Is Dengar required?

teacherkcs
posts Member
edited December 2018
I have been prepping since the last Chewie event, got my BH's all set up.

Only problem is I didn't have nearly a chance to get Dengar to 7 stars.

Either way, ZzBossk with 2 extra pieces of G12 gear, Boba with two extra pieces of G12 gear, IG88 at G12, then Cad at G11 and Greedo undergeared at G9. I've got over 25 attempts so far and I have yet to get a round that at least two of my characters were not dead before I even had a chance to take a turn. (And not just IG and/or Greedo, Bossk is at half health after Han/Chewie hit him)

Is it fodder? When I throw my arena mods on them, all the BH have over 200 speed. But I get screwed by smokescreen because I can't counter it with Dengar, and then its just a matter of them picking my guys off.

https://swgoh.gg/p/784817594/characters/

Sorry, can't type this morning!

Replies

• Options
    Dengar makes you be able to clear tier7 by lower geared.

Boba G12 (L)
    Bossk G12
    Cad G10
    Greedo G9
    Dengar G9

That’s what I used.

Increase Potency veeeeery much.
    It helps you.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I used G12 zBossk (L), G12 Boba, G11 IG-88, G9 Greedo, and G7 Dengar and beat it with flying colors.

Without Dengar, you need to just keep trying until R2 uses his fire AoE instead of stealth and go to town on Chewie. Use Greedo's Threaten on R2 or Cad's Stun to give yourself a little extra time to take out Chewie. With your roster, I would just try to stun lock (or ability block) R2 until Chewie and Han are gone.

If R2 uses his stealth off the bat, just restart.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    teacherkcs wrote: »
    When I throw my arena mods on them, all the BH have over 200 speed. But I get screwed by smokescreen because I can't counter it with Dengar, and then its just a matter of them picking my guys off.

https://swgoh.gg/p/784817594/characters/

Sorry, can't type this morning!

Are those the mods, you use for the event? Try a tenacity primary cross for Bossk, a crit dmg. set and offense cross for Boba and crit chance primary triangle for Greedo (and crit chance set, if he can survive). But yes, without Dengar, you have an extra element of RNG in the mix (on rare occasions, R2 doesn't start off with smoke screen).