Enhance Inventory Sorting (Characters, Squads, Ships and Fleet)

MasterOfNothing
32 posts Member
edited January 2019
This year I’d like to see a little more improvement in sorting characters and ships in the inventory screen. As well as I would like to have a feature that allows you to create a Squad or Fleet so you can focus on spending your limited resources on these groups of characters, including characters you have not unlocked yet.

Below is general idea of how I believe the characters inventory could be improved.

pci2enfn8qh9.jpeg

On the the top of the character screen you can eliminate the part that goes from character to ships and place this as a tab at the bottom. Then set 4 drop downs and 1 tab as follows

Alignment - Role - Affiliation - Class - Sort
  • Alignment (Drop down): All, Light Side, Dark Side or Neutral
  • Role (Drop Down): All, Attacker, Tank, Support or Healer
  • Affiliation (Drop Down):All, Old Republic, Sith Empire, Galactic Republic, Separatist, Galactic Empire, Rebels, First Order, Resistance or Unaffiliated (Sidebar- I also believe almost every character should have one of these tags as if this was a general macro-classification and the other are a specific Micro-classification but thats for another years post.)
  • Class(Drop Down): All, Bounty Hunter, Clone Troopers, Droids, Ewok, Genosions, Imperial Troopers, Jawa, Jedi, Nightsisters, Phoenix, Rogue One, Scoundrels, Sith, Smuggler, Tusken, or Unclassified.
  • Sort (Tab): would be similar to Mod Filters that opened a second box and allowed you to select a sorting Preference. Such as: Favorites, unlocked, locked, Level, Rarity, Gear tier, power, health, protection, speed, physical damage, special damage, potency, tenacity, critical avoidance, evasion, ascending or descending. Or even have a hold, drag, and drop feature. And, once you set it, it would keep this Preference for the next Time you use it (or at least until the app reloads or is closed).

xefwtzivbnrs.jpeg

On the Bottom, Replace “Train” and “buy data card”. I have never used “train” to train any character, usually just I select the character I want and then select train from their. After all usually resources are limited so I can usually only upgrade a few times a day and usually it just goes to one character. And I understand you want to promote spending money but The “buy data card” short cut is not necessary.

“Buy data cards” tab should be replaced with “Ships” (a shortcut to the ships page because it would no longer be on the top). Or just place “ships” as the third tab and leave “buy data cards” or in other words “store” as the forth.

“Train” should be replaced with “Squads”, a new feature that allows you to customize, sort and upgrade by squads in a similar fashion to Mod loadouts or in a similar fashion to the Squad Mangement page (from when you are selecting characters just before a battle).

From here you should have a sort preference similar to the one in Characters menu except it gives you the combine total of the squads and, aside from your favorite characters, you can select favorite squads. Or just drag and drop your squads in the order you want them in.

And by tapping on individual member in the squad it will open the individual characters page so you can upgrade from there. Squads are set any where from 2 to 5 characters because perhaps you just want to use Solo and Chewie but are unsure whether to stick them in a rebel, scoundrel or smuggler team. Any character can be set to a squad, even characters that have not been unlocked. Even though they cannot be used, it allows people to set goals of what squads they want to focus on.

In ships, the Top Ships screen should be similar to the characters screen as well. The bottom replace “enhance” with “Fleet” similar to what I proposed in “Squads” only with Ships this time and “buy data card” should be replaced with Characters (a shortcut to character screen).