Starting to learn about load outs...should I try it?

I just reached level 85 and for some reason I thought way back when that once I reached level 85 I would be all-knowing. Lol
So now, still feeling like a newbie, I am trying to learn something new everyday here. I was reading about load outs, the basics, and it sounds interesting but I'm wondering if it really makes a big difference and I know there is a cost to it but in really important battles would you recommend doing this? I'm afraid that if I did it how would I get them back to the original people? What do you think?

Replies

• Options
    When you create a loadout you can name it, and then move that set of mods between characters as you like. So if you wanted to move it back, just go to the original character, manage loadouts, and bam.

I have yet to actually save and use a loadout. I can see it being useful once I'm doing heroic Sith and squeezing every point of damage out of a team becomes necessary, but for the moment I just get a decent set of mods on somebody and leave them there.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I use loadouts for two things:

1) Heroic Sith
    2) Difficult Legendaries (Chewie, C3PO, etc)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Loadouts are great for keeping track of mods. Use them.

Every time I get a new character, after they get mods I save their loadout. Eventually every character gets a loadout. Every so often I might optimize a character and pull mods from other heroes to try them out; if I like them, the loadout gets saved and I have to go back to my other heroes and give them new mods and save their new loadouts. If I did not like the new mod set, it's easy to revert the mods back to their original assignments because I have the loadouts.

Building a loadout costs nothing. Try it!
    1. Choose a character from your roster, any character (one with mods, please)
    2. click "Manage" under your displayed mods to pull up the mod manager
    3. click "Assign Loadout" in the lower right corner
    4. click "Create Loadout From"
    5. the mods on your character are shown in a loadout
    6. click "Character Name" in the upper left to rename however you like
    7. click the back arrow in the upper left to save
    Congrats, you made a loadout and it cost you nothing.

Don't be afraid to use these loadouts to preview how they look on another hero. You will get prompted about removing mods from their existing assignments and you will get threatened with extortion, but don't let that scare you because you are not charged any credits for moving mods until you hit the "Confirm" button. You can preview loadouts all you like for no charge at all, just like trying on any new mods.

• Options
    Yes. Ssve your arena team loadouts at least. Then move them if necessary for an event, then move them back. Its how I got OG Chewie.
  • Options
    Loadouts are a.very useful tool in games where you can equip and unequip gear between characters. Games that don't have this feature are lacking in the eyes of serious players. This game has done you a wonderful service by offering this feature at a moderate cost.
  • Options
    Cool! I am off to play with mods. Thank you!
    This will be great also when I hit "the wall"...