Why Isn't The Falcon A Hero's Journey

Would've been pretty cool for the event to go from Lando's Falcon, needing some Bounty Hunter ships, to using the Falcon (if you have Raid Han and Chewie) to escape the Empire and then finishing up with the Episode 7 falcon. But then again, I hate ships and won't be able to participate in this event because I stopped investing in them once I could start farming Zetas. So you do you, boo boo.
#ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround

Replies

• Options
    It would have made sense to make the OT falcon a 7s unlock. Its in the end the most iconic ship of star wars. It should never have a suck mode. However i guess its a start of a maybe fleet raid era with incoming strong but difficult to obtain ships.

The only thing i cannot understand why the OT falcon got a synergy with ghost and phantom..they have nothing in common next to being rebels. It should have been biggs and wedge maybe...
  • Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    It would have made sense to make the OT falcon a 7s unlock. Its in the end the most iconic ship of star wars. It should never have a suck mode. However i guess its a start of a maybe fleet raid era with incoming strong but difficult to obtain ships.

The only thing i cannot understand why the OT falcon got a synergy with ghost and phantom..they have nothing in common next to being rebels. It should have been biggs and wedge maybe...

It has synergy with all rebel ships, not just Ghost and Phantom
  • Options

Please have a look at the screenshot from Crumb introducing OT falcon. It shows direct synergy with Ackbar, Ghost and Phantom.
  • Options
    Unless we get a raid, there's no real reason to have such an exclusive ship that's only at 7 stars. It's also important to make ships more important and accessible, so that people start to care about it.

Or not, and let us who made the effort continue to get our free daily zetas.
  • Options

Please have a look at the screenshot from Crumb introducing OT falcon. It shows direct synergy with Ackbar, Ghost and Phantom.

Those are just examples of synergy, since they are examples of rebel ships that already work great together. It even says in the screenshot they are just suggestions. Read his kit, and you will see absolutely nothing that strictly synergises with only ghost and phantom.
  • Options

That's just a picture. The synergy comes from the kit. The crit chance boost it gives synergies very well with biggs as it will let him crit and apply TL more, helping his survivability.

There's a little less synergy with wedge but buff immunity combined with falcon's dispel seems promising - a good way to neuter any auto-taunting tank like HT or Biggs
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Shantaram
    31 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Because a ship is a piece of machinery, a tool....it can't be a hero!
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get this thread at all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    His name was Robert Paulson.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

It's just rebels and if you go back and look at the kit, there are parts of the falcon kit that actually go against those ships rather than for them. They will end up being targets when stealthed due to the Falcons special.
  • Options
    Shantaram wrote: »
    Because a ship is a piece of machinery, a tool....it can't be a hero!

And yet they're still putting machinery in a game all about Heroes. But they could still tell the story/journey of the Falcon and it's impact on the Galaxy.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options
    The synergy pictures in the kit are just an idea of who you can use. Look at C3PO kit reveal. There is no Finn pictured there but yet everyone is freaking out about that synergy being too good and needing nerfed.

As far as a Hero's Journey could be neat but how out of reach do you want to put this ship. It seems a lot of people ignore and dislike ships already. One pilot is a raid reward. The other pilot is a legendary in an event everyone cries about being too hard. But now you want to make this ship a Hero's Journey that only unlocks at 7star. Ya I'm sure no one would be mad about that. We have enough post that the sky is falling.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs_vQgnVnIM
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    We already have the later version of the ship so they couldn’t continue the journey if they did this.
  • HankShank
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    It would have made sense to make the OT falcon a 7s unlock. Its in the end the most iconic ship of star wars.
    The Falcon has always been a heap of junk freighter that looks like it is going to fall apart. It was never cool. Neither was Slave One. I used to laugh at the mega-nerds who had models or toy versions of these. Both ships have guns that rotate to blow vital parts off themselves.

Now, not having Luke's X-Wing, that is a travesty.