I'm glad we won! (star wars Theory)

Good work by lucasfilm, putting Disney in it's place! I'm glad we're showing our teeth and getting the message across! Big win for SW fans!

Replies

• Options
    Care to expand on that? I mean, Lucasfilm is owned by Disney anyway
  • Options
    Lucas film stepped in and told Disney to remove the claim on the Vader fan film
  • Options
    They claimed the guys video on the grounds of copyright because apparently he used a couple of seconds of an altered version of the "imperial March" theme song.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Title was somewhat vague but thanks OP for the explanation, this is good news. That is one heck of a fan film.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Yay!!! Good job lucasfilm! Putting bullies back where they belong!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Yay!!! Good job lucasfilm! Putting bullies back where they belong!

I'm glad this happened, but Lucasfilm is owned by Disney..... It's more likely they explained star wars fan culture to Disney and they decided a couple of hundred k wasn't worth all of the bad publicity...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Some people have thought of a conspiracy theory behind this - all a stunt for the fans to put their trust back into Lucasfilm.

Its not exactly a terrible thought, I mean this is a very precarious year - everything riding on E9, they can't have the fans upset. They need to build bridges without admitting guilt for what transpired since the release of TLJ (I don't want to go into details - you all know what I mean).
  • Options
    It isn't like the perceived issues with the last jedi are new though. Playing through KotOR the issues are just as present then as they are now, goes to show you nothing new under this sun.