Knocked back in ships while I was in a battle

It’s never happened before but today 5 minutes before pay out I was fighting someone and was in 2nd place at the time and just wasting time to keep it in a fluff battle. When I got out with 5 seconds before pay out I was 5th.... how did he do that how does someone fight and knock you back mid battle? Is it a glitch or is he cheating?

Replies

• Options
    Maybe you got knocked back prior to that and didn’t notice it? I’ve done that before. Sucks that it was right before payout.
  • Options
    Maybe you got knocked back prior to that and didn’t notice it? I’ve done that before. Sucks that it was right before payout.
    I've had that happen once or twice when I was racing the payout clock.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There is a visual glitch. The number in the upper left will not update if you stay on the screen. You could have been knocked back to 5th before you went into battle. The only way to see, is if you notice the numbers of your opponent selection will change, but 5th or 2nd would be very similar.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    There is a visual glitch. The number in the upper left will not update if you stay on the screen. You could have been knocked back to 5th before you went into battle. The only way to see, is if you notice the numbers of your opponent selection will change, but 5th or 2nd would be very similar.

This. 2nd place should see 1st, 3rd and 4th. 5th should see 4th 3rd and 2nd. There is a good chance poster was kncoked to 5 and selected an opponent thats place was unchanged
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    It's the new OT Falcon special ability....automatically moves you up 3 places at PO
  • Options
    U have to leave the fleet arena page and go back in to see your rank update. Otherwise, u'll have to guesbased on your available opponents' ranks when u refresh the screen
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    Options
    both arenas have a refresh button...u've gotten the "your rank has changed' prompt ya?....from fifth u'll see 4, 3 or 2, and 1....u should not get that error message if you could battle that opponent from the changed rank
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    uno wrote: »
    both arenas have a refresh button...u've gotten the "your rank has changed' prompt ya?....from fifth u'll see 4, 3 or 2, and 1....u should not get that error message if you could battle that opponent from the changed rank

Exactly.

You have to hit refresh 5 min before your payout if you are trying to lock in your rank.

At 5 min you can fight someone and not do anything end in draw and get your rank.

But if you dont refresh you wont know if you are the rank you think you are.

Sounds like OP hit the scenario described and fought an elligble levels but was lower than they thought they were