Vote every week to remove toons in arena

Why not ?

Replies

• Options
    No.
  • Options
    Um no! Why not?? Because once that starts then what’s the point of working on a roster when you can’t use them in arena. They are already gonna receive a backlash for this stupid idea in TW....add that stupid idea to arena and people like me will say F’it and just quit the game all together.
  • Options
    Probably better to just delete the game
  • Options
    Um no! Why not?? Because once that starts then what’s the point of working on a roster when you can’t use them in arena. They are already gonna receive a backlash for this stupid idea in TW....add that stupid idea to arena and people like me will say F’it and just quit the game all together.

I think some of you are missing the OP's point. The point is, CG has already created a disincentive for people to work on their roster. In some ways, they did so with GA, by "punishing" players with wide rosters by pitting them against players who had stripped off mods and had dozens of under or non-levelled/geared toons.

The recent TW, by banning fully geared, modded and leveled toons (and by extension, making their entire team/faction useless), only takes that up a notch.

The reality is, they are simply now doing overtly, what used to be a more "covert" approach to forcing players (especially p2p ones) to keep spending. Power creep and continually releasing hard counters to recently released "OP" characters is the way they had been squeezing whales into repeat spending. Now they have simply ramped up the speed at which they are doing those things (how quickly did Revan drop after many had 7* Traya..then how quickly did 3p0 drop after that?) - and added the more direct manipulation of bans for particular game modes.

And if you think it won't get worse, you haven't been paying attention for the past 18 months.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    You're going where Richard Pryor could only have dreamt of with humour.
  • Options
    I vote to remove your account every week.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I think some of you are missing the OP's point. The point is, CG has already created a disincentive for people to work on their roster. In some ways, they did so with GA, by "punishing" players with wide rosters by pitting them against players who had stripped off mods and had dozens of under or non-levelled/geared toons.

The recent TW, by banning fully geared, modded and leveled toons (and by extension, making their entire team/faction useless), only takes that up a notch.

The reality is, they are simply now doing overtly, what used to be a more "covert" approach to forcing players (especially p2p ones) to keep spending. Power creep and continually releasing hard counters to recently released "OP" characters is the way they had been squeezing whales into repeat spending. Now they have simply ramped up the speed at which they are doing those things (how quickly did Revan drop after many had 7* Traya..then how quickly did 3p0 drop after that?) - and added the more direct manipulation of bans for particular game modes.

And if you think it won't get worse, you haven't been paying attention for the past 18 months.

Pardon my giant yawn. Remind me why you're still playing?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I somehow think that the CG crew will see "this feedback" that the OP gave and consider it something like "the people have spoken".

Why do I believe this? Because they completely ignored 85% of the community that said they're wrong in banning stuff and even phrased like "we", the community wanted that.

P.S. do you know what I'd vote for? a wall where you and the crew from CG can smash your heads against :smiley: just kidding of course, although I'd gladly give you a push :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • Options
    "Hey everyone! From the postive feed back we’ve heard from everyone, we’ve decided to allow YOU to ban any characters you want from cantina battles! We hope you have fun and playful time doing it!"

Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/