Next farm: Revan or C-3PO?

I'm nearing my final shards of Vet Chewy to be ready for the next JTR event so I'm trying to decide who to farm next in Cantina. I can either level my 3* T3 and Mission or my 3* Chief Chirpa and Paploo.

I started on the hard mode toons for Revan and I plan to finish Bastila to 7*, but I only have Zaalbar and Jolee at 4*. Wicket is 2* and Elder is 5*.

Here is my account if you need other info: https://swgoh.gg/u/timejumper/

I've seen videos showing C-3PO beating Revan in arena, but that's not the only mode I'm focusing on. I'm leaning toward 3PO, but I've heard a lot of good things about Revan so I can't decide.

Replies

• Options
    Revan
  • Options
    I don’t have Revan, but got C3PO to 7*. There are some factors you should consider...

Revan is coming (very likely) earlier back than the golden rod. Also, the toons do not need a very high gear level.
    C3PO is great, but only if you have the right toons to put a good squad together, and you’ll probably need Paploo, Logray and Wicket for the event.

After looking at your roster, I suggest you focus more on C3PO, cos Revan will not help you much, since you lack a good Jedi squad.
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Is this actually a real question?
  • Options
    These kind of threads always puzzle me.

Only you know the answer @timejumper , and the question is incredibly simple - who do you want more? C3P0 or Revan?
  • Options
    These kind of threads always puzzle me.

Only you know the answer @timejumper , and the question is incredibly simple - who do you want more? C3P0 or Revan?

No. It’s not simple. He wants to know things like who is more useful, easier to unlock and so on. Keep your opinion to yourself if it’s not helpful.
    It depends on who you’re closer to unlocking. C3P0 works with a lot of different teams. I found the grind to get KOTOR toons hasn’t taken as long as initially expected, especially when you save up crystals to buy their shares in the shipments. C3P0 I had most of the bears levelee up already. Revan certainly is very useful
  • Options
    It's doubtful you'll be able to finish old republic toons in time for revan's return unless you plan on spending $. Your ewoks need alot of work but you'll have more time to farm them before c3po is coming back. I'd focus ewoks first then old republic.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I want to say full steam for Revan as his guys don't require as high gear levels
    but as others have mentioned, he was released a month after chewie, so he might be hear next month
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback folks. As CoastalJames said, it should be as simple as picking the one I want more, but I wanted to go for the one who has most overall utility in the game, since I need to focus on one at a time.

It had been simple to focus on Phoenix for Palpatine, who is used for R2, who unlocks CLS. The newer legendary/hero events don't seem to have the same clear cut progression. I started the JTR farm before Revan was announced and then started the Old Rep people outside Cantina nodes before C-3PO was announced. Since I can unlock 3PO at 5*, I suppose that's the way to go, but I just wanted a sounding board.
  • Options
    I would just go ahead and start your 3PO grind now. You've got a ways to go for Revan and I expect he'll be back sometime in either Jan or Feb. The Mission grind is a long one and T3 is found in Cantina battles as well. Just my 2 cents...
  • Options
    timejumper wrote: »
    I'm nearing my final shards of Vet Chewy to be ready for the next JTR event so I'm trying to decide who to farm next in Cantina. I can either level my 3* T3 and Mission or my 3* Chief Chirpa and Paploo.

I started on the hard mode toons for Revan and I plan to finish Bastila to 7*, but I only have Zaalbar and Jolee at 4*. Wicket is 2* and Elder is 5*.

Here is my account if you need other info: https://swgoh.gg/u/timejumper/

I've seen videos showing C-3PO beating Revan in arena, but that's not the only mode I'm focusing on. I'm leaning toward 3PO, but I've heard a lot of good things about Revan so I can't decide.

It really boils down to your roster, your needs and your wants. Me personally I can't stand Jedi and have no intention of farming for Revan until its been set in stone that he's needed for Darth Revan/Malak, and even then it would depend on how good they are.

Now C3P0 on the other hand is amazing, would fit well in several of my current squads, is obtainable at 5* AND murder bears are fun! Plus you can make 2 squads of them for 3v3 GA and they're good defenders for TW.

So as you can see my preference is C3P0 but that's because it fits my needs. If you LIKE Jedi, WANT Darth Revan/Malak close to their launch and don't really use/like Rebels and or Resistance then maybe Revan is your best bet.

I also wouldn't suggest choosing your farm based off the last/next event of that character. Lets say Revan comes back next month and then doesn't return for 3 months, if you started now you are giving yourself an extra month to avoid needing to panic farm. Worst case scenario you can start farming something else! Thankfully C3P0 is a legendary so if you started now but don't manage to finish you can still get him unlocked at 5 or 6* and he's very useful.

Hope this helps!
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    JK_47 wrote: »
    No. It’s not simple. He wants to know things like who is more useful, easier to unlock and so on. Keep your opinion to yourself if it’s not helpful.

Have a word with yourself mate...

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    It's hard to know what future will bring for the game, i.e. what would be useful in a new raid. Naturally I farmed for both in my higher gp. In your case you are just 1 toon next to a meta rebel team, so answer should be obvious. Solely getting Revan won't get you the team, there's much more investment on getting that team ready. For last consideration what does the farm itself get you: ewoks are a fantastic team and the event is very hard. You gotta gear them properly which returns you a ga/tw team. Revan farm will yield you 2 toons that will get used in that team and the event is a cakewalk. The other 3 you may never use unless you later decide to the Qi'ra team.
  • Options
    To piggy back off this post a bit. I'm at 3* with Jolee 7/30. everyone else is at 7 except Zaalbar who is 72/100 and they are all gear 10 or higher. How long will it take me to get Jolee to 7*? I'm doing 2 refreshes for him daily but I can't beat the ship battle that gives his shards yet.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Assume 30% drop rate, decide how many refreshes you are doing, easy enough to calculate from there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH