Shard Slumps

I have been experiencing far more frequent and longer shard slumps then ever before. I am literally getting 0-1 shard per day for the characters I'm farming and that's just not cool. For example: I've been farming Jolee Bindo for over 2 months now and I just barely got him to 4*. It will take me (based on averages) almost an entire calendar year to get him to 7*. That's ridiculous. Among the frustration of shard slumps, Grand Arena matchups have been impossible for me as a collector style player. Every opponent I'm matched up with has had at least 50 g12 toons. I have 3. It seems that me wanting to progress my characters has negatively impacted my Grand Arena abilities which is also frustrating. This game is becoming more and more difficult to keep playing. I'm not spending any credit's anymore in fear of getting too high of GP, I'm not getting the shards needed to make a viable stand in this game, well at least not in an semi-acceptable timeframe. I just feel like my style of playing is being punished and repramanded just for loving the game itself. I imagine I won't be playing it much longer if this trend of shard stinginess continues. Something has to give or I'm outta here.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The drop rate doesn't change, it has been shown to be 30% across the board.

Each game mode has its "particular play style", so any competitive mode doesnt benefit you to have a bunch of useless characters. You will on the other hand be great in TB and events will be easier.

It's all about how you want to play, but yes you cant be expecting to be a top competitor if your roster was not built for it.