Enough Already with the Gear Challenge

Just go ahead and remove it from the game. It’s the absolute most useless section of any video game I’ve ever played. I’ve got thousands of every item I can win. You can even keep the whopping 2K in credits I might earn. Yeas I said the WHOLE 2k. Heck I’ll even give you guys 2k in credits a day if you remove it. It’s worth it just to not have something that frustrating about this game

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Keoni wrote: »
    Just go ahead and remove it from the game. It’s the absolute most useless section of any video game I’ve ever played. I’ve got thousands of every item I can win. You can even keep the whopping 2K in credits I might earn. Yeas I said the WHOLE 2k. Heck I’ll even give you guys 2k in credits a day if you remove it. It’s worth it just to not have something that frustrating about this game

You don't need carbanti or eyeball salvage?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    carbantis, syringes, laptops.....
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    So because you don’t like it, it should be removed from the game?
  • Options
    I disagree entirely. In fact, the challenges need to be slightly revamped due to the influx of characters into the game and the growing demand of gear needed for them in order to remain competitive.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    roughly 180 carbanti per week > nothing
    Removing challenges from the game seems like a silly request, you could just not do them which has the same effect.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Removing challenges from the game seems like a silly request, you could just not do them which has the same effect.

You're getting 180 a week? You get 20 attempts a week and there's no way you're averaging 9 carbantis per sim.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

You're getting 180 a week? You get 20 attempts a week and there's no way you're averaging 9 carbantis per sim.

Apparantly i've got 3 accounts, lmao.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

You get 15 attempts a week (5 attemps per day, str runs on monday, thursday, sunday) you can get max 7 and min 3 per attempt so at best 105 worst 45 so avg 75 or 1.5 carb a week which is better than nothing indeed.
  • Options
    Keoni wrote: »
    As high of a level as you must be you are not possibly getting any more than I am out of the gear challenges. It amounts to squat and It’s been that way for a long time, very long. The point being is seeing as you can’t decipher mine if theyre not going to make it worthwhile then remove it and put somyhing in game that actually is worth our time. And yes most of the time I simply don’t play it because it’s full of junk gear that we have thousands of.
    It amounts to squat?

I'm over two mil. I still need carbantis, syringes, and laptops. Three laptops, a carbanti, and a syringe every week for free ain't nothing. It's highly and immediately useful.

Only the Mace challenge is useless.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Umm he has a point...most of the gear is useless...a lot of time spent for gear that is needed, but most of it just piles up. It is a bit annoying to do this every day. And sims do save time....but it does start to seem silly. No one is actually playing this content...why do we even need to sim it? Some sort of streamlined/revamp is called for.
  • Options
    I'd rather have a new tier with gear that we need a lot of added, even if it needs G10/G11 characters to 3*. Especially if it rewards Stun Guns. Even if that was the only change made
  • Options
    I disagree entirely. In fact, the challenges need to be slightly revamped due to the influx of characters into the game and the growing demand of gear needed for them in order to remain competitive.
    Agreed with DarthNekros, Perhaps the gear challenge should rotate what gear you win so you can get gear you need and not have an excessive build up of the same gears.
  • Options
    The challenges are specifically set up for starting players so they can earn gear easier when they start. Also, why does it matter if you have so much extra? It's not like there's a limit to how much gear you can have.
  • Options
    That was well throughly out, Austin. However, that represents 2 out of 15 pieces that drop from the three challenges. That means:
    87% of the effort is a waste
    33% of the challenges are utter waste

Seems like a lot of code and time wasted on something whose return is significantly below its potential. I don’t think anyone minds the benefit from the 13% of useful drops. But there may be more streamlined ways to accomplish the same goal.

But like I said in another thread, unless CG has a fiscal reason to redeploy their designers and coders to address this, I seriously doubt it will change. They will focus their time and attention on short-term revenue generation. Gotta hit those numbers, you know. Because that’s what really matters in life.
  • Options
    Buzzsaw wrote: »
    That was well throughly out, Austin. However, that represents 2 out of 15 pieces that drop from the three challenges. That means:
    87% of the effort is a waste
    33% of the challenges are utter waste

Seems like a lot of code and time wasted on something whose return is significantly below its potential. I don’t think anyone minds the benefit from the 13% of useful drops. But there may be more streamlined ways to accomplish the same goal.

But like I said in another thread, unless CG has a fiscal reason to redeploy their designers and coders to address this, I seriously doubt it will change. They will focus their time and attention on short-term revenue generation. Gotta hit those numbers, you know. Because that’s what really matters in life.

That's not true, Austin has just looked at the most useful pieces. I still don't have a surplus of mk 4 laptops or mk 6 syringes at 2.5mil GP
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    You changed the conversation. But not the reality. The vast majority of drops even in your scenario are still over abundant and TAC is still not very useful as a whole.
  • Options
    Revamp to include mk5 stun gun salvage or more useful gear since there's tons not in use at all.