The real reason they won't rework Grievous

Tbirds01
1235 posts Member
edited January 2019
Think about it.
The community is pretty much united by two words. Rework Grievous. Whether Ahnald started it or whether he's the guy who speaks of it most doesn’t matter.
The community wants it the best out of everything. And you know why CG won’t do it?
You really want to know?
Grievous holds the community together. Once they rework him, he’ll become really good for one, and the other, everyone will quit shouting for him to be reworked, this the community will no other be united under one thing (ignoring you, banned TW characters).
That’s the real reason.
It’s such a simple reason with such powerful implications.
Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    So you are saying the rework GG crowd is bigger than the rework Mace crowd?

I for one, am not part of either, but the community is a lot bigger than I
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I very rarely hear people ask for a GG rework off the forum....
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I very rarely hear people ask for a GG rework off the forum....

...anymore.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Think about it.
    The community is pretty much united by two words. Rework Grievous. Whether Ahnald started it or whether he's the guy who speaks of it most doesn’t matter.
    The community wants it the best out of everything. And you know why CG won’t do it?
    You really want to know?
    Grievous holds the community together. Once they rework him, he’ll become really good for one, and the other, everyone will quit shouting for him to be reworked, this the community will no other be united under one thing (ignoring you, banned TW characters).
    That’s the real reason.

No. The real reason is that there's no incentive for them to spend time and resources to do so.
    Everybody who wants a rework wants it because they've already invested in him. There's nothing to sell. No packs, no gear, nothing to monetize the rework. So it won't get done. Pretty simple.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options
    Think about it.
    You really want to know?
    That’s the real reason.

No. The real reason is that there's no incentive for them to spend time and resources to do so.
    Everybody who wants a rework wants it because they've already invested in him. There's nothing to sell. No packs, no gear, nothing to monetize the rework. So it won't get done. Pretty simple.

I realize that. If you reread it differently, you’ll notice I was being sarcastic throughout the whole thing.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    So the monetization should come from the additional dark side droids they should be releasing as marques at the same times as a GG rework.

The Rework should make GG a great DARK SIDE droid leader. Otherwise everyone will just put T3M4, BB8, R2 and C3P0 on his team. (Honestly those 4 droids outperform expectations under an HK lead currently, I'm not sure why its not meta).

They should rework him so his leadership is a massive buff for dark side droids specifically, then release the Destroyer Droid, & FO version of BB8. So he has more DS droids that are necessary to make a solid arena team. Such as GG, Destroyer, FO BB8, B2 and IG 100 (who also needs a rework).

Revan is great and all, but Bindo, GMY, Ezra, Bastilla, or Hermit Yoda (the other newer and/or reworked Jedi) are needed on that team to be viable. If Revan teams consisted of QGJ, Mace, JKA, and Ashoka they would be much easier to deal with.
  • Options
    Reworks sound like easy money to me. All the hard work is already done. Improve the abilities a bit and done. People always seem to assume that the only players that want a GG rework are the ones that already have him. However, there could be many players that want GG but haven’t bothered because he sucks.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    As with most conspiracy theories I'd suggest yours, @Tbirds01 , grants the alleged conspirators far more competence and professionalism than they actually have.

I'd suggest the more likely reason that there hasn't been a GG rework yet is because there hasn't been a CG rework yet. I'm sure, one day, there will be a GG rework. The developers, like all of us, have a scarcity of time and resources - they have to focus on particularl things. GG has not been one of them yet. But probably will be...when it is decided to be.

That's it.

(For the record I am not one of the community "united" by a desire for a GG rework. I couldn't care less. He's a silly character from a silly film.)

Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Think about it.
    You really want to know?
    That’s the real reason.

I dont get while people still say this, we have seen a number of reworks to make toons great and even a complete meta shift..... but sure they wont do it.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Think about it.
    You really want to know?
    That’s the real reason.

I dont get while people still say this, we have seen a number of reworks to make toons great and even a complete meta shift..... but sure they wont do it.

Are you saying that they can monetize reworks, or that they’ve reworked toons without monetizing them? If it’s the former I agree, the latter I disagree. They almost always make money off reworks by pairing them with something else. For example, Yoda got a rework and became meta paired with the release of several new Jedi.

I guarantee you a Grievous rework comes at some point. And you can be sure that it will come as a package with something else. Maybe new separatist marquees that have good synergy with Grievous. Maybe a new Grievous ship. Maybe requiring separatist as a faction for a legendary event.
  • Options
    Personally I want a rework of CUP first
  • Options
    I love the reworked Anakin :#

Serious note though, all they have to do is rework GG and come out with more Separatists to buy and his ship. Issue solved.

Now give us a truely powerful Anakin or better yet a newly annointed Darth Vader before his fight with Obi Wan.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Think about it.
    You really want to know?
    That’s the real reason.

Eh, I'd like to see him not suck and I only have him at four stars, level 1. It just seems like a shame for a character that's so hard to get to be so completely lackluster. Plus having more than one worthwhile Droid leader in the game would be neat.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't care about a GG rework but the character DOES suck in this game and is difficult to obtain and his kit feels lackluster given his accomplishments / presence in the series. He doesn't have to be meta or anything but good at least or usable in other game modes

They said they would do GG rework with a separatist faction and reworking a faction takes a lot of time and effort, they redid the BH faction last year. I'm more interested in separatist in the game (Dooku) and focus on the prequel era.

I think GG rework can be monetize and strengthened by releasing support droids such as Droideka's who I think are very cool design wise and they could have a very fun kit.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    ...the character DOES suck in this game and is difficult to obtain...

The perfect combo then :smile: