Do you think its possible?

ARC
138 posts Member
edited March 2016
Do you think its possible for a f2p player take Rank 20 and up in arena?

Do you think its possible? 87 votes

Yes!
95%
RolfEunoeLargKelleinSongSkitskallebleeaauuhDempseyStarSonBenr3600EikasCurrytjw_tjw14Frenzytomjtveclipse12Plague_IncKAULIBrownieMofojokers1992KibBaldoAndyChrono 83 votes
Heck No
4%
SekuCasual_PlayerMeese_RancherGoaT1221 4 votes

Replies

• Options
    Yes!
    Easily spending money on this game is not necessary just gives you more options. But the best meta team are all farmable and easy to get lol the Chromium exclusive characters are meh besides liea who is still meh.
  • Options
    Yes!
    Yes. I've spent about $20 on crystals since launch. i could have easily been where I am in arena without spending a dime. although I am not totally f2p, I have landed 1st several times. Once you have a team maxxed out its just a matter of grinding your way to the top and having the time available from 5-6 to hold position.
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Easily spending money on this game is not necessary just gives you more options. But the best meta team are all farmable and easy to get lol the Chromium exclusive characters are meh besides liea who is still meh.
    Thats exactly what I was thinking.But taking 20 will take months grind
  • Options
    Yes!
    I am f2p, well i spent $50 but dont use anything i got from that money. I almost always rank top 20 and i have gotten top 5 about 6 or 8 times and number 1 twice or three times. I use Phasma (L) 6*, lumi 7*, ig86 7*, poggle 6*, and poe 5*.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    Doku is nice with this jedi meta! I use QGJ lead, Anakin, Doku, Yoda, Lumi 3 are only 6*. Anakin, Yoda, Doku. Hopefully have doku and yoda 7* soon! I am 2nd in my server!
  • Taragor
    57 posts Member
    Options
    To quote Yoda....."patience, you must learn patience".

I've spent about $200 or more on the game. Nothing (other than when Doku first came out" that I have has been any better than a F2P player. It is all about how quickly you want the "goods". Spending is more of a necessary evil if you want to level, and gear up quickly. Early on I learned that buying packs was a bit o a waste, so I spent more on buying crystals for refreshes. I would say it is all about patience. How quickly do you want to upgrade your characters. If I were patient, I wouldn't be ranked where I am but I would also not be "out" of any important character in the current meta. When I look at the top 20 on my server, all have F2P characters, but trust me, they spent to get them there this quickly.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    I've been F2P from the beginning in November and have been #1 three times this week. So *very* doable, yes.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • ReyOP
    85 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    F2p rank 8 yesterday
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Ur name is priceless
    ReyOP wrote: »
    F2p rank 8 yesterday

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I admit when I started out I was spending more, trying to get the popular players not knowing how hard it was to star them up, while I'm not opposed to throwing the game a 20 here and there I have given up on trying to get the chrome characters and focused on cantina, arena and GW purchases since these all pay out more and in cantina you get mats, credits, shards etc instead of getting 12 shards of CUP or something, when I buy its for refreshes in cantina now mainly.

Signed, Reformed whale
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    Im f2p. I was top 2 for a weeks. Now I just dont care about the game and Im finishing between top 20-5
  • Options
    KAULI wrote: »
    Im f2p. I was top 2 for a weeks. Now I just dont care about the game and Im finishing between top 20-5

If you don't care you should leave. if you post then you do care.

I have spent 0 money on game. I have a 7* phasma, Lumi, Opress, chewy, and a 6 *sidious. I stay in the top 20, I get in top 10 if I refresh crystal battles, but i'm happy in top 20. Did NOT take months. I don't have Dooku, Lando, Grevious, Cad etc.
  • Options
    Yes!
    Of course first off look at all the people on here talking about buyers remorse. Second I like to say this game isn't pay to play but rather commit to play. If you want to succeed commit to grinding for good characters and figuring out strategies for success.
  • Options
    Yes!
    I'm free to play and I unlocked Darth Vader in like a month. I just looked at how to unlock him and worked towards it every second of everyday for a month. I worked to get the easiest to unlock characters and used the crystals I got from daily rewards and logging in everyday for a month to refresh battles and energy.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    20% are the whale in our server and a lot to destroy compared to F2P run (Poe + IG88+ daka) more like RNG..
  • Options
    Yes!
    Yes. I got as high as 4 as a ftp.
  • Options
    Yes.....for now. Depending on update schedules, levels, and new toons....in the future maybe not.
  • Options
    Yes!
    Ive spent $62 and im sure my roster/gear looks no different from a f2p.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    When I saw the title to the thread I thought the question was going to be "Do you think it's possible...", followed by "to have a forum account only three days old, have created nine separate threads, and have two of them closed by mods?"

Before today, I would've said no.
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Why do you care?Worry about yourself.
  • RenanFilipe
    189 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yes!
    I get rank 1 every single day
  • Options
    Yes!
    Im F2P and Ive started to get up to the 50s and 40s in my server! Im a bit behind in terms of level (i figured i missed some of the daily missions early on) but I think once i hit 70 I should be able to get top 20