Advice on Droid Team

SamuraiUX
265 posts Member
edited January 2019
Hi, all -

I'm having fun ignoring the meta and working on my droids right now, LOL. They're meant to be a TW/TB team - I know they're not going do anything for me in the arena.

The problem is that most of my droids get divided into other teams for TW/TB. R2 sticks with Rebels, BB8 with Resistance, and Chops with Phoenix. So here's what I've got for suresies:

(L) HK-47: He's still the best leader for now, yeah?
T3-M4: good droid healer and has target lock synergy
IG-88: good damage dealer and has target lock synergy
Imperial Probe Droid: keeps people from getting buffs and target lock synergy

So who's my fifth member? Let's not just throw ideas out there - I don't have all the droids starred and leveled up. Here are some choices:

IG-86: squishy but hits hard
K-2SO: every team needs a mediocre tank, right?
B2 Super Battle Droid: I always used to be jealous of people who had him leveled up... so tanky and buff removal. Is he still any good?

1) What are your thoughts on the above?
2) If I were going to steal Chopper, R2, or BBQ.... er, BB8.... from their respective team, who should I steal because a. their loss is least destructive to their team and b. they'd be the most useful addition?

Thanks for the chat,

SamUX

Replies

• Options
    Steal chopper cause Phoenix is trash
  • Options
    Kalano wrote: »
    Steal chopper cause Phoenix is trash

Hahaha, I love your passion. Although passion leads to anger, and anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering. Or something like that, according to Yoda.

But for TW/TB, you're technically wrong. Phoenix is required for some TB, and they serve as decent defense in TW and GA. Also, the show was reasonably entertaining, so I just can't bring myself to hate them. But it's okay if you do. =)
  • Options
    You need at least one tank or semi-tank to keep IG safe because he dies if you look at him the wrong way. K2 would be good temporarily, but I'd suggest starting L3-37 to put in eventually. She's a pretty easy farm, and is an amazing tank. With a zeta she can even save each droid ally from dying once (doesn't work on probe droid when he self destructs though). That'd probably be the best route if you want to keep BB, Chop, and R2 for other teams. Droids are kind of stuck in a bad spot because the best droids have important spots in other teams, but they can still be really good with what they have.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    😉 yeah. They are relevant for TB. Regarding TW/GA it depends on gp bracket. I don’t regret never have geared them properly 🤷‍♀️
    Just did 6/6 in TB though
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve been experimenting with them lately and there’s a few variations with the droids...

Super TM lock teams... like HK (L), 88, T3, IPD & BB8... or 88 (L), L3, T3, IPD & BB8... both are very strong in the right circumstances.

Or variations using CPO & R2 which utilize cpo’s kit...

You can even run a leaderless droid team with some success... like 3PO, R2, BB8, T3 & L3

T3 Is crucial for making them viable... and should always be on any droid team...
    BB8 being on the team also makes them move super fast and have a chance to shut down the opponent before they can move...

Their success is very dependent on gear and even more importantly.... zetas!!!

They need a lot of zetas to really shine...

But they are super fun to play around with and can be very strong if you are willing to devote the resources to them (even vs the current meta teams)

They are potentially super strong in TW & GA... most people don’t know how to fight them or just can’t keep up with the speed if BB8 is on the team... I’ve had more than one opponent completely flounder vs my droids in GA...

So yeah...

Droids Rock ;)
  • Options
    I have recently started playing around with droids.

I use HK(L), zzR2, zT3, BB8 and zL337.

They dont hold up to well on defense in grand arena so far but are super fun on offense. I also was able to clear the mythic tier of Ewok event with them.

P.S. all are G10 with R2 at G12.
  • Options
    Droids are fun because of the idea of a good robot team, but they are not likely ever to be great again. The HK 88 86 Poggle Poe meta was early 2016 I think.

HK's leader ability is 50% tm on crit

Ok??? It's not that good of a leader ability when you compare it to new metas' abilities. Take Bastilla's protection and tenacity buff.

So then you're looking to good turn meter droid synergy to help it make sense. BB8 has the best imo. 7 or 8% turn meter for each droid ally at the start. That is something that matters enough to make the slower droids a bit competitive. My HK is g10 I think and only around 170 speed. To push his Meatbag Mayham to 210ish could be a game changer against a lot of opponents.

L3 would be a great tank to add. The newer players are all going to be getting L3, R2, and bb8 and maybe 88 as their droids so you are bound to see some combos of them here and there. What the 5th will be? Most likely T3M4. I don't see any reason new players would farm IG86 or HK at this point.

I think 88 and HK are the only droids with leader abilities. Then comes the most extreme idea: how about a droid team without a leader?
    I think C3PO, chopper, L3, T3, and R2 might be a pain in the **** to fight. I wonder if it could be like a timeout team.