shops and daily missions still give same rewards.

Look at my daily challenge gear numbers:

I have 1793 Mk 5 Athakam, 3224 Mk 8 Neuro-Saav, 2860 Mk A/KT from TAC Gear Challenge. STR and AGI is not different as well. So am I managing my resources good?

Right now only two materials matter from gear challenges: Mk 3 Carbanti from STR Gear Challenge, Mk 6 Chiewab from AGI gear Challenge.

And shipments...

Galactic War and Squad Arena shipments are complete jokes and outdated. Not a single toon is good for use and when some smart players discover a tactic, they are nerfed to hell (looking at you Nute Gunray).

Game is inflating, toons are bloating, "fluff and sandbagging" are killing fun and it is diminishing.

TL;DR
Resource management is a bloody excuse to cover up current situation of the game, outdated daily challenges, outdated shipments, new GA ****. SW GOH was the best "f2p friendly p2w" game but right now it's just an another mobile game with hardcore p2w stuff.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Because this was a collecting game, not resource management game. Number of toons were low, and for god's sake, each toon didn't need same gear for billions of times, mods doesn't required new materials...

It's both.
    Right now, we have billions of new toons which need same bloody gears, rest is trash and guess what, almost all shops and daily missions still give same rewards.

There is the part you need to manage.
    Galactic War and Squad Arena shipments are complete jokes and outdated. Not a single toon is good for use and when some smart players discover a tactic, they are nerfed to hell (looking at you Nute Gunray).

They are intended to be used to make shard shop currency to help you manage your gear.

Stun cuffs, stun guns, caribanti, and some other useful gear pop up at least once a day, often more.

• Options
    There is always someone willing to highlight a specific paragraph or two to show how wrong a complaint ER is ( and in turn their own superiority?) so congrats Kyno.

As to Consulting Vet's rant he's right on the money. I've been playing for three years and am trying to gear up multiple characters who all need the same gear while studiously ignoring the massive amounts of new toons and events full of 'bugs' thrown our way. I'm lucky to be in a whale guild because of loyalty and friendship where my only mission is generating raid tickets. So as a f2p I get fantastic rewards from my Guild mates just for existing.
    And yes, useful gear does 'pop up' every day but currency is finite.
    And after every new event and toon is introduced so is a series of bugs and hot fixes which as someone proficient in coding and software I find extremely unprofessional.

This is a longer post than intended but I think ConsultingVet is right on the mark. And I thank anyone in advance for parsing paragraphs from this post out of context and for they're own benefit.
  • Options
    This game has always been about resource management to some degree. And getting resources is easier than its ever been. So yea it sucks to have to use the same gear over and over, that gear is easier to get. with more ways to get it than it was 2 years ago. Not saying its perfect but i dont agree that all of a sudden its about resource management. Thats always been there.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Lymond1956 wrote: »
    There is always someone willing to highlight a specific paragraph or two to show

Like this?
    how wrong a complaint ER is

What?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    It's both.
    Is it same for you to manage 20 toons with same gear and 200 toons with same gear as a f2p player (hypothetically)? Every single toon came out in 2 years had same gear update but even daily challenges still stay same. Oh, please...
    Kyno wrote: »

There is the part you need to manage.
    And there is the part you also need to answer if you will justify something. Clearly it's easier to pull out a sentence to justify and ignoring the rest.
  • Options
    I partially agree with op's point. The challenges do need updated with another tier that gives out gear that is actually relevant. Aka, more carbontis, stun guns, stun cuffs, ect. Basically the gear needed for g8-g11. Now that g12.5 is a thing, it is well past time to move the lower bottleneck. G12 & G12.5 is already limited and can act as the new bottleneck especially if g13 comes.

With that being said, gear is becoming more prevalent than ever before. We now have 3 raids that put out gear and 3 shops. Tw, tb, and now ga give out gear. And I do think the challenges will eventually be updated.