Long Term Planning is difficult

I am out of the top 20 able to make it to top 10 now (was #2 yesterday, missed my chance to attack 1 by about 30seconds) My goal is primarily in the arena, because I can clear all challenges and GW everyday. I'm dropping in Arena each day more than I'd like but figure adding QGJ and/or Rey as I gear them up will help with that. with my Current Arena Team: Sid(L) Dooku Daka GS and Lumi. I know its not the scariest looking team, but so far seems to drop me the least...

I am farming QGJ in cantina shipments, and finishing off Dooku for the battles, Slow farming Rey for my 5 hard battles each day. and Resistance Pilot in GW and HK in arena because I don't know of better options. I can't really decide where to go now. Should I invest my energy and do all 9 rey hard battles each day or still just the five, focus on collecting the insane amount of purple gear to fill the 50 piece slots, or wait for the hopeful challenges that will fill them faster and gear up other people in the mean time.

Yoda seems kind of worthless thanks to crappy AI, so I have a hard time justifying going after the jedi 5 at 7*, and now the looming scoundrel event, it is a nice boost to credits and gems, but worth the huge diversion I see many agreeing that it isn't

Any and all advice is appreciated. I know there are a lot of these posts out there(a couple mine from the past), so thank you in advance.

fPDU8NL.png
V0mZrU5.png
M2jcMrX.png
rhNzYBI.png
QYAdFqd.png
d6kgroL.png

Replies

• Options
    To answer the posed questions.
    I personally believe that doing all 9 Rey hard battles is worth it, due to the rarity of her shards, her viability, and any gear you get from those runs.
    I also believe that the 50 item slots are worth working at, how much you really care about them is your choice. Consider, however that stun cuffs were not shownfor future rewards, so even if you won't touch blow dryers the cuff links are probably worth it.
  • WackCracker
    26 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thank you, might as well for rey then and, I didn't even think about the fact that cuffs weren't shown there. will give those a work for now, and possibly the blow dryers in prep for next gear level, I am just having a hard time putting so much energy towards a single thing that atleast for now makes a minimal difference. when in the course of a single day I can normally take a person to gear 7 with the same energy.... although the usefulness of that person is quite low... Thanks I think I will work towards those, atleast for my mains, so they're ready for the next level cap increase.
    My main question now is how you guys think I can make my team more imposing so I can hold my spots better.
  • Options
    Well the sky is the limit for u since your obviously a "whale". But I think doing all the Rey nodes is very smart. She is a top notch character and you wont go wrong with her. You have some fantastic characters and I am seeing a start of a good Sith team or Droid team. :)
  • WackCracker
    26 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well the sky is the limit for u since your obviously a "whale".
    actually I'm not a whale, but I appreciate the thought. Thanks to some credit and giftcards I was able to buy two vaults that I used on chromium packs prior to knowing its poor ROI, for that I consider myself at most a guppy. I am completely FTP before and since that double vault buy.
  • Options
    Thank you, might as well for rey then and, I didn't even think about the fact that cuffs weren't shown there. will give those a work for now, and possibly the blow dryers in prep for next gear level, I am just having a hard time putting so much energy towards a single thing that atleast for now makes a minimal difference. when in the course of a single day I can normally take a person to gear 7 with the same energy.... although the usefulness of that person is quite low... Thanks I think I will work towards those, atleast for my mains, so they're ready for the next level cap increase.
    My main question now is how you guys think I can make my team more imposing so I can hold my spots better.

Ok, well. You're not probably going to have an imposing not frightening team with what you have. At least, not for a while. The only "scary" teams (and keep in mind that you really only scare non whale anyway) are the high speed dps teams, things led by QGJ and featuring his best friends "Rey" and "The Chuck Norris of SWGOH (also known as geonosian super dood)". And usually their friends Royal Guard #327 and either Duke Countdu or Princess Stealths-a-lot. Or that little green dude (I think he's called Marvin the Martian or something.).

If your bench is clearing GW there is really only two real pieces of endgame advice:
    - make your arena team as geared and bleeding edge as possible (including future gear farming)
    - Work on a secondary team or two (usually thematic ones are fun).
  • Options
    thanks cookie, I appreciate the laughibility aspects you included. I was worried I wouldn't be imposing until I got QGj and Rey up. off to pre farming for the next level cap and slowly but surely starring up randos in arena a GW for future maybe teams.