GA - No Defense Penalty

Pooomba
31 posts Member
edited December 2018
CG,

Please enforce a penalty on players not setting defense. Although I was the same Gp as my opponent, he was severely outmatched. So, he said he hopes he ruins the fun for me and didn’t set anything on defense.

Not only are players like him making others lose out on rewards, but also ruining the awesome experience that your team worked so hard to create.
Post edited by Pooomba on

Replies

• Options
    Pooomba wrote: »
    CG,

Please enforce a penalty on players not setting defense. Although I was the Sam Gp as my opponent, he was severely outmatched. So, he said he hopes he ruins the fun for me and didn’t set anything on defense.

Not only are players like him making others lose out on rewards, but also ruining the awesome experience that your team worked so hard to create.

So you didnt get to steamroll him, boo hoo, how about instead of asking to punish a player you should not have been matched with , you ask for a more equal opponent, oh wait , you dont want that , you just want to have opponents you can beat , stand there and get beaten lol
  • Options
    CG,

Please enforce a penalty on players not setting defense. Although I was the Sam Gp as my opponent, he was severely outmatched. So, he said he hopes he ruins the fun for me and didn’t set anything on defense.

This.

My opponent hasnt set a defence, and has tried to clean me out and potentially earn more banners. Maybe there is a bug by now auto deploying squads, but it kinda sucks.

Should be able to hold on defense hopefully.....
  • Options
    Thraken01 wrote: »
    CG,

This.

My opponent hasnt set a defence, and has tried to clean me out and potentially earn more banners. Maybe there is a bug by now auto deploying squads, but it kinda sucks.

If he didnt set a defense he can't win, lol, its not a ploy or trick , hes going for the quests , youll win the round
  • Options
    Thraken01 wrote: »
    CG,

This.

If he didnt set a defense he can't win, lol, its not a ploy or trick , hes going for the quests , youll win the round

This. You got more banners for setting defense than your opponent can possibly get even if he clear all your team flawlessly. Your opponent probably just joined for free rewards and to finish quests.
  • Options
    @Darknesswon I actually don’t want to steamroll. Before he said anything I apologized for the matchmaking and set my entire front line with g8 teams hoping he could enjoy the game mode still.

I wanted to actually play the first 3v3 competition this game has had and get some credits/quest progress.
  • Options
    @Darknesswon I actually don’t want to steamroll. Before he said anything I apologized for the matchmaking and set my entire front line with g8 teams hoping he could enjoy the game mode still.

I wanted to actually play the first 3v3 competition this game has had and get some credits/quest progress.

Then why are you saying he should be penalized instead of, CG you need better matchmaking. You pity set a lower defense , that should tell you how bad the matchmaking is lol. Fix that and your no defense issue, poof, goes away
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    CG,

Please enforce a penalty on players not setting defense. Although I was the same Gp as my opponent, he was severely outmatched. So, he said he hopes he ruins the fun for me and didn’t set anything on defense.

God get over it already....winning aint enough.. every other post people whining they aint WINNING ENOUGH... it's pathetic

You want to enjoy the game mode you say.... you will eventually. In the meantime enjoy the free wins and hope the people in charge care enough to fix the horrible matchmaking...that the steamrollers incidently keep posting how amazing it is because they don't want their free ponys to stop
  • Options
    Stop whining, by round 2 or 3 i can guarantee you that you will be meeting someone who places defenses.
  • Options
    Also, if youre hopeless of winning, your best chance for maximising your rewarda is not to set any defenses.

By doing that, youll have more chance of successful attacks, which 1) gets you quest rewards and 2) gets you 100k credits/battle. They add up.

Also, this way youre preventing your enemy from getting about 800k - 1m credits (plus quest delayed) which is a clever way of saying f u.
  • Options
    Nerf their toons, womp their mothers!
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Also, if youre hopeless of winning, your best chance for maximising your rewarda is not to set any defenses.

By doing that, youll have more chance of successful attacks, which 1) gets you quest rewards and 2) gets you 100k credits/battle. They add up.

Also, this way youre preventing your enemy from getting about 800k - 1m credits (plus quest delayed) which is a clever way of saying f u.

thank's for saying it outr loud, those people prevent me from playing the game as it is intended to be played by saying what you just mentioned while raking in rewards for themselves, i want cg to penalize them for their antisocial behaviour.

• Options
    J0HND03 wrote: »

thank's for saying it outr loud, those people prevent me from playing the game as it is intended to be played by saying what you just mentioned while raking in rewards for themselves, i want cg to penalize them for their antisocial behaviour.

We agree on the issue.
    What we dont agree on is what needs to be changed. I work with similar tasks in my daily job, and we always pick 1) better/easier process for everyone (=here: better matchmaking) than 2) consequence management (=here: penalty).
  • Options
    He wants to do his GA quests that have huge rewards, it isn’t fair if someone doesn’t set defense. I thought they were gonna make it auto set?
  • Options

No, it’s not a trick or a ploy. It’s just someone trying to block the other person from progressing GA quests out of spite. They could have put their weakest toons on D and kept the rest for offense to progress their own quests. CG is already aware of this though and the auto-fill will be fixed and back in GA soon. So it’s all moot.
  • Pooomba
    31 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Why say f u to a random player that has done nothing wrong? We are all in the same boat driven by CG. Thanks for ruining the game mode for others
  • Options

Then why are you saying he should be penalized instead of, CG you need better matchmaking. You pity set a lower defense , that should tell you how bad the matchmaking is lol. Fix that and your no defense issue, poof, goes away

He should be penalized because everyone has a roster large enough to place bad teams. This type of bad player especially has enough low gear toons to place anything on defense. That’s why he’s in this situation in the first place.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Why say f u to a random player that has done nothing wrong? We are all in the same boat driven by CG. Thanks for ruining the game mode for others

You're talking logic, which is a waste of time. The people refusing to set defenses are a bunch of babies with poopy diapers who are so afraid to lose that they won't even try. And on top of that, they're deliberately ruining other people's fun, and then calling them "entitled" (irony alert) because they actually want to play the mode as it was obviously intended.

If they actually didn't play at all, I guess I'd kind of get it, but if you deliberately tank your defense out of spite and then battle the other guy's teams so you can advance your quests and get the credits, then call them names when they voice a desire for the opportunity to do the same, you're just a hateful little child, hiding behind the anonymity of the internet, and probably far too much of a coward to ever antagonize someone this way in the real world.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    The problem is the system.

The system rewards players for winning battles (100k, quest rewards) so offense is more important than defense in terms of personal (me) rewards.

If a player is severely outmatched (which is quite often the case), then that person may require their entire inventory to defeat their opponent's better built, more OP, and just in general better squads. Placing any character on defense means that's 1 less character that opponent has to try to beat the person who placed defenses.

In the previous GA, I placed defenses against an (what appeared to me based on their inventory) a decent match up. I had better mods, but gear and squad-wise we were pretty close. However, they did not place defenses and they used 6+ teams to defeat my 3 (5x5) squads.

Yes, I was disappointed that I lost out on 300k (which I always need money). But the root problem is that the game always rewards offense over defense. Every quest requires attacking. There's no defense or passive quests, so from their perspective why take the time to set a squad of lv1s? They are giving up their time to play a game to collect rewards for attacking, not rewards for defenses - especially if they believe they cannot win against that player.

I don't fault the player. I fault the system. They are doing what's best for them and that's not what's best for their opponent (or me).
  • Options
    The problem is the system.

The system rewards players for winning battles (100k, quest rewards) so offense is more important than defense in terms of personal (me) rewards.

If a player is severely outmatched (which is quite often the case), then that person may require their entire inventory to defeat their opponent's better built, more OP, and just in general better squads. Placing any character on defense means that's 1 less character that opponent has to try to beat the person who placed defenses.

In the previous GA, I placed defenses against an (what appeared to me based on their inventory) a decent match up. I had better mods, but gear and squad-wise we were pretty close. However, they did not place defenses and they used 6+ teams to defeat my 3 (5x5) squads.

Yes, I was disappointed that I lost out on 300k (which I always need money). But the root problem is that the game always rewards offense over defense. Every quest requires attacking. There's no defense or passive quests, so from their perspective why take the time to set a squad of lv1s? They are giving up their time to play a game to collect rewards for attacking, not rewards for defenses - especially if they believe they cannot win against that player.

I don't fault the player. I fault the system. They are doing what's best for them and that's not what's best for their opponent (or me).

And if that was the argument that any of these dingdongs were presenting, you know what, fine, I'd still be annoyed but that's a reasonable position.

But they don't. They name-call and go "haha FU I'm gonna deny you credits just because I can, neener neener neener."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png