Ships: Favorite and Best Pairings

DAnnihilate
24 posts Member
edited March 2020
SWGOH Heroes, ships are fun and fairer than the Arena I must say. However, ships' challenges and missions are a lot tougher. Which ship is your favorite and the best combination for Dark/Light side? Let's not forget about Capital ships. Sound off here...
Post edited by DAnnihilate on

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I haven't liked ships since Mace timeout fleets became a thing. Not liking the Rebel vs Rebel meta either which is very reliant on RNG (Falcon assisting)

I'm enjoying squad arena, however

Favorite ship is TIE Silencer with honorable mentions to Anakin's starfighter, and Kylo's command shuttle
  • Options
    Tarkin, Vader, Sith Fighter, Sith Bomber to start. Scimitar or Slave 1 off the bench first depending on the situation. It gets me in top 50 in arena and isn’t considered meta which makes me happy. I love me some Sith. Vader and Bomber are my two faves.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I haven't liked ships since Mace timeout fleets became a thing. Not liking the Rebel vs Rebel meta either which is very reliant on RNG (Falcon assisting)

I'm enjoying squad arena, however

Favorite ship is TIE Silencer with honorable mentions to Anakin's starfighter, and Kylo's command shuttle

I like the Tie Silencer too, my first 7-star ship in fact. My fave is the Tie Advanced.
  • Options
    SWGOH Heroes, ships are fun and fairer than the Arena I must say. However, ships' challenges and missions are a lot tougher. Which ship is your favorite and the best combination for Dark/Light side? Let's not forget about Capital ships. Sound off here...

SWGOH should revamp or remove ships from the game, it's getting too repetitive and nowhere...
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Silencer + Kylo's shuttle is amazing if you can get them behind a tank. Just keep feeding turns and Advantage to the Silencer and blasting fools for 100k+. Really looking forward to trying it out with a maxed Finalizer.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Geo Spy + Vultures
    Nothing more satisfying than using Spys swarm attack with all those 4-5 overcharged Vultures.
    Then maybe Silencer and Shuttle
    Then Anakin
    Then several other ships
    Then anything that comes in the future
    Then HT
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Silencer + Kylo's shuttle is amazing if you can get them behind a tank. Just keep feeding turns and Advantage to the Silencer and blasting fools for 100k+. Really looking forward to trying it out with a maxed Finalizer.

Besides HT or hyena, which tank would be best?

I mean, right now it's pretty much just HT. Hyena won't be nearly as effective in a non-Separatist fleet as it is under Malelvolence. I guess you could try the Extinction Bomber, but then you need to put more Sith in the fleet to make it work and it's not really a First Order fleet anymore.

I've tried going for the early kill with a full FO starting fleet (Silencer/KRCS/FOSF TIE) to take advantage of Finalizer's initial speed boost, but it doesn't really work with a 6* Finalizer commanded by a 6*, G11 Hux. Hoping it works with a stronger capital, it would be fun to just nuke a key ship early and press the advantage without leaning on a tank.

Alternatively, just giving us an FO tank ship would be cool as well. Ditto Resistance.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Do not care for ships.Don't like it. It insists upon itself
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    Tarkin, Vader, Sith Fighter, Sith Bomber to start. Scimitar or Slave 1 off the bench first depending on the situation. It gets me in top 50 in arena and isn’t considered meta which makes me happy. I love me some Sith. Vader and Bomber are my two faves.
    I like what this guy’s saying, I always did want to make a sith team but mine just aren’t strong enough. Favorite non-sith ship is Ghost!

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »

No EP's shuttle in there? Seems like it'd be a better reinforcement than Slave 1.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Squish 1 is a terrible reinforcement.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I enjoy ships. It's a different game. I'd like more ships brought into GAC