Jedi substitute for Ezra

Right now Ezra is on both my PS and Jedi teams, and I'd like to develop a replacement for him on my Jedi team (mainly for events that need multiple teams). Any suggestions?

And as I just thought of this, perhaps a better idea is to farm Sabine to replace Ezra on my PS.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    papy72 wrote: »
    Right now Ezra is on both my PS and Jedi teams, and I'd like to develop a replacement for him on my Jedi team (mainly for events that need multiple teams). Any suggestions?

And as I just thought of this, perhaps a better idea is to farm Sabine to replace Ezra on my PS.

Thoughts?

Ezra together with gmy is the highest damage dealer in a jedi team. In a revan team ezra becomes surplus to requirements.

In reality there are 7 top tier jedi characters. Revan, bastilla, jolee, hermit, ezra, gmy, and general kenobi.

Only ezra gmy and revan have worthwhile damage. You need two of them in your team imo at the top level.

If you are running a lower tier jedi team and you aren't relying on top tier performance jka or aayla or qgj are useful b tier jedi damage dealers. Jka's ship is elite too so its worth farming him.

There's a lot going for Sabine though (very good ship, sith raid functionality) so I'd probably farm her.
  • Options
    Thanks @Naraic. My Jedi team right now is zBastilla, Ezra, GMY, QGJ and OB. I have GK but he is only recently unlocked so getting him up to 7* is going to take a long time. And Revan (for me) might take even longer hehe.
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Use Sabine instead of Ezra at Phoenix.

There are two main jedi leaders: Revan & Bastila.

If you want to divide them, you need more jedi who has a big DPS.

Ezra is the best.(Except GMY)
    And I suggest Anakin.
    Fascinating Character.
  • Val_Galahadred
    442 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thanks @Naraic. My Jedi team right now is zBastilla, Ezra, GMY, QGJ and OB. I have GK but he is only recently unlocked so getting him up to 7* is going to take a long time. And Revan (for me) might take even longer hehe.

@papy72 don't worry about getting GK to 7 stars, just get him to G11, and he'll be ready for Arena, especially if you aren't on a very mature shard (which you probably are not, if you're just now unlocking him).

But, to your original question, just farm Sabine for your Phoenix Squadron, and keep Ezra with your Jedi for now.

• papy72
    182 posts Member
    Options

@papy72 don't worry about getting GK to 7 stars, just get him to G11, and he'll be ready for Arena, especially if you aren't on a very mature shard (which you probably are not, if you're just now unlocking him).
    I took a BIG chunk of time off (my GMY is from the second time he was run) so my shard is pretty mature.

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    In your position I agree that filling out Phoenix with Sabine is your best bet. Her Zeta is even decent along with Kanan's if you really want to max them.

I've been at it long enough to get my second Jedi team up and running though, so as you build for the future, I would highly recommend Anakin, and Aayla. In TW I run:

Revan, GMY, Jolee, GK, Anakin as a defense team.

Bastila, Hoda, Ezra, Old Ben, Aayla on offense.

The double damage and 100% TM Anakin gets when allies drop into the yellow/die is nice, and Savior/Jolee means they come right back anyhow. He also gives offense up to the team, and he can go over 100% crit chance with good mods, and Revan lead.

Aayla is good under Bastila because she is a tad slow, but can be called to assist by Ezra, Bastila, and Hoda. When Bastila calls her and buffs her, my Aayla reaches 100% crit chance, which is nice for her stun on crit. Also Aayla will have 100% counter chance with Bastila's buff. Her damage is solid, but this is mainly a control heavy team. Stuns everywhere. Then Ezra does the damage.

That's my favorite way to divide up the Jedi.
  • Options
    Really depends on your end game:
    HY for healing
    Ayala for attacker to call assists and hopefully GMY
    Old Ben for more defense

Personally, Phoenix isnt a great faction for high end PvP so I’d keep Ezra with Jedi.
  • Options
    Substitute Sabine into pheonix instead
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Personally, Phoenix isnt a great faction for high end PvP so I’d keep Ezra with Jedi.

Maybe not for arena, but they do great as a back-line defense in TW/GA. They're easy to roll over with any recent "meta" squad, but for the B-teams you're trotting out by the time you get to the back territories, they can still be really tough to beat.

Plus their ships are pretty good, Phantom especially.

All that said, yes, filling out Phoenix with Sabine is probably the best option as he does perform well on a Jedi squad.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Maybe not for arena, but they do great as a back-line defense in TW/GA. They're easy to roll over with any recent "meta" squad, but for the B-teams you're trotting out by the time you get to the back territories, they can still be really tough to beat.

All that said, yes, filling out Phoenix with Sabine is probably the best option as he does perform well on a Jedi squad.

Their ships are very good. They don’t make it to many back sections at 4.75m unless they have multiple zetas and they’re extremely easy to take out unless you add Ezra in there, which neuters your Bastilla/Revan team.

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Their ships are very good. They don’t make it to many back sections at 4.75m unless they have multiple zetas and they’re extremely easy to take out unless you add Ezra in there, which neuters your Bastilla/Revan team.

How does that neuter your Revan team? Most common in my arena is Revan/GK/GMY/Jolee/Bastila. I see Ezra as the fifth but not often, in fact at the top I see more of either Hoda or Chewie.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

How does that neuter your Revan team? Most common in my arena is Revan/GK/GMY/Jolee/Bastila. I see Ezra as the fifth but not often, in fact at the top I see more of either Hoda or Chewie.

I’m not talking about arena. GA/TW

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Their ships are very good. They don’t make it to many back sections at 4.75m

I mean I guess that might be true, but given that likely less than 1% of players have a GP that high, they're probably still useful for the majority.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Ok so which Jedi aren't you using and where are you using them? Or two Jedi teams?

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Ok so which Jedi aren't you using and where are you using them? Or two Jedi teams?

I can’t give away all my trade secrets but generally I run Ezra with Revan and then a Bastilla team with other Jedi/attackers :)

• Options

Their ships are very good. They don’t make it to many back sections at 4.75m

I mean I guess that might be true, but given that likely less than 1% of players have a GP that high, they're probably still useful for the majority.

That’s a good point but I think it’s smart for all players to think end game no matter their level

• Options
    I would say yoda.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Options
    Sabine can take a lot of time to farm. Meanwhile you can use Princess Leia as substitute in Phoenix Squad. But you will need to omega her basic ability and invisibility. This way she can stay perma invis, deal solid damage and boost allies with crit chance buff. Plus she is needed for CLS, so it won't be a waste to gear her up a little.
  • Options
    Does it have to be a jedi. When I was running Bastila, I subbed in Chewbacca for ezra. He should guard gmy which is awesome due to the speed and turns gmy takes plus gmy cant be stunned which is a huge benefit.