How should a F2P spent their crystals?

Prev1
Zxcas
96 posts Member
edited March 2016
If a F2P already have a good arena team (normally finished top 10 and sometimes rank 1) and GW team (able to finish GW everyday) and have extra crystals to spend even after using 1 refresh in cartina and 2 in LS/DS everyday, what should they do with the crystals?

Edited: refresh nodes = refresh the 3 battles in LS/DS hard nodes for another 3 tries

How should a F2P spent their crystals? 66 votes

Buy chrom packs to speed up those hard farms (ewok elder, RG, unlock rey, etc)
10%
ShewskiFoojAlgrenCaptainarlexCoimba96BastilaDhanCassidyT 7 votes
Refresh nodes everyday for those hard farms
45%
ZarAziscubaBuddhabonealiaeEikasCurryZekexRingAzraelrulezpapnworsSzecsaStevesaint74InternetSwagDarthCranxAnnastraszatheVisnorarestentJotakaiCoolhand_LukeCookieCrisppsurfeur14 30 votes
Save them till lvl cap increase and increase the number of refreshes in cartina & LS/DS to lvl fast
24%
RolfwalkyourpathJediwannabeAl_TizHershBathensInggoldTrevoriamabitkhZakharyZemynBibislavOpreichChewieforlifeBrockenbushNightBaristaCaius 16 votes
None of the above
19%
StarSonElinadRobbathehuttRolingachuNikoms565CPMPFranckMcBeckerStarjumperQleakAchillesLuke6108Big_BossTroutFett189 13 votes
Post edited by Zxcas on

Replies

• Options
    refresh nodes ...thats all you need.
    i did the same, started 8 or 9 days ago - just with refreshing and the right chars leveling up-- arena top 20, gw clear without real problems... and im just at the beginning;)
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Nice, you must have done your homework well.
    I know the probability is low but it is just so tempting to try unlock rey in a chrom mega pack which means you would get a 7*rey one whole month earlier!
  • Lamb
    300 posts Member
    Options
    Bad idea
  • Options
    i did the same, started 8 or 9 days ago - just with refreshing and the right chars leveling up-- arena top 20, gw clear without real problems... and im just at the beginning;)

I think you confused this with refreshing energy. Refreshing hard nodes for a f2p is not the way to go in the beginning. Refresh regular energy twice (50,50) and cantina energy once or twice when you have the steady crystal income.
    You don't immediatly need Rey just slow farm her. There are better heroes who are easier to farm (Gs, QGJ, lumi etc).
  • Options

I think you confused this with refreshing energy. Refreshing hard nodes for a f2p is not the way to go in the beginning. Refresh regular energy twice (50,50) and cantina energy once or twice when you have the steady crystal income.
    You don't immediatly need Rey just slow farm her. There are better heroes who are easier to farm (Gs, QGJ, lumi etc).

yeah, sry, thats what i meant (energy..).
    my fault.

• Options

yeah, sry, thats what i meant (energy..).
    my fault.

edit: and like you say, gs, lumi and qhj are easy to get and much more important, easy to lvl up - ah, and dont forget to lvl up jc!!.)

• Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options

You have a point, people might mistake refreshing nodes with refreshing energy. Better make it clearer.
    And yes, @SethVentris unless you are always first in arena, are certain that you will stay that way and have extra crystal after energy refreshes only then you can consider nodes refresh
  • Options
    ..sry doublepost.
  • Options
    ...sry;)

• Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options
    ...sry;)

No worries, I should have made it clearer.
    Anw, welcome to SWGOH and the forums!
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Refresh energy, farm gear! Farm Dooku, get Lumi, Sid. Work on JC, chewy, Talia, (yes, farm in Catina and LS/DS, 4 to 5 stars are enough) until Sid and Lumi unlocked. Get Phasma. Gear gear gear by doing energy refreshes as possible. Consider refreshing Catina energy twice (always once) w/o sacrificing 2 refreshes for DS/LS gear farming. Get old Daka. Gear gear gear. Farm GS. As you are leveling up you'll earn lots of bonus energy so refreshes will come. Consider buying 1 and only 1 each of the chromium packs when they are attainable, (I am max and still have middle one to buy) Fist pull I believe guarantees a character. If they are exclusive don't bother with them. Big one will give you 4 to 5 characters first pull, after that only 1 and if have it you get 7 or more shards, so not worth it.

That will set you up until mid game when Lumi and Sid are maxed gear and level.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Come on, its about fun, the rush of opening a pack and seeing what you got is loads better than just steadily plodding along doing the same things everyday. F2P, win gw everyday without a hiccup (barring the occasional day which does require some thought, finished one last week with only 1 almost dead char left out of my 37), and top 10 arena consistently, 1st was regular but my shard seems to have filled with people with more money than sense who constantly fight for the top regardless of their pay out time. I couldn't compete regardless of team, id need a few more attacks than f2p can afford.

Being able to open a pack every day or two is what i aim towards in this game, otherwise what are you aiming for? Just to hopefully get a shard or two a day for the same char, yeah after a year you might finally get it 7*...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    None of the above

This.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    If you're gonna spend less than $1700 on this game buying a chromium is akin to very very bad gambling.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This.

Already doing the refreshes everyday. He is talking about the new f2p guy, I'm talking about a f2p who is normally top 10 and can rank 1 in arena if he snipe successfully and have 8k of crystals at the moment
  • Options
    Save them till lvl cap increase and increase the number of refreshes in cartina & LS/DS to lvl fast
    I am saving up crystals. I am ftp and have 6500 crystals now. I spend 200 per day on refreshes and bank the rest. I plan on spending 3000 when level cap increases to get more exp to stay near top of the curve. The other crystals are for emergency response to meta changes. If needed i could somewhat quickly farm a needed toon for a new meta.
  • Options
    buy sim tickets from the shipments
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    If you're gonna spend less than $1700 on this game buying a chromium is akin to very very bad gambling.

Yes, but gambling with free money. Its like gambling but free :,) I've got some good stuff myself, 4* lando is cool, 24 leia shards...

Consider this, I have a max droid team, i don't need anyone in particular now, I'm just seeing who i can get, and if i get someone cool and want to make a team around them ill farm them. But when you have a primary team that gets 1st in arena occasionally, and a great second team (5 6* jedi) and don't really have anyone else you REALLY want (i am casually farming elder), I think cards are more fun and likely to give me something most f2p don't have. If you've no clear direction to move in, packs are more fun.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Algren wrote: »

Yes, but gambling with free money. Its like gambling but free :,) I've got some good stuff myself, 4* lando is cool, 24 leia shards...

Consider this, I have a max droid team, i don't need anyone in particular now, I'm just seeing who i can get, and if i get someone cool and want to make a team around them ill farm them. But when you have a primary team that gets 1st in arena occasionally, and a great second team (5 6* jedi) and don't really have anyone else you REALLY want (i am casually farming elder), I think cards are more fun and likely to give me something most f2p don't have. If you've no clear direction to move in, packs are more fun.

I don't think as a new player you got to #1 in arena by buying chromium packs.
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options

You are joking right? I have 1k sim tickets at the moment don't need anymore
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Doga wrote: »

No i did not touch the things! They're gonna get you nowhere as a new player. But OP states if you are f2p with good gw and arena teams already.
  • Options
    Nodes bro. That's it
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options

This poll is not in the context of a new player! -.- Let me edit the poll description again
  • Options
    None of the above
    Buy shard shipment as even low amount of shards are selected as desired without random dissappointment.
  • Robdd
    111 posts Member
    Options
    At one time I had around 2000 crystals I'm ftp then realized I could refresh. Refresh 100 cantina every day minimum of 1 or 2 for energy. Occassionally I will do 2 cantinas but that second one is 200. I caught up pretty quick once I realized error in past.
    I have 1400-1500 crystals now.
    I can see the temptation of an 8 pack but have stayed away.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    None of the above
    I use them for shipments (2 or 3 Shards for 100 or 150 Crystals), if its a char, i really want (to farm) but not being able (or just at low rate, for example 1 or 2 hard nodes only) AND sometimes to refill energy (but i almost never reset hard nodes to get 3 more tries) for cantina (shard farming) or regular missions (shard or material farming).
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Zxcas wrote: »

This poll is not in the context of a new player! -.- Let me edit the poll description again

My bad, in that case do buy one of each! After that, meh. I have Leia, tarkin, maul, urorrur'r'r, JKG, IG 100, FOTP, kit and Ayla which I will never use but did get some Dooku, QGJ, and GS shards. Again, the first one of each I think is worth it, after that for me at least it was disappointment as I could have spend 1/4 to crystals for the same result farming.
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Buy shard shipment as even low amount of shards are selected as desired without random dissappointment.

Shard shipments are 50 crystal for 1 shard which is the same as a refresh for hard nodes' avg rate. I think it's better to refresh hard nodes for a chance at better than avg rate?
    Also, if lvl isn't capped refresh for hard nodes give you exp. Hence I didn't add that option
  • Options
    i'm FTP and started in early january....i save up all my ally points and crystals and don't do any refreshes at all (i do this on purpose as i want this game to last a while for me)

I then open up all my ally card packs and at least 1 8-pack at the end of each month....gives me something to look forward to

i'm currently at lvl 66, top 150 arena rank and finish my gwars daily.....so far so good
  • Options
    Zxcas wrote: »

You are joking right? I have 1k sim tickets at the moment don't need anymore
    How u get to 1k tickets?

You buying energy refresh in bulk?
    Each refresh only gets to 20.

Please share your secret.