Suggestion for Bastila Shan and GMY

Before I begin, I just want to say I don't have that much against either of the said toons. However, 200% protection for the entire battle, along with the rally combination with GMY... it's a little ridiculously overpowered at times. Just a few minimal changes could balance this out. Changes are in bold.

Bastila with her leader ability:

At the start of the battle, Jedi allies gain 15% turn meter and Protection Up (200%, can't be dispelled) for 3 turns, and Jedi tank allies gain taunt for 1 turn. While Jedi allies have Protection Up, they have 150% Tenacity and deal 35% more damage.

The extra protection just gets annoying after a while. If it lasted for a more limited time, it would still allow the extra survivability in arena without every Jedi being a brick wall.

GMY with battle meditation:

Yoda gain Tenacity Up, Protection Up, (30%), and foresight for 2 turns, then grants each ally up to 3 non-unique buffs he has (excluding stealth and taunt). Yoda grants himself 35% turn meter and an additional 10% turn meter for each other living Jedi ally.

The buff spreading isn't a bad system, but it gets ridiculous combined with Bastila's rally. Limiting the buff spreading a bit would keep Jedi allies powerful, but not to the point where the entire screen is covered in green squares.

I think this is a fair suggestion, but let me know if there's anything else I should change.

Replies

• Options
    Lol Bastila and GMY work fine. They don’t need to be nerfed.
  • Options

I agree, they aren’t a big issue. The changes I suggested are minimal but I feel like they would balance arena a bit more and still maintain their usefulness.
  • Options

I agree, they aren’t a big issue. The changes I suggested are minimal but I feel like they would balance arena a bit more and still maintain their usefulness.

If they’re not a big issue, why do you want to nerf them? The changes are pretty big. Yoda can take 3 turns almost back to back. Before the enemy team has even gone, Yoda has no protection up. And the whole point of his special ability is that he gives his team buffs. Limiting the amount of buffs to 3 is a terrible idea, since Jedi rely on as many buffs as they can get. With these changes, Bastila would have a very difficult and maybe impossible time beating any Traya, Palpatine, Talzin, Revan, Qi’ra, Jango, Bossk, KRU, RJT, or CLS lead team, as she already struggles against some of them.
  • Options
    I agree that they are annoying to fight, but if they start with theses 'Minor' changes, it won't be long till they're nerfing toons left, right, and centre
  • Options

If they’re not a big issue, why do you want to nerf them? The changes are pretty big. Yoda can take 3 turns almost back to back. Before the enemy team has even gone, Yoda has no protection up. And the whole point of his special ability is that he gives his team buffs. Limiting the amount of buffs to 3 is a terrible idea, since Jedi rely on as many buffs as they can get. With these changes, Bastila would have a very difficult and maybe impossible time beating any Traya, Palpatine, Talzin, Revan, Qi’ra, Jango, Bossk, KRU, RJT, or CLS lead team, as she already struggles against some of them.

Good point. I see what the issue is now. I’m not saying they need to be changed or anything, just thought I’d share