The Endurance - please make it more viable

AntiFunn
512 posts Member
edited January 2019
So as the title says, the Endurance is the least desired ship right now. And the massive Ships rework still left him back even more far behind.

So let me briefly explain some things we need to fix:

It has the lowest base Speed among all Capital ships and his abillities don't even offer that much on a first turn. I know we are supposed to "gain a huge speed advantage with Valor" but it still doesn't work since we have only 3 ships at the start and at least 1 gets sniped at the beginning.

Secondly, Valor doesn't do anything for the regular ships. I mean its a cool buff but the Ships need to benefit from this. Possibly something minor but useful like: +25% Tenacity and Defence.

Also, Hold Fast should have a bonus for Galactic Republic ships. At least maybe grant Defense Up and Tenacity Up for 2 turns? These Thrawn or Moff ships disable it way too easily.

Lastly, the passive Honor and Might abillity is absolutely horrible. Allies with protection have +15% offence and defense? ok 30% for Republic while they have protection, but still that is bad. Executrix gives Empire ships +40% offence for each debuffed enemy. Let's also not forget Chimera granting 80% Critical damage to Empire ships and 15% crit chance in additional to the stacking Tenacity wew.

At the end I know people are gonna say, go for a Thrawn or Moff ship which is a lot better. Yeah, you are right but still I WANT to be commanding a Venator Class Star Destroyer against them.

Replies

• Options
    Well, I suggest you try looking around, There’s a mace fleet comp that works very well, there’s really no reason to “fix” maces ship at this point in time .
  • Options
    Yep. I've seen it top 5. Mace and HT. Don't know the others but it is amazing when you think about it because for the longest time damage > all. To even see a team take top due to longevity is a breathe of fresh air in stale competition.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    There's people complaining that Mace Timeout Fleets are annoying.
    Then there's people complaining Mace Endurance is too weak.

Conclusion:
    The common problem is people it seems.
  • Options
    I had to check the date to make sure this post wasn’t necrod from April or something.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    There's people complaining that Mace Timeout Fleets are annoying.
    Then there's people complaining Mace Endurance is too weak.

Conclusion:
    The common problem is people it seems.

If I could sum up the forums in one post it would be this one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Isnt the Endurance the current best capital ship? Lol

At least the one that can do defence and offence the best?
  • Options
    Isnt the Endurance the current best capital ship? Lol

At least the one that can do defence and offence the best?

Defense? Yes

Offense? With the right ships.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    What exactly is the "timeout" fleet? And is it the same configuration u use on offence too?
  • Options
    What exactly is the "timeout" fleet? And is it the same configuration u use on offence too?

Mace, Anakin, lots of tanks and prot recovery ships.

Probably not.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    Then it’s sounding like you need to develop your fleet better, and likely use different ships.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    What about a Seps Cap ship?
    They just updated their operating system and got stuck in a boot-loop. Too bad. :p
  • Options
    Umm well it is the current meta...
  • Options
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    Then it’s sounding like you need to develop your fleet better, and likely use different ships.

Ok cool, on that note what influences ships and those few speed differences?

I mean for instance, the crew member is at G12 has a lot of Speed mods so their base speed is quite good. However, there are some with other people with the same gear level on crew with less character speed but their Ship speed is higher than mine by 1, 2 or 3 etc.

For example, my capital ship has 150 speed while some others have 151 or 152 and TIE fighter is at 192 while some enemies are at 193 etc. I tried equipping some extra gear but its still the same.
    Anything I am missing apart from the obvious?
    Crew gear level yes, crew star level maybe, the ship star. I know that character speed barely influences ship speed tho.

Ship speed is determined by crew power, Char speed means nothing to ship speed,. The higher built your char, levels , stars, gear tiers, and gold level 15. Mods. ( mod stats mean nothing, just color rarity and level). The higher stats the corresponding ship will have.