Locked rosters in GA not showing up correctly?

So in preppingfor this current round I noticed of the 50 g12 toons my opponent has only 8 of them where modded. I planned as such to face unmodded toons. Correct me if I’m wrong but rosters lock at the end of the join period and those rosters (mods included) are the same rosters used for the entirety of the event right? When u look at the leaderboard for your GA and click on your opponents name it shows the snapshot of their build at the end of the join period correct?

All that aside, when the attack phase opened with my opponent I was surprised to see that some of the toons that had zero mods equipped where now fully modded. I’m not 100% sure but I was under the impression that the toons viewable in your opponents rosters from the leaderboard should be representing what you are going to face. I partially expect this to be some kind of bug but haven’t ruled out foul play. Any clarification would be nice.

Replies

• Options
    The view from leaderboards is a live view, not a snapshot
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »

Where is this confirmed?
  • Options

Where is this confirmed?

It's how the game works. It's the same profile screen with stats/info/inventory/block/message/ally buttons/windows as when you click on your squad/fleet arena rankings or in your guild memberlist.

You can't see the locked in roster, you can only see the live/current roster.
  • Options
    Well that’s just ludicrous, that’s really kind of lame for an event that takes a week. The toons in TW reflect the join period configuration..... why should it be any different for GA? I get it but they should be showing us what we’re going to be facing.... not a sort of looks like what you’ll be facing....
  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The toons in TW in the squads reflect the join period, but you're not looking at that player's inventory. Also, if you hold down (maybe 2 seconds) the character icon in the defense squad of your opponent, you should see the locked configuration that the defense is using.
  • Options
    Understood, it’s just counterproductive I guess. Would be much better to see you’re opponents locked roster as is. Thanks for the help guys.
  • Options
    Understood, it’s just counterproductive I guess. Would be much better to see you’re opponents locked roster as is. Thanks for the help guys.

I think everybody, except the developers (CG), agree with you. We're all just stuck here playing the game with the design they made and trying to do the best we can (and figure out how it works).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Where is this confirmed?

Perform a simple test:

1. Choose one of your own characters, which you haven't modified since lock.
    2. Check that character's gear, mods etc. after putting it on defense.
    3. Check that character by looking up yourself on the leaderboard.
    4. Perform changes to that character (add gear, change mods etc.)
    5. Check that character by looking up yourself through the leaderboard (notice the changes).
    6. Check that character by looking up the team on defense (notice that it's still unchanged since lock)