QOL Improvement - Mod Management

Mod management is a major area for quality of life in need of a rework. Here are some of the key elements of why it is so hard to manage mods in general:

1. Once you play for a while, you'll end up with 100s of mods across dozens of characters.
2. There are numerous abilities to keep track of, both primary and secondary.
3. Ability values can range from true crap to god and there is a huge range in between them. So it is hard to know what's "Great" versus "God" and "OK" versus "crap."
4. Mods can be leveled up and also promoted in quality tiers, further making guesses about their potential difficult.

So mods are actually the most complex part of the game when you combine all of the above factors.

This is further compounded by what I consider to be very poor interface design around them. They key drawbacks to SWGOH's mod management interface:

1. Can only be accessed in the context of setting mods on a given character or selling.
2. No indications of whether a given value is good or bad in the range of what's possible for the ability.
3. No indications for which type of character a given mod is good.
4. Primitive filter and sort abilities.
5. There is a mod cap limiting the number you can keep, forcing excess mods to go to Inbox and then requiring you to decide which to sell out of the hundreds you have.

Here are some user interface improvements that would go a long way to making mod management so much easier:

1. A dedicated mod manager screen that provides direct access to mods.
2. Ability to filter and sort by level
3. Allow filtering by range. E.g., Show me only mods with speed <5.
4. Allow sort by multiple attributes
5. Indication of the quality of the ability value (red to green or something indicating where it sits in the range).
6. Tag multiple mods to upgrade. For example, I can select 15 level 1 mods and pay the total price to upgrade all to level 9 immediately.
7. An indicator on the mod to tell you what type of character it would be good for.
8. Sell mods from Inbox or direct from a character slot or individually when looking at it.

With these improvements and things like them, it would make mods a much more enjoyable part of the game. Right now it feels like a huge chore.

Replies