Grand Arena Preview Phase = Why?

So I have 24 hours to guess who my opponent might be? I don’t understand.

Add a bi-daily quest for participating. One day setup, one day attack mode. That’s it. That’s all you need.

Ok maybe the daily quest is a bit much but please eliminate the unnecessary preview phase. Thank you.

Replies

• Options
    Do you have a better proposal to getting matches paired up from the players that want to play?

As you have already read elsewhere, the preview or join phase, is so that players can sign up if they wish to play in this particular round of GA, making a join/preview phase mandatory.
    So I have 24 hours to guess who my opponent might be? I don’t understand.

Add a bi-daily quest for participating. One day setup, one day attack mode. That’s it. That’s all you need.

Ok maybe the daily quest is a bit much but please eliminate the unnecessary preview phase. Thank you.

You’re welcome
  • Options
    For event signup.

At the end of preview phase a matchmaking batch job runs against the list of participating players. There's a message and timer on the UI if you check it at the right time.
  • Options
    The alternative to this would be making it so players "auto-join" whether they actually want to play the game mode or not. If they don't want to play, and they are forced into it they'll simply not participate at all. When that happens you'll get the spam of threads complaining about how "my opponent didn't set ant defence! This takes all the fun out of it for me".
  • Options
    Signup is to prevent not active players joining GA.
  • Options
    1.) Like others already mentioned before, the preview phase is for joining. We are all over the world with different time zones, and some people can only log in during specific times of the day due to their work schedule. This system guarantees everyone the chance to join GA during this time frame.
    2.) I actually like the preview phase as it's a reminder that it's going to start soon, so if there's any character who might only need one more piece of gear etc., I can still try to get it done before the preview phase ends. :)
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    2.) I actually like the preview phase as it's a reminder that it's going to start soon, so if there's any character who might only need one more piece of gear etc., I can still try to get it done before the preview phase ends. :)

That's actually a really good point as well, didn't think of that.
  • Options
    The whole thing seems incredibly long-winded and over-complicated.

It's a "no" from me.