Which home one goes first wins.

Remember the lousy days of sthan and poe, where rng dictates who goes first wins?

Pepperidge farmer remembers...

Replies

• Options
    Going first doesn’t automatically mean you win.
  • Options
    For me it’s about using the Home One’s triple attack to kill their 3rd ship (usually ghost). From there I reinforce with Geo spy which puts up a taunt on their Falcon. From there it could probably be auto.

Before I started doing that my home one would go first... and lose half the time... so it depends more on your roster than just Home one going first.
  • Options
    For me it’s about using the Home One’s triple attack to kill their 3rd ship (usually ghost). From there I reinforce with Geo spy which puts up a taunt on their Falcon. From there it could probably be auto.

Before I started doing that my home one would go first... and lose half the time... so it depends more on your roster than just Home one going first.

i assume you do all that whilst enemy HT is taunting...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

This strategy still depends on your Home One going first, doesn't it? If the enemy reinforces before you, your GSpy has 50% chance to place the second taunt on their reinforcement and not the Falcon.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I rarely go first on my shard, and I win no problem.

To guarantee that you hit HMF with the taunt, don't you need to go first?
  • Options
    I was a little behind the rest of my shard and just got Ackbar to G12. I was still able to win against faster Ackbars - the key is to use Cassian to dispel everyone on your first reinforcement, then use his called assist on your own Falcon against theirs. Once their Falcon is down, it's relatively trivial to eliminate the rest of their ships. Just make sure no one on your team has Breach (Home One's cleanse is good for that).

Geo Spy reinforce is good, but you run the chance of not forcing the Falcon to taunt (like has been mentioned).
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

While true, with the HanFalcon in a full rebel team under Home One, the insane assist frenzy from using H1's AOE makes it very likely to score a kill against anything that isn't a tank, even from full health. Losing a ship that early makes it way harder to win.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Home one with HanFalcon, Ghost, Biggs. Reinforce max Phanton, Cassian Uwing, Wedge, and HT if u lose Biggs too fast. This works best against hold outs using HT as their starter but really once u get the hang of it, works well against any team.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

While true, with the HanFalcon in a full rebel team under Home One, the insane assist frenzy from using H1's AOE makes it very likely to score a kill against anything that isn't a tank, even from full health. Losing a ship that early makes it way harder to win.

Thank you. Some people just feel the need to argue. You can still win but the odds are stacked against you once you've lost a starting ship within the first round.
  • Options
    ctyc123 wrote: »

Thank you. Some people just feel the need to argue. You can still win but the odds are stacked against you once you've lost a starting ship within the first round.

So... did you just post to get your opinion validated? People are going to argue if they feel differently, or give advice if it sounds like you're struggling. Which it does.
  • Options

Lose a ship first round lots, and still win, so, your opinion is just that, first move is not the deciding factor sorry bout that laddie
  • Options

Then run double tank with your Falcon. Or run Bistan, who will inflict a TL and thus get your Biggs taunting before H1 can go. There are a multitude of ways to deal with it.
  • Options
    Who do you guys attack first?