Drop rates

124Next

Replies

  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Casinos do the same thing to there slot machines. payout rates are dropped on weekends when they have a lot of traffic then increased on Monday so payout rates still meet regulation guidelines.

    admitedly i don't know alot about casino's, nor about the guidelines for them in the country you live.
    However, if the slot machines require a specific minimum payout rate by law, i'm willing to doubt it's legal to average said raid by having a lower rate during the weekend and a higher rate on monday. Honestly, i don't even know how that would work in theory. Wouldn't you need just as many "plays" on monday to bring the average back up to the required minimum, thus making exactly the same amount of money at the end of the week, but shafting weekend players and rewarding monday players in the process?

    It does not work like that.... in the past changing paytables from 92 to 98 or in reverse was actually a pretty tedious process.... Some owners with the enhancement of networking tech have been toying with the idea of easy paytable manipulation.... there is a debate i believe how it would fall under gaming commission regulations and is scary as your megawhale could sit down at a 99-100 video poker or 98% slot that he likes and the eye in the sky through networking could drop that paytable down to the legal minimum... (hopefully he is not a sucker and looks at paytable on the Video poker as you would be able to see the payback and they could not pull that on you....Slots is scary though.....98 to 92 is massive drop and you would not even see it.

    A lot of joints thrive on having the best paytables and payback in vegas...because it brings people in...and no matter what as long as they are playing your winning.
  • leef
    13456 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Casinos do the same thing to there slot machines. payout rates are dropped on weekends when they have a lot of traffic then increased on Monday so payout rates still meet regulation guidelines.

    admitedly i don't know alot about casino's, nor about the guidelines for them in the country you live.
    However, if the slot machines require a specific minimum payout rate by law, i'm willing to doubt it's legal to average said raid by having a lower rate during the weekend and a higher rate on monday. Honestly, i don't even know how that would work in theory. Wouldn't you need just as many "plays" on monday to bring the average back up to the required minimum, thus making exactly the same amount of money at the end of the week, but shafting weekend players and rewarding monday players in the process?

    It does not work like that.... in the past changing paytables from 92 to 98 or in reverse was actually a pretty tedious process.... Some owners with the enhancement of networking tech have been toying with the idea of easy paytable manipulation.... there is a debate i believe how it would fall under gaming commission regulations and is scary as your megawhale could sit down at a 99-100 video poker or 98% slot that he likes and the eye in the sky through networking could drop that paytable down to the legal minimum... (hopefully he is not a sucker and looks at paytable on the Video poker as you would be able to see the payback and they could not pull that on you....Slots is scary though.....98 to 92 is massive drop and you would not even see it.

    A lot of joints thrive on having the best paytables and payback in vegas...because it brings people in...and no matter what as long as they are playing your winning.

    i've no clue what you just said tbh. I was under the impression that a payout rate was how much money the machine has to payout compared to how much money was put in the machine. So if there's a minimum it doesn't really matter if it's lower on the one day because it will just pay out more the next to meet the minimum requirement.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Cal00054 wrote: »
    Prioritize. The game would be far less fun if everyone had everything maxed.

    What he said.

    Whenever I see these kind of threads, I always think of my arena and fleet shard would immediately turn g12+5 all zetas and 6star mods.
    Would that make me happy? All the top500 can beat each other at any time?
    Not at all. There is a meaningful ranking now, so you can strive and enjoy prpgress if you can get further ahead. Dont wish for free stuff for everyone.
  • I Never said it won't average out to 30% over the long haul. I was saying This week I am now 3/36 which is no where near 30%. I was claiming I felt like they lowered the drop rates on the toons needed for Revan to increase the chances of people given $$ to get them. They could easily bump the drop rate back up after Revan is over to Average it back up. Casinos do the same thing to there slot machines. payout rates are dropped on weekends when they have a lot of traffic then increased on Monday so payout rates still meet regulation guidelines. You can say all you want that I am not done because I have not put in enough days and I never said I should be done by now and like I mentioned I was prepared to pay for her pack to get shards but that is pretty much off the table unless I see another way to get the shards without spending a lot of $$$. Who knows maybe I will be proven wrong and tomorrow I will go 9/12 and bring my average for the week up to 25% I am just stating what I am seeing and how $$ hungry the game has gotten recently i don't feel like giving them the benefit of the doubt.

    Some days you get better rng than others. Just like sometime you'll get several heads in a row while flipping a coin but over a large enough sample it ends up around the droprate.

    It's just that no one complains when they do 12 sims and get 7 shards. But it's fixed the minute they do 12 sis and only get 1 or 2 shards.
  • Kokie
    1279 posts Member
    I Never said it won't average out to 30% over the long haul. I was saying This week I am now 3/36 which is no where near 30%. I was claiming I felt like they lowered the drop rates on the toons needed for Revan to increase the chances of people given $$ to get them. They could easily bump the drop rate back up after Revan is over to Average it back up. Casinos do the same thing to there slot machines. payout rates are dropped on weekends when they have a lot of traffic then increased on Monday so payout rates still meet regulation guidelines. You can say all you want that I am not done because I have not put in enough days and I never said I should be done by now and like I mentioned I was prepared to pay for her pack to get shards but that is pretty much off the table unless I see another way to get the shards without spending a lot of $$$. Who knows maybe I will be proven wrong and tomorrow I will go 9/12 and bring my average for the week up to 25% I am just stating what I am seeing and how $$ hungry the game has gotten recently i don't feel like giving them the benefit of the doubt.

    Ok absolutely not true about casinos dropping payout rates on the weekends lol....casino's have no control over changing payout percentages, that is all set by 3rd party technicians. I use to work in casino so I know
  • Kokie wrote: »

    Ok absolutely not true about casinos dropping payout rates on the weekends lol....casino's have no control over changing payout percentages, that is all set by 3rd party technicians. I use to work in casino so I know

    I know nothing about casino, but unless you worked in every country on the planet, I am pretty sure that your personnal life doesn't make what you said an absolute truth.

  • Kokie wrote: »
    I Never said it won't average out to 30% over the long haul. I was saying This week I am now 3/36 which is no where near 30%. I was claiming I felt like they lowered the drop rates on the toons needed for Revan to increase the chances of people given $$ to get them. They could easily bump the drop rate back up after Revan is over to Average it back up. Casinos do the same thing to there slot machines. payout rates are dropped on weekends when they have a lot of traffic then increased on Monday so payout rates still meet regulation guidelines. You can say all you want that I am not done because I have not put in enough days and I never said I should be done by now and like I mentioned I was prepared to pay for her pack to get shards but that is pretty much off the table unless I see another way to get the shards without spending a lot of $$$. Who knows maybe I will be proven wrong and tomorrow I will go 9/12 and bring my average for the week up to 25% I am just stating what I am seeing and how $$ hungry the game has gotten recently i don't feel like giving them the benefit of the doubt.

    Ok absolutely not true about casinos dropping payout rates on the weekends lol....casino's have no control over changing payout percentages, that is all set by 3rd party technicians. I use to work in casino so I know

    That's what they want you to think.
  • After reading a lot of valid, and interesting points made, the pattern I am seeing is:

    1. Some people are satisfied with drop rates and therefore consider it reasonable/acceptable.
    2. Some people are not satisfied with drop rates finding it unreasonable, me included.
    3. Because 'my' argument reasonable, the opposing argument is therefore unreasonable...
    4. Drop rates are calculated at... No they are more like... Actually they are... So none of us know for sure. Why this is so, is because drop rates ARE random. Someone said earlier that with full investment you can max a character out in 35 days or less. The reality is that few of us can invest everything we have into one character as there are too many that need levelling up in order to even participate in events. I have invested 160 energy into getting Shoretrooper shards the past two months: two months ago he was at 5*, today with 160 energy invested daily, he is at 5* 69/85. Reasonable? For me, absolutely not.
    5. The grind is acceptable for some while unacceptable for others (me). I have probably invested around $150 in this over the past couple of years, and that is not a small amount of money particularly when you have a family to support. In comparison to other games, that money could have unlocked everything available. Anyway, I would like to know how some people find it reasonable that spending say, $50 NOT enough to purchase a maxed out character? In reality it costs much more: for a digital character you don't actually legally own? Reasonable? Illogical, to me.
    6. Some people, happy with how things are, take the call for a check on what comes across as a very slow drop rate to be a call for a huge increase in drop rates: I never asked for 'easy' mode. I am not calling for quadruple drop rates which even then means you'll take a LONG time to max out of everything. I am asking for a minimum double drop rate as it stands because it simply means, instead of three months to max out one single character, it takes 6 weeks (for example). In the very least, why not have a once a week double drop rate day? Is that SO shocking? The point is, from 1 and 2 above, the community IS divided and DOES want the game altered to cater to both parties.
  • Kameleonic wrote: »
    After reading a lot of valid, and interesting points made, the pattern I am seeing is:

    1. Some people are satisfied with drop rates and therefore consider it reasonable/acceptable.
    2. Some people are not satisfied with drop rates finding it unreasonable, me included.
    3. Because 'my' argument reasonable, the opposing argument is therefore unreasonable...
    4. Drop rates are calculated at... No they are more like... Actually they are... So none of us know for sure. Why this is so, is because drop rates ARE random. Someone said earlier that with full investment you can max a character out in 35 days or less. The reality is that few of us can invest everything we have into one character as there are too many that need levelling up in order to even participate in events. I have invested 160 energy into getting Shoretrooper shards the past two months: two months ago he was at 5*, today with 160 energy invested daily, he is at 5* 69/85. Reasonable? For me, absolutely not.
    5. The grind is acceptable for some while unacceptable for others (me). I have probably invested around $150 in this over the past couple of years, and that is not a small amount of money particularly when you have a family to support. In comparison to other games, that money could have unlocked everything available. Anyway, I would like to know how some people find it reasonable that spending say, $50 NOT enough to purchase a maxed out character? In reality it costs much more: for a digital character you don't actually legally own? Reasonable? Illogical, to me.
    6. Some people, happy with how things are, take the call for a check on what comes across as a very slow drop rate to be a call for a huge increase in drop rates: I never asked for 'easy' mode. I am not calling for quadruple drop rates which even then means you'll take a LONG time to max out of everything. I am asking for a minimum double drop rate as it stands because it simply means, instead of three months to max out one single character, it takes 6 weeks (for example). In the very least, why not have a once a week double drop rate day? Is that SO shocking? The point is, from 1 and 2 above, the community IS divided and DOES want the game altered to cater to both parties.

    Dude honestly it's not worth beating yourself up over.
  • Its not really a secret that they change drop rates around events to encourage spending.
  • Ugnaught wrote: »
    Its not really a secret that they change drop rates around events to encourage spending.

    Nor is it a fact. So if it’s not secret, and not a fact, it must be nonsense.

  • It's not openly discussed but if you aren't aware of it you aren't paying attention. The recent, sort of, "cease and desist" to a game changer tracking drop rates is all the evidence anyone should need...
  • leef
    13456 posts Member
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    It's not openly discussed but if you aren't aware of it you aren't paying attention. The recent, sort of, "cease and desist" to a game changer tracking drop rates is all the evidence anyone should need...

    whut? which one and how did they "cease and desist"?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    It's not openly discussed but if you aren't aware of it you aren't paying attention. The recent, sort of, "cease and desist" to a game changer tracking drop rates is all the evidence anyone should need...

    whut? which one and how did they "cease and desist"?

    Not sure if they should get mentioned by name in case they get into trouble but I heard them say on one of their videos that they had been keeping a track of drop rates and were told to cease and desist.
  • leef
    13456 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    It's not openly discussed but if you aren't aware of it you aren't paying attention. The recent, sort of, "cease and desist" to a game changer tracking drop rates is all the evidence anyone should need...

    whut? which one and how did they "cease and desist"?

    Not sure if they should get mentioned by name in case they get into trouble but I heard them say on one of their videos that they had been keeping a track of drop rates and were told to cease and desist.

    If it's one of their video's i'm sure they wouldn't mind if it got mentioned elsewhere aswell.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    It's not openly discussed but if you aren't aware of it you aren't paying attention. The recent, sort of, "cease and desist" to a game changer tracking drop rates is all the evidence anyone should need...

    whut? which one and how did they "cease and desist"?

    Not sure if they should get mentioned by name in case they get into trouble but I heard them say on one of their videos that they had been keeping a track of drop rates and were told to cease and desist.

    If it's one of their video's i'm sure they wouldn't mind if it got mentioned elsewhere aswell.

    Well tbh they could well have their test account taken away again and I don't know how that might effect their income and such like, so I wouldn't want to effect anyone adversely.

    They did also say in the same video that anyone who didn't think that they would alter drop rates depending on which events were on and which shards were more in demand, was extremely naive
  • Liath
    4949 posts Member
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    5. The grind is acceptable for some while unacceptable for others (me). I have probably invested around $150 in this over the past couple of years, and that is not a small amount of money particularly when you have a family to support. In comparison to other games, that money could have unlocked everything available. Anyway, I would like to know how some people find it reasonable that spending say, $50 NOT enough to purchase a maxed out character? In reality it costs much more: for a digital character you don't actually legally own? Reasonable? Illogical, to me.

    Drop rates and value for money are completely different issues. I don’t find the price of anything in this game reasonable — that’s why I don’t spend any money on it. If you spend money in spite of not feeling that you get a reasonable value for it, well, I don’t know what to tell you.
  • Yup youre falling behind and its unfair. You should just quit playing and avoid the aggravation.
  • Unfortunately, drop rates always been an issue with this game. If you notice around the time an event comes around they get even lower. For instance, farming Old Republic and getting 1 drop a day out of a minimum 16 tries is pretty bad. Als, any time there’s an update the drop rates seem to dwindle, as well. If you bring it up there are only excuses. The ONLY way to get ahead is to drop some serious cash.
  • Yup youre falling behind and its unfair. You should just quit playing and avoid the aggravation.

    Perfect: rather than deal with player/customer issues, have them take their business elsewhere.

    If I didn't care about the game, I wouldn't be here. People don't stress unless there exists concern. By having e.g. a bit higher drop rate, I will be accepting of the logic. As it stands, the game is borderline interesting: I am running on fumes.
  • Kameleonic wrote: »
    Yup youre falling behind and its unfair. You should just quit playing and avoid the aggravation.

    Perfect: rather than deal with player/customer issues, have them take their business elsewhere.

    If I didn't care about the game, I wouldn't be here. People don't stress unless there exists concern. By having e.g. a bit higher drop rate, I will be accepting of the logic. As it stands, the game is borderline interesting: I am running on fumes.

    We will miss you.
  • Kameleonic wrote: »
    Yup youre falling behind and its unfair. You should just quit playing and avoid the aggravation.

    Perfect: rather than deal with player/customer issues, have them take their business elsewhere.

    If I didn't care about the game, I wouldn't be here. People don't stress unless there exists concern. By having e.g. a bit higher drop rate, I will be accepting of the logic. As it stands, the game is borderline interesting: I am running on fumes.

    We will miss you.

    No real argument at all then. Just being facetious.

    Thank God people like me exist to enter debate with the devs: debate that can lead to improvements. People like you serve to, what's the word... Troll - leading to thread shut down. Well done:D
  • GambrinusKluk
    216 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Drop rates suck! With this kind of drop rate you pay more in crystals for the refresh and node energy then if you just buy them outright for crystals in the shop. That's totally unacceptable imo.idiadlimyymb.png
  • leef
    13456 posts Member
    Drop rates suck! With this kind of drop rate you pay more in crystals for the refresh and node energy then if you just buy them outright for crystals in the shop. That's totally unacceptable imo.idiadlimyymb.png

    insert screenshot with 6 drops from 8 attempts making the droprate totally acceptable.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Chima
    112 posts Member
    Talking as a new player, because I'm.

    First of all, for all the people who spoke on "right choices". Is there any statistics or tutorial at the beginning of the game to guide us on the right path? Remembering that every mistake at the beginning of the game compromise months into the future. If there is any tutorial did not show up when I started. It's a game that you can download on the stores, isn't necessary you send your 3 years plan to download.

    Secondly, farm the shards of the characters is something that, yes, gives me satisfaction to complete. But equipping the character is torture. For everyone who said that it is possible to get the equipment in the raids and in the stores. For you, all equipment is available all the time? Can you choose the equipment that drops from the raid? Because for me some equipments takes more than a week to appear 5 of the 250 that I need for a single slot. And in 90% of the time, the raid does not give me the equipment I want and the amount I want.

    Third, stop saying that everyone starts together as if that puts you on the same level as all players. There are people who already start the game in a guild that does all the heroic raids, there are people who do not even know what guild exists and how it works.

    So please do not make it seem like it's "easy" to get close to a person who's been playing for 3 years, because it's not. And it's not even easy to equip a G12 character.

    I agree that we should plan what we are doing and choose what we are doing, but there are things that are not related to this, for example I need 1500 stun guns and I can buy 5 in the store every 5 days. I can spend energy with this, but it will not be effective and I must stop farming toons for a specific event and believe or not, that guys are important to be relevante in the game.

    Planning will I evolve? Of course, but there is a wall (time) between the other players that I cannot beat.

    Everyone needs the same equipment and for weeks or months my characters will remain standing at the same level of equipment. Today I have at least 7 characters that need the same things (stun guns) and even though I have an order of priority for them, they are all useless.

    It would be more accessible if all the equipment/characters (of the stores) were available all the time in all the stores and I could choose the quantity of each equipment without depending on luck to buy 5 pieces of equipment (of the 250 that I need) each week.

    Another thing, we can accumulate 144 energies, why not change that to 160 since that would give us the chance to make 8 hard battles? And why do not recharges all the energy? 120? Why you cannot give us the bonus to fill the entire energy?

    Also, gor God's sake increase the chance of dropping the gray, green, blue items. It is absurd the amount of energy needed to get 5 pieces of equipment. At least give us the chance to equip the secondary characters to the G7 without compromising the main planning.

    Honestly, it's pretty frustrating for you to see how far away you are from the others and probably when you get there it doesn't matter anymore because the things already changed.
  • Chima
    112 posts Member
    AGAIN! I'm not here asking the things for free, just give me chance to avoid the RANDOM stuff. Give me chance to equip my chars with the currency I'm saving for it instead of wait for weeks something that may never appear. Give the chance to get 7* from a character that is available all the time on the store, not wait for it like 3 months, it happed to unlock Jyn Erso on the Guild Store. Now will be more 3 months or more than this to get her 7*. What's the point to wait 6/7 months to get a chat that's not even meta? But I need her to be a pilot.
  • Drop rates suck! With this kind of drop rate you pay more in crystals for the refresh and node energy then if you just buy them outright for crystals in the shop. That's totally unacceptable imo.idiadlimyymb.png

    My drop rate for BSF stands at about 32%. I also got 4/6 this morning, which hasn't been added to the progress table below.

    rk7zbhcbtsna.jpg

    My sustained drop rate since Dec 31st, 2018 is 33.6% for all character shards (over 2,200 attempts).

    At that uniform rate, you're better farming BSF up to a (total) refresh cost of 150 crystals before its less efficient than buying from shipments; and COrdo up to 200 crystals per refresh on the same basis.

  • Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Drop rates suck! With this kind of drop rate you pay more in crystals for the refresh and node energy then if you just buy them outright for crystals in the shop. That's totally unacceptable imo.idiadlimyymb.png

    My drop rate for BSF stands at about 32%. I also got 4/6 this morning, which hasn't been added to the progress table below.

    rk7zbhcbtsna.jpg

    My sustained drop rate since Dec 31st, 2018 is 33.6% for all character shards (over 2,200 attempts).

    At that uniform rate, you're better farming BSF up to a (total) refresh cost of 150 crystals before its less efficient than buying from shipments; and COrdo up to 200 crystals per refresh on the same basis.

    Great, I'm glad you got a good drop grate on the node, most of my guild also had a great drop rate too. But I've been farming that node with 16 sims a day since it was released and have received 62 shards from that node. That about a 5% drop rate, so imo totally unacceptable.
  • Is it just me or is it getting harder to farm shards after every update?? I dont mind farming. I WAS a p2p player. But the drop rates seem to get worse and worse after every update. Its making me lose interest. Im getting sick of spending a full days energy and getting nothing. Seems kinda hopeless... I dont want to feel like paying is the only way to advance...
  • Liath
    4949 posts Member
    Is it just me or is it getting harder to farm shards after every update?? I dont mind farming. I WAS a p2p player. But the drop rates seem to get worse and worse after every update. Its making me lose interest. Im getting sick of spending a full days energy and getting nothing. Seems kinda hopeless... I dont want to feel like paying is the only way to advance...

    I haven’t experienced any change.
Sign In or Register to comment.