Anybody else not farming Rey at all?

I don't know if it will be the worst decision at all in the game eventually, but I decided not to farm Rey at all since December now.

It is just to long... And when reading here in the forum it seems, that everybody has her as a side project at least. So I am wondering if I have to pay the price in 2-3 months when everybody got her (at lvl 80, 90...).

Replies

• Options
    Rey is one of the top tier characters. She will have a predicted speed of 172(fastest in the game) when the level cap is 90, but it sill takes months until the level cap becomes 90 and everything can change. You might consider start farming her now, with all the 3 stages open, you can get 3 shards per day and will not be too far behind when the level cap is 90.
  • Options
    I think she is the best hero from LS/DS missions and you need those for your daileys. I started a bit late (maybe a month ago) but have her now at 41/65. So it's easy to catch up. Who else should you farm from hard nodes? Anakin or FOTP maybe
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not farming Rey either. Top speed/attack is too mainstream.
  • Options
    Not farming her currently. I tend to stay away from the characters I see or expect to see every day (like Sid and GS). However, she is one of my favorite new characters, so I might end up farming for her eventually.
    I'm farming Ewok on the backburner instead.
  • Options
    Luke6108 wrote: »
    Rey is one of the top tier characters. She will have a predicted speed of 172(fastest in the game) when the level cap is 90, but it sill takes months until the level cap becomes 90 and everything can change. You might consider start farming her now, with all the 3 stages open, you can get 3 shards per day and will not be too far behind when the level cap is 90.

But I can't imagine that they let the top speed char still one shooting almost all other ones.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I suppose lot of people isn't. Some because they don't like, others because the long farm, others because they are hipsters like that.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't started farming her at all, but I somehow have 15/80 shards. But, I am not planning on farming her either. She isn't my cup of tea. I know a lot of damage fast, I just foresee a major nerf that makes her not so good and I have hopes of future something different.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Just a random thought:

Rey is basically THE main character of the Star Wars story arc for the foreseeable future. As such, it would make some sense if she was a "main" character in-game. (Read: borderline over-powered). If you are not currently farming her, you might want to rethink that position.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    wikking4u wrote: »

But I can't imagine that they let the top speed char still one shooting almost all other ones.

^
  • Options
    I dont farm any character once the nerf discussions start. I havent had a character nerfed yet, and i dont want to waste the resources on the chance, Although I have GS maxed and it seems he is next on the list. If i use/fight a character and see they are out of line i simply dont farm them.
  • zinho
    28 posts Member
    Options
    wait until jedi rey comes out. it will be a beast
  • Peanut
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I'll pass on Rey - im more for them odball kinda guys with jawas
  • Options
    I see Rey in arena, free kill unless Dooku double stuns both my Dooku and GS upon going first. I 1 shot kill her before she moves.

At 90 she is the fastest in game, and the hardest hitting. Pretty much a guarantee you lose a character the very first action in the battle. Let us be real people. The nerf calls will come with a vengeance when this comes to be. The fastest character the hardest hitting? You lose a character 1st action of the fight. You run Rey too it becomes a RNG coin toss of whose Rey goes first. Hmm sounds familiar ala Poe, who was burned at the nerf pole on this forum.

I farm her daily, when I'm about to get to next star I'll refresh the nodes, but for me anyway, she is simply not arena viable. RG is the ultimate tank now, however his taunt does not break up a QGJ harmonous or swarm, so she dies before he can protect her.

So to run her you have options.

Barriss lead to boost her HP to where she might get an action. Then you sacrifice a slot for one very much not arena material given her weak hit and slow speed.

Rex as lead to boost with some more punch. His HP are low and he really needs 5's with him. So you put him and 5's(now over 20k HP) in you have survivibility and counter and Rey is boosted, but aside from Rey your DPS is meh. Add in 2 other high DPS characters and you have a solid build. Though no Jedi likely in this build it is easily countered again by anyone with more speed than Rey, especially if one is either Leia or GS.

Poe boosts offense, not survivibility so not a great choice unless you really want to ensure they focus her down leaving you boosted, so really only viable there on a resistance team.

Sadly this is the flaw in Rey. Easy to kill, at level 90 she will be called the dreaded OP because she kills someone first action of the fight.

I still farm her I love her character, but I don't see her as a big arena threat given her ease to kill.

• Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    I dont farm any character once the nerf discussions start. I havent had a character nerfed yet, and i dont want to waste the resources on the chance, Although I have GS maxed and it seems he is next on the list. If i use/fight a character and see they are out of line i simply dont farm them.

If you don't farm anyone that's been discussed on a nerf thread, you must have like 3 toons on your roster lol

So you don't farm anyone?
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    at 4 stars, with the offense up from QGJ her flurry of blows attack can easily take out a 7* sid and Dooku with one shot.

so no, you should not farm her.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I'm not farming Rey either. Top speed/attack is too mainstream.

+1

I'm not farming her, because I lack the patience/funds.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I did it and maxed her. I'm not concerned about nerfing as the game could change so much between now and 90 that it just may not be an issue. With level caps also come lots of health. Not sure how this would scale but think about RG having 27k health... Rey isn't gonna one hit that.. At least I don't think so lol
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    Options
    She is fast,powerful and she is one of my favourite characters in SW.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I've started but only have 50/80 shards so still a long way to go. I'm further forward with Anakin though, who I'm farming in a simular way.
  • Options
    You run Rey too it becomes a RNG coin toss of whose Rey goes first.

Not if I run QGL as leader with speed boost for all toons and you don't... QGJ level 8 leader ability almost as OP as Rey at lvl 90
  • Options

This. I farmed her to 20 shards, then stopped. Then, she was one-shotting my toons in the arena, so I've resumed aggressively farming her. If I can't knock her down before she gets foresight, I might as well enjoy the same advantage.

Same story as you mate. I started playing this game shortly after I saw The Force Awakens and got 28 Rey shards before giving up and moving on. Since then, she is the bane of my life on enemy teams.

Trouble is, I'm busy farming for the Yoda event so she's going to sit on the back-burner for another couple of weeks, but after that, I'll farm her good and proper (!).
  • Options

If you don't farm anyone that's been discussed on a nerf thread, you must have like 3 toons on your roster lol
    I can generally tell by seeing a character in action whether or not they will get nerfed. You can tell the characters that are just annoying from the ones that are likely to be nerfed just by the conversations. Dooku and sid are the ones that constantly get talked about and most would agree that, although annoying, they dont necessarily need a nerf. Then there are the conversations about QGJ, GS, Rey, old daka, ect where a majority are agreeing that they need a rebalance.

• Options
    If I remember to I will farm her, but I am like 25/80 or whatever. I don't have her yet.
  • Options
    She's a looooooong farm, still tweaking for my Yoda at the moment. She may be next on the list though. She reall tough when she gets a crack at you.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    I m currently farming ewok scoit instead of Rey
  • Options
    I've been slowly on and off farming her since we got her free shards, and barely have 51/65 for 5th *

In the past 2 days I got 1 shards in the 18 attemps.

Quick math that's 288 energy for 1 shard, good deal, but then again that's probably only 2-3 sringes
  • Options
    I'm not farming her and it is a mistake... thought she is obvious nerf bait they won't neuter her.

I am farming FOTP which is slower and therefore more annoying but half way to 6th star means there is no going back. I'm going to get used to not being in the top 10 when level caps go up.

It's not rocket surgery.