Time for fleet only GA based on total GP

Seems like the fair thing to do since thats how the toon GA runs .

Replies

• Options
    You're not losing because you have good ships.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    While I see your point. I disagree, . . Not enough ships and capital ships to make that feasible.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    You're not losing because you have good ships.

Lol i never said i was " losing" what makes ya think that ?
    On avg missing out on over 350k gp due to my ship lvs can be a little bit of challenge and just thought it would be nice if the set up went both ways .
    Unsure what battles your losing YaeVizsla id hate to guess but thanks for your feedback .
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    They already calculate separate GPs for characters and ships. Them matching based on total GP and only letting you use characters is called lazy game design. Takes the smallest amount of effort to switch the match making value to be the character GP when it’s a character only GA. Pretty sad state of affairs they just ignore this or don’t even care.
  • Options
    The big imbalance I see is only partially the ships. If you tend to throw all your extra gear on characters and try to open all characters you are in for a world of hurt. Every upgrade or added gear pushes you into a higher bracket even if the characters literally can’t help win. You can at least take mods off useless characters but otherwise every upgrade could be a liability. I keep fighting rosters were over 100 characters have no gear and I’m getting a little sick of it. Make some sort of bracket system so the whales can climb to the top and slug it out and leave the “collectors” alone until we can at least get some more top level teams set up. Pure GP should at most be a starting point, don’t use it as a permanent bracket. (Unless you want to let us take gear and upgrades back off)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    once ea/cg decide to exclude ship GP from matchmaking if there are no fleet territories players will start complaining that they've got a whole bunch of extra character GP from high gear pilots that are semi worthless in squad battles.
    I do however agree that it's silly to include ship GP for matchmaking in a GA without fleet.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    once ea/cg decide to exclude ship GP from matchmaking if there are no fleet territories players will start complaining that they've got a whole bunch of extra character GP from high gear pilots that are semi worthless in squad battles.
    Why wait I’m already complaining about. LOL. It is just a double whammy when you add in ships....quite a few of the ships are possibly useless to....should I literally wait on upgrading everything until I have a specific use for it? And when I do I “get” to move up the GP bracket?
  • Options
    This needs to happen. My opponent had 150k higher GP in chars than me and I was toasted
  • OldSchoolKiwi
    34 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I do however agree that it's silly to include ship GP for matchmaking in a GA without fleet.

Thanks for your view .
    Ppl that have the advantage with this system will complain just like capital gains tax ;)
    Silly is a good word for it . The logic is a mind bender and i keep asking myself why ? .. who runs this show ? who signed this off as ready ..
  • Options

Voltarc wrote: »
    The big imbalance I see is only partially the ships. If you tend to throw all your extra gear on characters and try to open all characters you are in for a world of hurt. Every upgrade or added gear pushes you into a higher bracket even if the characters literally can’t help win. You can at least take mods off useless characters but otherwise every upgrade could be a liability. I keep fighting rosters were over 100 characters have no gear and I’m getting a little sick of it. Make some sort of bracket system so the whales can climb to the top and slug it out and leave the “collectors” alone until we can at least get some more top level teams set up. Pure GP should at most be a starting point, don’t use it as a permanent bracket. (Unless you want to let us take gear and upgrades back off)

It also hurts long-time f2p players who are facing newer dolphins/whales at the same GP for the same reason - that is, older players have characters geared up that are no longer as useful or had gear/leveled toons for events that don't even exist anymore (or raids that have found better teams than were originally theorycrafted). Most newer players build up Phoenix - and never had to run old Jedi teams (Lumi!) or HK47-lead jawa/droid teams. Many new players didn't bother with "old" Rebels, since power creep made newer ones better. Newer players don't have many geared "old meta" toons (STHan, B2, Royal Guard, Sid, or even Uggy/Jawas for HAAT...lol).

My point is simply that older players have more "bloat", whereas newer players with similar GP have more focused rosters, since they benefit from power creep.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    HK47-lead jawa/droid is actually really useful for GA, particularly on defense, because they're a legitimately solid comp, and most people don't remember how to deal with them. They're not going to be the unbreakable wall, but most people are going to lowball that lineup and get surprised when it doesn't go well for them.

Old metas are useful, though not Lumi old. And B2 is an extremely useful toon to have in your back pocket. Never really found a good home, but still that TM gain mechanic with an AoE dispel/buff block is great against so many lineups.
    Still not a he.