Mod slicing question

Let’s say i have a mod and i slice it right now. It upgrade for example stat A.

Now if i had waited and sliced the same mod tomorrow. Would it still upgrade stat A again or it is random and could upgrade another stat ?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No one can answer that question for you, we cant un upgrade a mod.

But in theory, it would be random each time, and not locked in to that mod.
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    Let’s say i have a mod and i slice it right now. It upgrade for example stat A.

Now if i had waited and sliced the same mod tomorrow. Would it still upgrade stat A again or it is random and could upgrade another stat ?
    The thing about RNG is that you never know what stat will be upgraded when

but like Kyno said, on paper, it should upgrade a different stat with a 75% chance and the same stat A with a 25% chance if you sliced it at any other point in time
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I would assume that it is decided at the time you roll because otherwise the answer would have to be contained in the game already and could theoretically be datamined. (That's based on me not having any real understanding of datamining and could be completely wrong.) Practically it doesn't make any difference.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    I would assume that it is decided at the time you roll because otherwise the answer would have to be contained in the game already and could theoretically be datamined. (That's based on me not having any real understanding of datamining and could be completely wrong.) Practically it doesn't make any difference.

Yes, makes more sense to not store that data.