Thanks for giving us C3P0 CG! Great balancing character to the current meta

This one legendary did a lot to make some of the older meta teams all of a sudden relevant again and able to beat the Revan/Traya meta right now. This will make a the meta more diverse and really fun to play i think. Thank you so much CG for giving us a character that doesn't just get plopped into a Revan/Traya team but instead makes other teams really good and able to compete! I am excited to see if Ewoks now all of a sudden become meta and make a strong claim to be one of the top 5 teams in arena. Anyone with a G12 ewok team been using 3P0 in arena yet? would be curious to see how he helps vs Traya and Revan teams.

Replies

• Options
    I haven't seen anything new show up in our top 20 yet. We'll see if it actually works in practice in arena or if it'll be like chewie and only marginally affect arena.
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Or, they could have released an actual toon that made a legit impact on Star Wars instead of one who was more comedy relief than anything, and then loading him up with outrageous synergy and super powers. I’m not saying to make a powerful toon, I’m saying make a powerful toon that actually makes SENSE! R2D2 did 100 times more to influence events and make a difference than C3PO, but he’s the new game genie toon of choice? For reals, by this same pendulum swinging progression, I expect to see a Jar Jar binks that has 100% dodge and a mass annihilate of only 3 turns on cooldown. Not to mention immune to stun and ability block and cooldown increases. It sounds goofy, but C3PO proves that’s exactly where this is headed.

Again, I’m not saying don’t make a powerful toon, but for the sake of the fans that remember how stupid C3PO was at times, make a powerful toon that actually makes sense. Why not Mon Mothma seeing as how the idea was a character with more of a strategic role? For the record, I also expect to see a Porkins pilot who’s basic one shots every empire since that’s the direction of the pendulum swing right now. xD last one is kidding but I would only be a little surprised.
  • Options
    Or, they could have released an actual toon that made a legit impact on Star Wars instead of one who was more comedy relief than anything, and then loading him up with outrageous synergy and super powers. I’m not saying to make a powerful toon, I’m saying make a powerful toon that actually makes SENSE! R2D2 did 100 times more to influence events and make a difference than C3PO, but he’s the new game genie toon of choice? For reals, by this same pendulum swinging progression, I expect to see a Jar Jar binks that has 100% dodge and a mass annihilate of only 3 turns on cooldown. Not to mention immune to stun and ability block and cooldown increases. It sounds goofy, but C3PO proves that’s exactly where this is headed.

Again, I’m not saying don’t make a powerful toon, but for the sake of the fans that remember how stupid C3PO was at times, make a powerful toon that actually makes sense. Why not Mon Mothma seeing as how the idea was a character with more of a strategic role? For the record, I also expect to see a Porkins pilot who’s basic one shots every empire since that’s the direction of the pendulum swing right now. xD last one is kidding but I would only be a little surprised.

It's almost like you have to take a certain amount of artistic license when converting a beloved franchise into a relatively simple mobile game.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Let's not forget that if we wanted movie-accurate outcomes Vader using Force Crush on 5 Ewoks would result in an M-rating. See what he did to the surgical room when he found out about Padme?

It would be like blowing up a jam factory.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Let's not forget that if we wanted movie-accurate outcomes Vader using Force Crush on 5 Ewoks would result in an M-rating. See what he did to the surgical room when he found out about Padme?

It would be like blowing up a jam factory.

I for one am completely in favor of Vader converting Ewok squads into a fine red mist.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png