148 posts Member
edited April 2019
Post edited by jkdmike on

Replies

• Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How it feels it works: It takes into consideration a key member of your team you need and offers allies that are of no use to your current situation usually resulting in out loud profanity.

How it actually works: Your allies have a leader for darkside and light side, if your last team you used in a light/dark side mission has ANY of your allies leader you will see no one.

Lets put it into practice, I used Sid previously in my squad for the last darkside mission. My ally using sid as lead, so it will not show him as a available Ally. What to do? You have to remove Sid from your squad and do a mission without him before allies with him appear. What I did was everyone of my allies uses Phasma, I removed her entirely from my Squad. Now I have 15 people I can chose from. I hope this helps.
  • jkdmike
    148 posts Member
    Options
    It does thanks! I'll have to play around more with this to understand it all the way. I have an ally that lists a 7 star bubba F as an option for the credit challenge. However for some odd reason that same ally will not even show as an option for any dark side battle. I don't even have Bubba unlocked in my own available characters. This ally gives me a 5 star yoda ): in the light side battles....But nothing allowed for dark side? That just seems weird I can only use their dark side character for the challenges.
  • jkdmike
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Ya I tried it out. I played a really easy dark side battle, took out my greedo and put in phasma instead so I don't get any Phasma ally options. It worked, I didn't get to use my allies bubba F but at least it gave me the option to use his 7 star greedo. Still not sure why no bubba but at least it didn't give me another phasma.

Which is funny because someone just sent me an ally request and his picture before I accepted it was a 7 star greedo.. But after I accepted it and looked at their picture in the "manage" ally tab it changed to Phasma. So confusing.
  • jkdmike
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Today I put Phasma on my team so I wouldn't get him as an ally option. Of course now there's only 2 of my allies that come up. Figures.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Summary of ally options:

"You are my ally...so you can ONLY use the one character whose leadership ability synergizes with my team - and no one else! I don't care what your team is!!! ALLY!!"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Old_Tallen
    385 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's broken, there is a visual bug.

I have a friend on my ally list who I get a 5* QGJ from, he doesn't even have QGJ unlocked. I have another friend who I get Rex from, guess what, he doesn't have a single Rex shard. What's most amusing is I have never had the option of using any of the friends I added through the code in game.

Ally's on your server seem to work better though, most of those who I friended through arena I do get their lead character.
  • jkdmike
    148 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ya it seems like they should definitely make some adjustments to how that works. There's only 1 dark side hard battle I can't get 3 stars on. I need a good ally option to help me get 3 stars on it. I played one of the easy levels, stuck in characters I have that I would not want to borrow from others.. Sid, Phasma, Vader, Royal Guard and general veers.

I go back to the dark side battle I'm trying to get 3 stars on and I now have only 1 option from my allies. I shouldn't be punished just because I don't want to use Phasma or Sid every single time. So dumb.

I'll just have to keep switching my allies around until I find some different options I guess. Such a pain in the ---.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Not well
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Summary of ally options:

"You are my ally...so you can ONLY use the one character whose leadership ability synergizes with my team - and no one else! I don't care what your team is!!! ALLY!!"

:)
  • jkdmike
    148 posts Member
    Options
    I also have some allys that only come up in either dark or light side battles but not both. Weird.
  • jkdmike
    148 posts Member
    Options
    I've already been on that thread. I have comments on it. But still not getting many answers. It's a great thread for illustrating a few specific points and it definitely taught me some stuff I didn't know. But at the end of the day the mechanics of which allies are available as options are just broken or work poorly.