GA Placement...

So I know the rewards for 2-4 are the same, but how did I take 3rd instead of 2nd when I beat him in Round 2? Going into the final round @ 2-1 should guarantee 2nd, no?
bl59f2lqxdyj.jpeg

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Ranked by total wins, then GP is the tiebreaker. And it doesn't matter anyway since rewards are the same.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    @KChat, I'm guessing that the ranking does not have to do with head-to-head wins, but rather either the highest GP for those tied or something random (similar to how players are initially ranked in raids before attacking).
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    @MightyRevan3994 see post directly above yours.
  • Options
    Still, seems counterintuitive to me. I know the rewards are the same. But because the rewards are the same, making it to the final round @ 2-1 should guarantee 2nd, since there’s no penalty to others...
  • Options
    It's irrelevant. The final # doesn't matter, only the bracket.
  • Options
    They should really change it so that the numbers are #1, #2, #2, #2, #3, #3, #3, and #4. It makes sense to have them separate numbers in raids when you tie as the rewards are different, but here they aren't. Toss it on the "not terribly important" pile :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    KChat wrote: »
    Still, seems counterintuitive to me. I know the rewards are the same. But because the rewards are the same, making it to the final round @ 2-1 should guarantee 2nd, since there’s no penalty to others...

Making it to the final round @2-0 guarantees you 2-4 rewards with a shot at 1. If you're 1-1 you have to win or you fall to the 5-7 rewards.
  • Options
    I finished 4th, but I beat both 2nd and 3rd. One had higher GP and the other had lower GP.
    Yea this isn't the biggest issue but it's annoying to have beaten 2 out of 3 people and still finished lower than them. It's not a well thought out solution for a competitive arena.
  • Options

Nope.

Hypothetically speaking, if you faced a super easy 1st round opponent and they faced a difficult first round opponent but managed to win, then even if you beat them in round 2 they still had a quality of competition disparity that the rankings would take into account.

The Grand Arena structure is based off the Swiss tournament structure. Using GP as a tiebreaker is fine because there’s no difference in rewards for those who tied. But in a proper Swiss, where exact rankings are important, the person who had the stiffer quality of competition (however that game/sport/whatever determines it) breaks the tie.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

The “bracket” is just to get you facing other people, and it is not about who makes it the farthest, because no one is eliminated
  • Options
    I really hope they rename the rewards tiers "3 wins" "2wins" "1 win" "0 wins" instead of "1" "2-4" "5-7" and "8" so people will stop getting confused or whine about it as if it matters.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Kreontas wrote: »
    I really hope they rename the rewards tiers "3 wins" "2wins" "1 win" "0 wins" instead of "1" "2-4" "5-7" and "8" so people will stop getting confused or whine about it as if it matters.

You think that will stop the whining lol.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    s0fkjw6pn562.jpg