f

BBQ
6 posts Member
edited March 2019
f
Post edited by BBQ on

Replies

• Options
    I run a traya squad. Team I have most trouble with is CLS with Chewie. If you have c3po you're on spot for a great squad.
  • Options
    Yep, that Kanaan is terrible. If you really insist a tank, go for gk. Or old ben. Or st han. Or pretty much anyonr but kanaa.

Also, dont waste your gear on non arena team. You have mediocre rebel + jedi teams. Get 1 maxed team instead.
  • Options
    CLS, OG Han, Chewie (who is absolutely amazing with the previous two), Old Ben and R2.
  • Weaselcult
    130 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I was in a similar position with the traya release but chewie made me more competative again even more so now with 3p0. CLS zolo chewie r2 and 3p0 are amazingly strong. If you don't have 3p0 yet then L3 works really well or zOB or thrawn. 3p0 let's you compete vs revan a bit better though. Without him I'd suggest thrawn for offence vs revan but slip in l3 or zOB for defence
  • Options
    I have been running Zastilla, 286 speed GMYz, chewyz, zOB, and GK. I hold under 100, somtimes near 50 with them.. haven't tried moving mods to try CLS, Zolo, Chewy, r2, and zOB tho
  • Tie_Wan_Jyn
    56 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    CLS, OG Han, Chewie (who is absolutely amazing with the previous two), Old Ben and R2.

I use that setup, minus OB, I use Thrawn when Attacking and Baze when defending, Somedays I like to switch it up and go on Offensive with zzZJTR zZBB zZR2 OG zHan + zZChews just cause it too slaughters (Just doesnt hold well against Revan/Treya backlash) but it sure does take some of em down when I am in control.

Moral of the story, finish your BHs (Need around 89-90k Power and Dengar) and get 7* Chewwy and slaughter most things in your way.

~!*EDIT*!~
    Can be done without Dengar at around 92k+ but cant get him with undergeared BHs without Dengar. I used G12 zBoba w/ G10 Cad + G9 Dengar/Greedo + G8 Zam and took quite a bit of retries(80+) to get the right RNG but with 325%+ Potency on all of em and solid mods for Health/Protection/Offense its more then doable. Way easier if you have Bossk Zeta Lead (Or even just bossk for tanking under Fetts)

Make that a G9 Cad Bane as well. Total power of my BHs when I finished 7* Chewy was 87.5XX but I had real solid mods
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Baze in arena in 2018? Are you a newer player?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tie_Wan_Jyn
    56 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Pretty ancient actually, from back in the day when that FB Luke vs Tuskens event thing was giving out Mk8 Holos and other things. G12+ Baze under Luke w/ 135k survivability is pretty rough, even more so if paired with his good buddy. its just enough living for the other 4 units to dish out the pain. More then enough living if Chirrut is present

~!*EDIT*!~
    Would say about 7-10weeks older(Was level 76-77 Already) then that event actually since my Luke got me hundreds of those things, enough so still to this day I am giving out the leftovers I didnt convert and use
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    And what is your arena rank?

I find it very hard to believe it's anything competitive still running a team from like four metas ago.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    CLS, Zolo, Chewie, R2, Thrawn
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    Options
    I run a squad similar to @CoastalJames but with C3PO instead of Old Ben.

But I’m in an ancient shard (April ‘16) with lots of Revans and Trayas while I have neither. So I’m lucky if I finish above 100.
  • Options
    PoD wrote: »
    I run a squad similar to @CoastalJames but with C3PO instead of Old Ben.

But I’m in an ancient shard (April ‘16) with lots of Revans and Trayas while I have neither. So I’m lucky if I finish above 100.

Exactly same as you...and I'll be using C3 instead of OB when I get him!

I'm lucky if I finish above 100 too. 91 been my best. However - I can handle Treya easily, Revan I don't see/avoid and the biggest problem for me is Bastilla-led, double-Yoda Jedi squads...

• Options
    @CoastalJames
    Try swapping in Thrawn for OB against Bastila teams, stun Gmy with shoots first, fracture GK, finish off GMY, then pick them apart at your leisure - hoda included is actually one of the weakest Bastila compositions.

(You still playing dystopian wars?)
  • Options
    BBQ wrote: »
    Hi! So im wondering if i could get some tips om what i should do going forward with my arena team.

Im a fairly seasoned player who used to compete in the top ten and occasionally hold the number One spot in my arena. But boy that changed after the realease of traya, ever since that moment i've been falling further and further and i need help with what i could do to counter these top ens teams.

I've recently unlocked chewbacca and havet geared him Up a bit but om wondering if i should Keep in trying different combinations of rebel team or if i should go back to My old trustworthy jedi or if i should do anything different

Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated!
    Heres my Collection:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/998346698/characters/

I would go with jedi for now. Bastilla lead, gmy, ezra, old ben/gk, and jolee/gk for double tank.

Cls may be a better temporary team but without both chewie and 3PO at 7 stars, it won't do very well in the meta.

With that being said, if you go jedi, you'll need to farm the req to get revan to be competitive long term.
  • Options
    You’ll do just fine with CLS, Solo, Chewie, R2 and Thrawn. Only team I really have trouble with that combo is Revan, and that’s probably mostly due to being out-modded/geared (I’m still stuck with like +100-120 speed compared to their +150). If your opponent’s are using traya, though, you’ll shred them. Stun thrawn, dispel trooper, fracture traya, kill Sion after he uses AOE and you take out his protection on the counters, finish off thrawn then nihilus, traya, trooper. Traya rarely takes a turn, but on the occasion she does you should have everyone but CLS smokescreened so it won’t matter.
  • Options
    BBQ wrote: »
    Hi! So im wondering if i could get some tips om what i should do going forward with my arena team.

Im a fairly seasoned player who used to compete in the top ten and occasionally hold the number One spot in my arena. But boy that changed after the realease of traya, ever since that moment i've been falling further and further and i need help with what i could do to counter these top ens teams.

I've recently unlocked chewbacca and havet geared him Up a bit but om wondering if i should Keep in trying different combinations of rebel team or if i should go back to My old trustworthy jedi or if i should do anything different

Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated!
    Heres my Collection:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/998346698/characters/

ix1secqeclz6.jpeg

When you get 3po you can exchange r2 or Thrawn. I personally run cls, Chewy, solo, 3po, Thrawn to finish top 10 in Arena. Anything not Revan is a cakewalk. Top tier Revan with zJolee takes a little rng, lot of strategy.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Options
    Your bounty hunters look great, so finish off your top 5 (7*) ones to get chewy to 7* next time. Then, you have a long ways to go on your Ewoks for 3po
  • Options
    And mod chewy with cc and cd, as much offense as you can. Do not worry about speed on him: do an offense arrow.
  • Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    @CoastalJames
    Try swapping in Thrawn for OB against Bastila teams, stun Gmy with shoots first, fracture GK, finish off GMY, then pick them apart at your leisure - hoda included is actually one of the weakest Bastila compositions.

(You still playing dystopian wars?)

That's a really good tip - thank you.

(And I have no idea what Dystopian Wars is...so maybe you think I'm someone else Bub ;) )