New Player Strategy

Hello all. I’m fairly new to the game (lvl 52). I’m trying to farm good teams later on for the arena. Right now, I’m working on Phoenix and a Sith team: Vader, Nihilus, Trooper, Dooku, and Sidious.

What are some good improvement to my Sith team? Palp and Scion instead of Sideous and Dooku?

I’m also not a big fan of Phoenix, but they are still good due to their great synergy and their farm ability. However, I’m looking to begin farming another light team, but not sure where to start. I’m considering a QGJ team, but not entirely sure who to pair him with. I’m considering Aayla, Ezra, and JKA since I can farm them. Who is good to farm for the fifth team member?

Replies

• Jarvind
    3928 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Yes to both Palp and Sion. Dooku and Sidious are both pretty outdated, even with their zetas.

For light side I would actually consider a Smuggler/Scoundrel team. The Solo characters are great, have a good ship (Lando's Falcon) and they'll enable you to complete Smuggler's Run. Farming Young Lando will take a while, which gives you time to collect some Jedi from shops.
  • Options
    I’d also start farming bastila. She’s a long farm, so the earlier the better. If you’re gonna do Jedi, then bastila is a much better lead than qgj anyway.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the input! Much appreciated!
  • Options
    I would agree that Bastila lead skill is pretty good. it will help with the GMY event.
  • Options
    The game is now "farm a ton of people you don't want just so you can get to meta."

Grand Arena is teaching us that multiple strong squads of 5 are expected.

Double dip where you can. The makers seem to want 2019 to be the year of the bounty hunters. You need bounty hunters for a lot anyway.

Bosk, IG88, Bona, Jango, and Cad Bane all have ships that will likely synergize somehow, even though that probably doesn't make Canon sense. You'll likely need Tarkin and Thrawn for the capitol ships....

Lots of choices. Those ships though could probably bring you to high fleet power before Phoenix.
  • Options
    You might also want to consider toons that are also good in fleet arena. It is usually easier to get crystals from fleet than squad. (Mostly because most people don’t like fleet and don’t focus on it)
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Bastila is definitely a good toon to farm....the sooner u start to farm the old republic toons the sooner u can get revan which is a excellent toon. Bounty hunters are also a great multi purpose faction u cant go wrong farming
  • Options
    I would agree that Bastila lead skill is pretty good. it will help with the GMY event.
    Mace Windu and Padawan Jarjar could clear the GMY event with nothing but a wet floor mop. :p