Reflect Blaster Ability?

dtmike1
242 posts Member
How come none of the Jedi or Sith don't have a reflect blaster ability? I mean it is a big theme in the movies. Like in episode II when they are standing in a circle surrounded by droids just reflecting blaster shots back at them.

So, my basic thought is why not give all Jedi a 5% reflect ability that as a synergy would add up the more Jedi you have. Say you have two Jedi well those two have a combined shared reflect chance of 10%. All Jedi teams would have a 25% chance to reflect them blaster shots. Yet it should decrease as Jedi fall. The only exception would be a leader ability based off reflection.

Say, ROTJ Jedi Luke comes in and his leader ability maxed is 25% (or higher) reflecting blaster damage back at the enemies team. So combined with his 5% synergy for being a Jedi and running an all Jedi team. The whole team gets like 50% chance of reflecting blaster fire no matter who's fired at.

Then if Luke is killed the leader ability stays but drops the combined blaster reflection 5% for every allied Jedi that falls. So that last Jedi still has 30% reflect chance.

It's just an idea. Let me know what ya think.

M.

Replies

• Options
    I said the same thing a couple weeks ago. Jedi often deflect blaster bursts with their light sabers. Should be one of the defensive actions in the game.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    I agree. I personally am tired of loosing 3/4 of my health to all these blasters. I'd love to send a few of them back. These two and three shot characters if I could send half that damage back I'd be stoked.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    I mean I am spending a lot of time and resources leveling up Jedi just for yoda. The highest I can get is top 200. I broke into 100 once but all those folks running droid teams end up owning me. I mean come on, Jedi are better than droids right?
  • Options
    Yes that would be great feature. Would love to send FOTP some love back!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    This sort of already exists in a way with IGD's leadership. The % chance to counter has the same effect.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Yes that would be great feature. Would love to send FOTP some love back!
    Mega lmao!!!!!!!
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    :) Would be cool as H to just visualize this haha!
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just don't wanna feel like my Jedi are bringing a sword to a gun fight. I wanna feel like they are bringing a friggin light saber to a blaster party. ;)
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    This sort of already exists in a way with IGD's leadership. The % chance to counter has the same effect.

Except you take damage. This would be dodge plus counter. A really neat affect but would need to be balanced.

I like the idea though, maybe limit damage of the reflect to 50% of the original.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

Except you take damage. This would be dodge plus counter. A really neat affect but would need to be balanced.

I like the idea though, maybe limit damage of the reflect to 50% of the original.

So are you saying like 25% reflect as a max? I was thinking 50% as a max if a character had a leader ability for it... 25% as a max in general without a leader that decreases as Jedi fall off. If this makes sense? So this way full Jedi teams have 25% reflect against teams with blasters. Then if they happen to release new Jedi that have a new leader ability that could increase it to 50% tops.

Somthing else I think would be interesting is when it reflected if it would just hit a random enemy and just not the one who fired it.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Of course if you do this then Vader should be able to deflect blasters with his hand, Kylo should be able to freeze them, and Yoda should be able to catch Force Lightning. :p
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Geo soldier weapon can't be blocked! Geo soldier 1. Jedi 0.
  • Options
    Thatd be kinda an unfair feature adding it into the game now. Imagine deflecting like 5's counter only u dont even do damage
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    dtmike1 wrote: »

So are you saying like 25% reflect as a max? I was thinking 50% as a max if a character had a leader ability for it... 25% as a max in general without a leader that decreases as Jedi fall off. If this makes sense? So this way full Jedi teams have 25% reflect against teams with blasters. Then if they happen to release new Jedi that have a new leader ability that could increase it to 50% tops.

Somthing else I think would be interesting is when it reflected if it would just hit a random enemy and just not the one who fired it.

I'm not sure about the frequency. Maybe unboosted it's just the same as dodge unboosted. But what I was saying is the damage done by the counter should only be 50% of the original attack. Basicly so you can't 1 shot yourself attacking a Jedi.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Thatd be kinda an unfair feature adding it into the game now. Imagine deflecting like 5's counter only u dont even do damage

Well, counters are one thing. I don't mind taking a counter unless it's the count lol... It's the hard hitting shots some of these characters unload that make me have to keep a team of Jedi healers. I spend my second moves unloading healing abilities. I'd rather have less healers and be able to compete with the hard hitters.

• dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    dtmike1 wrote: »

I'm not sure about the frequency. Maybe unboosted it's just the same as dodge unboosted. But what I was saying is the damage done by the counter should only be 50% of the original attack. Basicly so you can't 1 shot yourself attacking a Jedi.

Oh I get ya. Yeah that would be great. Just to send back half the damage they were sending my way.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This could be General obi wans passive ability. Since he was like a god with that form, even windu commented how he was the one true master of it.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Heck a quarter would be fine. Just kind of a haha you missed me oh and how's your blaster taste lol.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    AdamW wrote: »
    This could be General obi wans passive ability. Since he was like a god with that form, even windu commented how he was the one true master of it.

You have point...