Squad gp vs fleet gp

These need to be on separate counters for all game modes, tb, tw, and ga. It would make tracking deployments in tb easier and allow for more even match ups in ga and tw. Well tw might be fine since you can consistently use your ships but ga gets real lopsided real fast when I can't use my 1.4 million gp fleet and have to rely on those same crap g12 pilots to pull me through on squad fights.

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    As the toons aren't differentiated by their quality for GP purposes, I don't see how this çould ever happen.
  • Options
    Just bring ship gp calculation in line with toon calculation and it would balance out a fair bit
  • Options
    They already know fleet GP vs character GP, that info is on your in-game profile. It's just a question of which value gets used for matchmaking.
  • Options
    By the way, simply activating a ship triples the GP value of the pilot for no real gain. (crew power = 2x character power)
  • Options
    Yes... Right now I am facing someone with 47 g12 characters and 20 g11. Most of which have nothing to do with fleet. Compared to my 33 g12 and 17 g11 most of which are pilots. Thank you fleet gp for worthlessly destroying a game mode for me. The match making in ga is so much fun when you invested in fleets.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I also think the fleet gp should be seperated in this kind of event. Just don't see how you can argue pilots are worthless and should therefore be excluded.
  • Options
    Not excluded but the added bonus gp from pilots should be counted separately in fleet power and not squad power.
  • Options
    And the geo trio+fotp all g12 are worthless. Maybe if I leveled up the rest of my fo the pilot would be better.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    And the geo trio+fotp all g12 are worthless. Maybe if I leveled up the rest of my fo the pilot would be better.

I don't agree. 2 of them are average, spy sucks. There are tons of pilots which are also part of prime teams.

• Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    I also think the fleet gp should be seperated in this kind of event. Just don't see how you can argue pilots are worthless and should therefore be excluded.

This is why
    firmk166ts96.jpg

My tarkin is 16k power roughly

peo1lz12bucy.jpg

My tarkin with his fleet power added is actually counted as 38k thats double his actual power. Plus if you add the ship power 15k , now my tarkin is worth 53k, which he is obviously not worth. How is that yhe correct way to make matches. Especially with 0 ability to use ships.
    Now multiply that by every ship. That is why the matchmaking is soo bad
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    qbe1mosfas8h.png

Never played any of this fleet. always played the 2 geared pilots.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

This is why
    firmk166ts96.jpg

My tarkin is 16k power roughly

peo1lz12bucy.jpg

My tarkin with his fleet power added is actually counted as 38k thats double his actual power. Plus if you add the ship power 15k , now my tarkin is worth 53k, which he is obviously not worth. How is that yhe correct way to make matches. Especially with 0 ability to use ships.
    Now multiply that by every ship. That is why the matchmaking is soo bad

Just to be on the same page, I fully agree ship GP should be totally excluded from an event that doesn't even include them. Moreso I also think the current GP calculation needs to change, one of the things that need to change is the pilot being calculated twice for it. Maybe I understood the op post wrong.
  • Options
    I have a g11 tarkin. I also have fully omegad g11 geo soldier and spy with a g10 sun fac. Alot of people have strong pilots that aren't great in other game modes.
  • Options
    I have a g11 tarkin. I also have fully omegad g11 geo soldier and spy with a g10 sun fac. Alot of people have strong pilots that aren't great in other game modes.

And your point is? That its good to calculate pilots more than twice when matchmaking? And adding ships too, even if you cant use them. Is that your stance?
  • Options

And your point is? That its good to calculate pilots more than twice when matchmaking? And adding ships too, even if you cant use them. Is that your stance?

My point is that everyone probably has a few high gear pilots. It counts the same for everyone not just you.
  • Options

My point is that everyone probably has a few high gear pilots. It counts the same for everyone not just you.

Actually it doesn't if you had been paying any attention to this topic. but no not everybody has a few high geared pilots. And someone who has 300 to 400k more in ships than someone who doesnt , doesnt count the same. Go back and read all the posts about one person having a big fleet gp vs someone who doesnt. And its magnified to stupidity if you cant even use your ships in the event.
  • Options
    Ship GP should absolutely be ignored in matchmaking in toon based events such as 3v3 GA. It literally dictates if you win or lose. 200k GP difference in characters is very significant, especially around 1.5-2 mil character GP area.
  • Options
    Ship GP should absolutely be ignored in matchmaking in toon based events such as 3v3 GA. It literally dictates if you win or lose. 200k GP difference in characters is very significant, especially around 1.5-2 mil character GP area.
    You can just imagine the howls of outrage if the situation were reversed: two fleet zones, no squad zones, matchmaking by total GP (squad + fleet).
  • Options
    They could easily do a fleet ga. Do 3v3 squads with no capital ship and no reinforcements except the back section has 1 fleet. Would actually be an interesting game mode. Maybe 3 defensive squads with 1 of those holding your big fleet. But that might be too draining on ships.
  • Options
    They could easily do a fleet ga. Do 3v3 squads with no capital ship and no reinforcements except the back section has 1 fleet. Would actually be an interesting game mode. Maybe 3 defensive squads with 1 of those holding your big fleet. But that might be too draining on ships.

It's easier than that.

Do a normal one, but you can use the same ships on offense and defense.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

It's easier than that.

Do a normal one, but you can use the same ships on offense and defense.

But use full GP to matchmake since some ppl think it's fair.