Stunning Nest: good or bad

I wonder why I keep seeing around the phrase "Do not stun Nest"? As far as I can see (and as far as my experience tells me) stunning nest can only be good since it won't stop her from countering and messing my team. What is totally detrimental is to reduce Nest's turn meter, but it has nothing to do with the stun.

Replies

• Options
    Lossberg wrote: »
    I wonder why I keep seeing around the phrase "Do not stun Nest"? As far as I can see (and as far as my experience tells me) stunning nest can only be good since it won't stop her from countering and messing my team. What is totally detrimental is to reduce Nest's turn meter, but it has nothing to do with the stun.

Stunning her is not horrible - in fact, as you said, it might be good, as long as you let her move later and drop the bonus protection. The reason many people don't like to stun her is that they have TM reduction teams that can stun (CLS/Raid Han, etc.). At some point in the battle, you WANT Nest to go - then hit her VERY hard...then let her go again, etc.

Stunning her isn't "bad", as long as you do it at the right time and with a plan to let her move.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Stun/Daze good. Fracture/Stagger/TM drain - bad.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Krjstoff
    634 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Stuns are undeniably good against Nest, as it does two very important things:

1) Taking away her ability to counter and hence self heal between turns.
    2) Rob her of her next turn giving you a chance to hit her an extra time to take her out (or stun again).

There is absolutely NO argument against stunning her.

Just don't use TM manipulation and no fracture! You want her TM to progress as quickly as possible.

The combination of the above mentioned things are the reason people mod her with as little speed and much tenacity as possible.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Stunning her is perfectly fine.
  • Options
    Yeah that is what I thought. But heard quite often ppl saying "Do not stun!" so I was wondering If I was missing something or not. Thank you all for confirming that I was not :)
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Zero reason not to stun. The only thing you want to avoid is TM reduction.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Stunning her is not horrible - in fact, as you said, it might be good, as long as you let her move later and drop the bonus protection. The reason many people don't like to stun her is that they have TM reduction teams that can stun (CLS/Raid Han, etc.). At some point in the battle, you WANT Nest to go - then hit her VERY hard...then let her go again, etc.

Stunning her isn't "bad", as long as you do it at the right time and with a plan to let her move.

Stunned characters still take a turn - they just can't take any actions. A stunned Nest will still lose her bonus prot at the same time the stun expires.
  • Options
    Stunning Nest is one of the ways to beat her, I am baffled as to why people would say otherwise.
  • Options
    Stunning = good
    Removing TM = bad
  • Options
    I'm not sure where that perception comes from - but a lot of newer players get the idea and defend it vigorously.

But the guys in this thread are right. Stunning Nest is a positive thing, because it prevents her from counterattacking (and thus regaining health). After her turn ends and she is no longer stunned, all her bonus protection will be gone, and you can take a chunk out of her protection or health at that point.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thrawn basic works wonders. Speed Up causes a quicker turn, which turns into ability block after her next turn, and then Thrawn can stun her with his next basic because of the AB. Rinse, repeat, and hit hard with others in between.
  • Options
    Yeah that is what I thought. But heard quite often ppl saying "Do not stun!" so I was wondering If I was missing something or not. Thank you all for confirming that I was not :)

This is often heard, because people do not understand what causes the issues. As all others stated already, stunning is good and it has no negative effect.

Some heroes stun and remove TM, best example is the basic of CLS which might cause both. He inflicts TMremoval and stun under certain circumstances and some people dont see the difference in the both events that happen simultaneously. Sometimes its even worse, some people count fracture as a "stun" while fracture is very different (and very bad on nest).
  • Options
    Absolutely stun her. She gets a turn and loses her bonus protection but doesnt actually get to use an ability. I don't see why you wouldn't.
  • Options
    As has been said, stun her WITH GUSTO. But the “don’t stun her” hue and cry is made up of folks who don’t think too much about the game. TM-control teams also use stuns to further control their opponent’s board, so those folks equate TM-manipulation and stunning as basically the same thing. This is bad, don’t do this.

It’s kind of like how in Magic you’ll get people who build Blue decks that they read online without understanding how they work, play them a little and lose a lot, then proclaim that Blue sucks.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Stunning her is particularly great if using MT as well. Stun her, build up a large stack of plague and let her die instantly, when she takes her turn.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Stunning her is particularly great if using MT as well. Stun her, build up a large stack of plague and let her die instantly, when she takes her turn.

Or use ventress lead, don't let her take a turn, and slowly kill her with MT special
  • Options
    The only time TMR works is on teams that can ignore protection. I like the NS idea.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The only time TMR works is on teams that can ignore protection. I like the NS idea.

Does Traya’s lead damage health or protection? Because just letting Nest counterattack herself to death seems like fun.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    @NicWester Traya unique goes first through the protection, like a regular attack