To end GA confusion

When defense phase was up i look at the squad blips and it shows me 4 blips. For an entire terriotory your telling me that you couldnt add a 5th. Now going into attack phase 4/5 teams placed. Can it be one or the other. Keep the ?/? Squads with no blips, or drop the ?/? And keep the blips. I know it seems petty but its one of those things when your looking at 1 or the other it has the potential to hinder.

Replies

• Options
    Same thing here, 4/6 honestly thought there were only 4 squads to set. Looks like I'll be losing the first one on account of stupidity...
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    This is nothing new...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Agreed,

Was in a rush and got caught out. Thought I only had to place 4 teams, not 5.

Please make the number of icons equal to the number of teams you have to set. It would greatly improve the ui.

Also, can we stick to a single version of GA?

I much preferred the 3v3. At least that was different.
  • Options
    My opponent did the same thing... placed 4/6.....3rd straight opponent to set less than full defensive teams.
  • Options
    My opponent did the same thing... placed 4/6.....3rd straight opponent to set less than full defensive teams.
  • Options

I disagree with this. Love how GA is changing every time. Really enjoyed 3v3. And this round, us who priorities ships have the high ground. Neat!
  • Options

Nah, man, the variety of Grand Arena formats is what’s going to keep it fresh. I love how it changes each time. On the plus side, for you, it’ll start repeating popular formats eventually so I wouldn’t worry too much.

Though you’re completely right about the icons matching the number. That’s something I hope they fix in the next update. I’ve placed full teams each time, so it hasn’t hurt me any. But icons matching numbers is just basic professionalism.

(Not to say bugs are an indictment or anythong—they happen. Fixing them happens, too, though!)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Should add a (+x) circle to each territory that supports too many squads to display, like they do for muli-crew ships in the fleet UI.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    They should just add smaller blips to the territory that don't display the leader, but display as filled/empty based on deployed squads. It's really terrible UI design as is, they're breaking a ton of UI rules:
    • Graphic display doesn't match the actual situation
    • Form over Function (since there isn't enough space to show all the squad leaders, they only show some, which is misleading)
    • Constant user error implies a design flaw
    Yes, it's a game and not a productivity app, but players spend a lot of money on it...
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Should add a (+x) circle to each territory that supports too many squads to display, like they do for muli-crew ships in the fleet UI.

Probably the best case scenario. I would say make the circles smaller, but then if we get this same territory setup for 3v3 that'll be like 10+ little circles for one territory. So having the same layout as the multi-crew membered ships might be best.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Many player are confused by the graphical design, which makes it a bad design. The goal ought to be to make it clear for all players how many teams can be set on defense. CG realy should redesign this.