Perfect start 2019

Hello,

i stopped playing swgoh a while ago. I was one of the old perfect start creators and i enjoy that kinda stuff. Seeing how far a f2p player can get. SWGOH,MSF, Age of Magic and Looney tunes now.
I kinda want to start SWGOH now. Can i ask how much has changed,any new tips? Im gonna start hoarding so i have a while before real things happen. Correct me if im wrong but lvl 28 is when you get into an arena shard?

I suppose focusing on phoenix early is best. Are old school things worth it? Stormtrooper, biggs, boba?

Replies

  • It's been a while since I started, but AFAIK they changed some stuff around to make it less appealing to do the whole "perfect start" thing...

    I think I heard somewhere, that you are no longer guaranteed a char in your first chromium package, but I can't find info about it anywhere...

    and yes, phoenix still seems to be the best way to start off, but after that it's gotten a lot more flexible as to what you want to do...

    Bounty hunters are almost all pilots, so from them you get double usability and access to the chewie legendary + most likely soon access to the Original Trilogy Millenium Falcon(!)

    KOTOR toons will give you Revan, but won't do much else

    Sith are still arena viable and Empire toons unlocks R2D2

    The good thing is, you ALMOST can't go wrong ;)
  • Thanks, the perfect char thing seems less meaningful since phoenix is easy to get early on. I loved my 2017 Lando pull, them crit strat was awesome.

  • Huatimus
    3359 posts Member
    No more guaranteed character on first pull and new Marquee characters not accessible to level 27 and below.
  • Naraic
    2170 posts Member
    It's important to find a guild to sit in while doing hoarding. One doing raids you can join in.if you do raids while hoarding you will be ahead in terms of gear not just levels.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    It's important to find a guild to sit in while doing hoarding. One doing raids you can join in.if you do raids while hoarding you will be ahead in terms of gear not just levels.

    But would you still recommend him doing it? (the hoarding-thing)
  • hardvig wrote: »
    Bounty hunters are almost all pilots, so from them you get double usability and access to the chewie legendary + most likely soon access to the Original Trilogy Millenium Falcon(!)
    4/10 bounty hunters are pilots and specific ones are all but mandatory for Chewie.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    No more guaranteed character on first pull and new Marquee characters not accessible to level 59 and below.


    A more accurate statement.
  • BucMan55 wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    No more guaranteed character on first pull and new Marquee characters not accessible to level 59 and below.


    A more accurate statement.

    Hoarding can only be done at level 27 and below, you get assigned an Arena Leaderboard the moment you hit level 28 and unlock Arena. It's more accurate but less relevant to this discussion.
  • The guild thing is still the same, ok. Had a main account in a guild and a hoard account so i could help the guild and not just feed of it. Yeah didnt get a char, got 20 shards of L3 .When you mean no marquee chars before 59 you mean from pulls or simply you cant hoard grind them? Im ok with that, i mean i can grind phoenix before 28 and be ready with them for arena.
  • Means you need to be at least level 60 to participate in any new Marquee events.
  • Yeah,ok. Nothing special. With a nice hoard insta lvl 40 and extra energy since you dont wanna hoard jump to ship shard. No way you can get insta Thrawn. Im fine with that. For me its good since i havent played for a looong time, so all this bounty hunters and every new hero seems cool and not just a grind. Fresh eyes is the best.
  • Just started five weeks ago and hoarding is still the way to go if you want to top ten your arena shard for the first month+. As for a perfect toon, the ideal pulls are Bastila, MT, Nihilus in that order and its very tedious trying to get them but there are ways to speed up the process.
  • But without a hoard and with average planning and management, I’m hitting top 50 arena and second in fleet with a full 7* Phoenix squad. Either way is decent.
  • Hmm can someone please explain what is that hoarding strategy in more detail?

    Also, the main info I was hoping to find... That about being assigned an Arena Leaderboard the moment you hit 28, doesn't seem to be my case. I hit 28 yesterday, and when I tried my first arena battles I was at rank 7000 or so and ranks around 5000 are already too hard for me. It's obvius I got throw in a much older Leaderboard. Is there any way to change that, or create an account/ unlock arena in a perfect moment of a month/ year or whenever to get into a Leaderboard with players of the same level? :/
  • ABraveNoob wrote: »
    Hmm can someone please explain what is that hoarding strategy in more detail?

    Also, the main info I was hoping to find... That about being assigned an Arena Leaderboard the moment you hit 28, doesn't seem to be my case. I hit 28 yesterday, and when I tried my first arena battles I was at rank 7000 or so and ranks around 5000 are already too hard for me. It's obvius I got throw in a much older Leaderboard. Is there any way to change that, or create an account/ unlock arena in a perfect moment of a month/ year or whenever to get into a Leaderboard with players of the same level? :/

    A Leaderboard fills up to 20,000 players before a new one opens up. I've heard it takes about a week to populate a Leaderboard now. If you had timed to join at the start of a new Leaderboard, you probably would not be in the rank 5000s and below. But at any rate, you're only a few days behind the majority at the most. You'd have to join a Discord server where they monitor when new Leaderboards open to know when to time yourself to enter at a ""perfect" time. Either that or you keep creating junk accounts to hit level 28 and see for yourself.
  • I'd say he best way to go now is Phoenix first, than bounty hunter and ST Han for credit heist, Rebels and Empire to get CLS and R2 and after that either jedi and old republic for Yoda and Revan or First Order and Resistance for BB8 and Jedi Training Rey. This way you have a Phoenix team, a bounty hunter team, a rebel team and a empire team, 2 solid teams for LS and 2 for DS.
  • ABraveNoob wrote: »
    Hmm can someone please explain what is that hoarding strategy in more detail?

    Also, the main info I was hoping to find... That about being assigned an Arena Leaderboard the moment you hit 28, doesn't seem to be my case. I hit 28 yesterday, and when I tried my first arena battles I was at rank 7000 or so and ranks around 5000 are already too hard for me. It's obvius I got throw in a much older Leaderboard. Is there any way to change that, or create an account/ unlock arena in a perfect moment of a month/ year or whenever to get into a Leaderboard with players of the same level? :/

    Hoarding is when you just get to lvl 27 and then just get free energy 3 times a day. Then its all how much you wanna wait. Month ,2,3 and then you have a lot of saved energy and you can rocket up to lvl 40 insta or even more. It can have more nuances like im 20 now and only play cantina for phoenix so ill have 3 phoenix (2 nodes ,1 store) before i even get in Arena.

    The Arena shard is as described by Huatimus.

    ColemanTrebor, thats my plan too. Well ill hoard for atleast a month if i dont get bored and excited to play. Meta can change but for early game i doubt it will change like it did with phoenix.


  • Huatimus wrote: »
    You'd have to join a Discord server where they monitor when new Leaderboards open to know when to time yourself to enter at a ""perfect" time.

    Can i get the invite link to that discord server?

  • Thank you both for your replies, very helpful ^^
  • There is no more perfect start anymore. There's just too much to consider and the power creep does not stop. That being said you can still go roughly the same route and still be okay.
  • There is no more perfect start anymore. There's just too much to consider and the power creep does not stop. That being said you can still go roughly the same route and still be okay.

    Not true, hoarding is still very much a thing.
  • Bloodless wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    You'd have to join a Discord server where they monitor when new Leaderboards open to know when to time yourself to enter at a ""perfect" time.

    Can i get the invite link to that discord server?

    /RznXew
    There is no more perfect start anymore. There's just too much to consider and the power creep does not stop. That being said you can still go roughly the same route and still be okay.

    Hoarding will always be a thing. I didnt go for perfect char which im fine with. You can hoard with a guild very easly. You need 2 accounts ofcourse so you contribute with one.

Sign In or Register to comment.