need some Chewy tips...

Prev1
i cant beat it and i should have a great team

(L) Bossk zeta g12, ig88 g12, dengar g12, zam g11 and Boba g12
No. Just No.

Replies

• Options
    What's your current strategy? Also just out of curiosity are your other 5 BH's geared or starred up at all? Cad Bane might be a better option instead of IG-88.
  • Veserion1
    150 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Try 3x tenacity sets on bossk with tenacity cross,should get him over 100% with that.
    Everybody else except boba needs protection primaries for surviving(no crit dmg triangle, only protection).
    Finally boba is your main damage dealer, load him up with high speed,crit dmg and offense.
    For strats I suggest looking at some game changer vids.
  • Options
    Every suggestion I see says Bossk and Dengar. How much harder would it be without those 2?

Not even bothering this time, but will have Embo and Jango by the 3rd go around.

G12 Jango, Boba, Greedo, Embo and Bane/88/Zam???
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Every suggestion I see says Bossk and Dengar. How much harder would it be without those 2?

Not even bothering this time, but will have Embo and Jango by the 3rd go around.

I don't have much experience with Jango's leadership but for the most part Bossk is a really solid leader that helps keep your team alive. Regarding Dengar, the reason he is necessary is because if he is stealthed it prevents the enemy from going under stealth. That way R2 can't do anything with smoke screen and you can focus on whoever you want.
  • Options
    atm tryign to zerg han from git go and its almsot worked

Best tactic is to go for Chewie first and then Han. After that it doesn't make a massive difference, but typically people say go for Lando then Leia etc.. etc..
  • Options
    Gama_Fox wrote: »

I don't have much experience with Jango's leadership but for the most part Bossk is a really solid leader that helps keep your team alive. Regarding Dengar, the reason he is necessary is because if he is stealthed it prevents the enemy from going under stealth. That way R2 can't do anything with smoke screen and you can focus on whoever you want.

Cheers. I got 5* Chewie doing the Dengar trick, but at the moment he's not 7* and while I'm farming Hoda I don't want to cut off both sources of gear. Hoda only a couple cycles of TB/TW away from 7* so might finish Dengar once I have that shop back at my disposal for gear.

Bossk is just too far away at the moment. Will get to him after Jango/Embo, but won't be in time for next Chewie.
  • Options
    This event is stupid and poorly designed.
  • Options

Cheers. I got 5* Chewie doing the Dengar trick, but at the moment he's not 7* and while I'm farming Hoda I don't want to cut off both sources of gear. Hoda only a couple cycles of TB/TW away from 7* so might finish Dengar once I have that shop back at my disposal for gear.

Bossk is just too far away at the moment. Will get to him after Jango/Embo, but won't be in time for next Chewie.

I was able to get Chewie to 7* the first time around. I used Boba lead, Dengar, IG-88, Cad and Greedo using the "potency" trick. Basically you get the highest potency mods/secondaries on your BH and under a Boba lead it gives them a massive health boost. So yes, it's possible to complete it without Bossk it just takes different strategies.
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »

The BH are a really fun faction and they have other uses so it's not like you're wasting your time or resources by gearing them up. It's a tough event, yes, but it's still fun because it requires strategy and you get to use a fun faction.
  • Options
    Getting annihilated with all G12 characters isn’t strategy, it’s absolutely ridiculous reliance on RNG
  • IgneoMorte
    253 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    ok in finally got him i just had to overload his mods with all tenacity Han, Lando, leia, chewy then R2

Does Tenacity loading with mods help if his lead isn’t zeta’d? @Veserion1
  • Options
    @Veserion1 whatever that Tenacity did, I love you. I beat it on my 4th attempt after setting Tenacity mods.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options

I just got him seven starred without Bossk on the team, but Dengar is 100% required for this fight just because its how you win since you negate R2's stealth. You cannot win this fight killing R2 first, unless you get lucky.

But then again, even doing it otherwise you need to get lucky, also don't trust the GC vids, on some they say "low gear" but its still G12'ing it with super luck from Greedo.

There is a reddit guide on Beating it with G10 characters using Boba lead/Dengar/Zam/Greedo/Cannon fodder(My cannon fodder was IG88 stacked with Potency) my Boba was G12 and was most of my DPS. That's what I used, Zam TD cheese :D
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »

The BH are a really fun faction and they have other uses so it's not like you're wasting your time or resources by gearing them up. It's a tough event, yes, but it's still fun because it requires strategy and you get to use a fun faction.

I 7* chewie on first release for my main and got him today at 7* for my alt. Gotta say it doesnt actually require strategy, just a hecj lot of luck.
  • Options
    Im close to tears ove been building my bounty hunters for months for this even and due to the fact that dengar never appears in my guild store i think im gonna miss out again. Im watching guides online and they were all uploaded pre Bossk nerf. Im gonna give up at this rate
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    3rd attempt and pretty easy without Bossk (see image for my team)

1k25a8t857ie.jpeg

• Restart if someone other than Boba dies on initial strike.
    • Ideal start = Dengar stealthed to block R2s smokescreen.
    • Potency Crosses & as much Potency as is reasonable to maximise Bobas leadership.
    • Enough CChance on characters that need to Crit to use their abilities.
    • Mod Boba to murder e.g. CD set with CD Triangle (Potency Cross though...)
    • Kill Chewie first
    • Avoid using AOEs
    • If Boba dies he needs to kill someone fast - EXECUTE :)

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Getting annihilated with all G12 characters isn’t strategy, it’s absolutely ridiculous reliance on RNG
    @Veserion1 whatever that Tenacity did, I love you. I beat it on my 4th attempt after setting Tenacity mods.

Made me giggle. But hey, grats.
  • Options

Haha glad it worked out :smiley:
    Tenacity is underrated
  • Options
    Im pretty sure the RNG is weighted to stun your highest level toon. Bossk is my highest gp. 9.99/10 times he is stunned first. I ripped his mods off an low and behold he’s no longer being stunned.
  • Options
    Boba lead potency becomes health put tenacity on bossk. Don’t taunt and hope dengar gets stunned and invis then hunting party on chewie.
  • Options
    Shaun wrote: »
    Im pretty sure the RNG is weighted to stun your highest level toon. Bossk is my highest gp. 9.99/10 times he is stunned first. I ripped his mods off an low and behold he’s no longer being stunned.

Yeah, I put 128% tenacity on Bossk just to try that out? Still got stunned, three or four times. lol

Even the "Get G12 Bossk in the lead and you'll get it!" stuff is funny to hear too. Still an RNG fest and I don't seem to have the fun RNG luck that so many others do. My teams are getting wiped in about two rounds even with bossk. Even if he throws up his taunt, it's gone before I can even do anything.

Like I've said before, the AI plays by different rules and if it isn't cheating, it isn't trying. :tongue:
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    No amount of advice will help because the only thing you need to win is RNG. Gear and strategy is irrelevant
  • Options
    ok in finally got him i just had to overload his mods with all tenacity Han, Lando, leia, chewy then R2

Good job... but you did that the hard way.

Chewy is the glue for that team. When hes gone its down to han and lando. Once they are down its cake
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    No amount of advice will help because the only thing you need to win is RNG. Gear and strategy is irrelevant

It's definitely a big RNG event, but gear definitely matters or you'll NEVER get a turn. The strategy is similar to Thrawn where a certain kill order helps, but still need RNGeezus to help.