Have Zetas on Older Characters cost less

Count Dooku have his zeta only cost 10 not 20. Do this for all the older characters. This will help new players who start the game out. Will also help older neglected characters.

Replies

• Options
    This would cause an incredible uproar from all the people that zeta'd them for 20 mats. And how do you decide what the cutoff is for an "older character?"
  • Options
    I already have QuiGon Zeta. Some new guy wants this zeta for 10, or what ever the cost is. I don't care.
  • Options
    How about uproar from when they cut mod upgrading costs in half. Those of us who actually gave a hoot and invested properly beforehand spent countless millions more on upgrading mods.

There are plenty of arguments of "but in my day", and they all don't hold water.

Older zetas are arguably worse strategically too, as abilities have become far more complex and synergistic with other faction members.

It makes sense. Or simply, adjust the amount of Zetas based on the overall cost of the Zeta itself:

10 Omega, 20 purple, 14 Zeta
    13 Omega, 30 purple, 17 Zeta
    16 Omega, 40 purple, 20 Zeta
  • Options
    Yeah - but some of them are so bad/useless I'm not sure new players would do it even for 10. (Outside of them being 'tourist traps' for the poor guys) I zeta'd phasma - way back when - probably one of the worst zeta decisions I made. But if you're doing FO now - why would you ever spend on her lead when you could/should save up for KRU.

Really, I'd like to see some of the worst Zeta's get a little love rather changing costs (which would also cause all kinds of issues).
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yeah - but some of them are so bad/useless I'm not sure new players would do it even for 10. (Outside of them being 'tourist traps' for the poor guys) I zeta'd phasma - way back when - probably one of the worst zeta decisions I made. But if you're doing FO now - why would you ever spend on her lead when you could/should save up for KRU.

Really, I'd like to see some of the worst Zeta's get a little love rather changing costs (which would also cause all kinds of issues).

Phasma Zeta gives you 2 FOrder GA teams 😂
    1. zPhasma, FOO, FOTP
    2. zKRU,zKylo, FOX

Beyond that I’m struggling......
  • Options

Maybe so right now. But if you can muster a second full-fo-team sometime, it will be great!
  • Options
    This would cause an incredible uproar from all the people that zeta'd them for 20 mats. And how do you decide what the cutoff is for an "older character?"

As if the devs ever care about uproars
  • Options
    StormTooper is the worst Zeta in the game. That one should cost 3 Zeta.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

Phasma Zeta gives you 2 FOrder GA teams 😂
    1. zPhasma, FOO, FOTP
    2. zKRU,zKylo, FOX

Beyond that I’m struggling......

Add TW ban hammer on kru... then use zphasma.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I'm interested... not gonna lie
  • Options

Clone wars chewbacca.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Hantal86 wrote: »

Clone wars chewbacca.

Pao
  • Options
    Buddy wrote: »
    Hantal86 wrote: »

Clone wars chewbacca.

Pao

Bodhi.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If it's not worth it dont buy it. They wont change the price, the may do a rework, or bring in a new toon that will add great synergies.
  • Options
    Or, Rework old Zetas, to make them more worth the cost.
  • Options
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    This is gonna cause a lot of issues. IF they were to do this price reduction thing, they would need to refund me for example at least 30 or 40 zeta materials instantly. They wouldn't do that. Instead, we just need to get updates for the much needed Galactic Republic and Separatists.
    They wouldn't need to refund you anything.

They'd just need to change the price.

Your benefit from the price difference is your use of the zeta in the period between your purchasing it and the cost being reduced.

People didn't get a refund on mods when the mod upgrade cost dropped.
    Still not a he.
  • ArthurDent
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Most people seem to understand this, but for those who don't (not responding to anyone specific) -- if you bought a new car for $15K two years ago and it's not worth $15K today, it shouldn't be a surprise and nobody owes anybody anything.

The OP's idea seems fine, I'm pretty disinterested but would weakly support it. It would be rare for me to consider an old zeta even at a discount instead of saving for the next thing. Actually, it'd be interesting to have a secondary market to buy zeta'd abilities from another player, and see where the economy balances out. Not that I think that would be a great use of dev time.
  • Options
    If there was a discount, I might invest in some older zetas which would probably improve my QOL in certain aspects like say TB.

So that doesn't seem too likely to happen lol.
  • Options
    I think it'd be easier/more profitable for them to make new characters that synergies with old zetas. Using some of the examples here;
    Dooku already has some limited use with Traya and the protection regen helps the self heal on top of Traya's, and with a reworked separatist faction/leader for him it can help a normally squishy stay alive

Rework/add Clone Wars era Jedi, use Revan as the A team but a zeta Qui-Gon as a second/backup squad

Phasma already has some use in a 3v3 after KRU but if we could get some additional FO she could pick up the scraps and make use of stuff like FOTP's double tap

Stormtrooper I will admit is an example a bad zeta as it just doesn't fit the character

Pao's is good the problem is his specials are so lackluster that there isn't any reason to spam them

Bohdi's I'll concede as his would require a whole unqiue rework