Another ga post

So I've been patiently waiting to start the offensive half of this round. Been looking forward to it actually and what do I log in to see.....no defense set from my opponent. I understand people wanna try and win but that just takes the fun out of this and ruins everything. I'm glad I took a look at his roster and set the defense I did. Good luck breaking through my front wall with your fluffed up gp

Replies

  • me and two of my guild mates had the same. no def set. I have banners though, so dont think it's a bug.
  • There are economic incentives to join GA, even if you don’t play at all.

    I just posted on another thread why I’m contemplating the “no defense” approach. I haven’t done it yet. But I understand why other do it. I can’t win in GA because I’m always outgunned as a collector. But there are rewards if I join, even if I do nothing and place 8th. Or I can bang my head against the wall and also get 8th place. So...
  • I honestly feel that if theres no defense set then it should auto assign automatically. I know it does that for the 2nd two phases but it should do the first one too
  • Kyno
    31980 posts Moderator
    Bill0207 wrote: »
    I honestly feel that if theres no defense set then it should auto assign automatically. I know it does that for the 2nd two phases but it should do the first one too

    It doesnt do it currently, they are going to hopefully fix and add back the auto deploy.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Bill0207 wrote: »
    I honestly feel that if theres no defense set then it should auto assign automatically. I know it does that for the 2nd two phases but it should do the first one too

    It doesnt do it currently, they are going to hopefully fix and add back the auto deploy.

    Cool. So none of the GA bugs were actually fixed before they ran it again. I don't know why I'm actually surprised.

    Merry Christmas fellow beta testers!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • My opponent has not deployed but has started attacking me. And i have nothing to attack. Although i believe the way defense points are set, an opponent who doesn't deploy can not win against an opponent who has deployed (But has nothing to attack). That's all fine. But i wanted to actually test out my 3v3 teams. And am unable to do that if people do not deploy.

    I think the correct fix should be that if you do not deploy in the first round. It either deploys randomly. Or... They are removed from the Grand Arena for the rest of the match and they get 0 rewards. (They should not get rewards if they do not fully participate) I believe TW has a clause that if you do not set defense teams or attack then you don't get any rewards because you didn't do anything to deserve them.

    Also people not deploying strips away our chances at completing the Grand Arena quests. I would have finished one of the quests today and been rewarded for it already, now i need to wait for 2 more full days before i can get my rewards.
  • They need to make the algorithm for matchmaking include only the toons over 6000 power like they do in TW. Whales with 30 level 1 toons and the rest of the squad gold is not right.
  • Shadowz wrote: »
    My opponent has not deployed but has started attacking me. And i have nothing to attack. Although i believe the way defense points are set, an opponent who doesn't deploy can not win against an opponent who has deployed (But has nothing to attack). That's all fine. But i wanted to actually test out my 3v3 teams. And am unable to do that if people do not deploy.

    I think the correct fix should be that if you do not deploy in the first round. It either deploys randomly. Or... They are removed from the Grand Arena for the rest of the match and they get 0 rewards. (They should not get rewards if they do not fully participate) I believe TW has a clause that if you do not set defense teams or attack then you don't get any rewards because you didn't do anything to deserve them.

    Also people not deploying strips away our chances at completing the Grand Arena quests. I would have finished one of the quests today and been rewarded for it already, now i need to wait for 2 more full days before i can get my rewards.

    If u remove them, then somebody will meet a "bye" for the next two rounds which is essentially the same thing. There is no way u can slot in someone else without there being major uproars. There has to be an incentive for effort, and in most cases when theres an uneven matchup, likely there will be little to no effort from the underdog. Just appreciate your free win.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Bill0207 wrote: »
    I honestly feel that if theres no defense set then it should auto assign automatically. I know it does that for the 2nd two phases but it should do the first one too

    It doesnt do it currently, they are going to hopefully fix and add back the auto deploy.

    Cool. So none of the GA bugs were actually fixed before they ran it again. I don't know why I'm actually surprised.

    Merry Christmas fellow beta testers!

    At least we get gear and such for it. Clearly better than releasing a bugged toon to stomp arena.
Sign In or Register to comment.