Nihilus’s Drain Force

Text says 50% chance to reduce cooldowns, chance doubled if unit is debuffed.

Is this chance based around a potency/tenacity check? I can’t remember. I had a enemy squad of 4, all with pain on them, and Drain Force only gave me 2 cooldown reductions. It hit and did damage all of them, nobody dodged or anything.

I ask because I remember reading some time ago that it’s a flat percentage and not a potency/tenacity check, but I also remember reading that it is a check. What’s the real verdict?

Replies

• Options

Is this chance based around a potency/tenacity check? I can’t remember. I had a enemy squad of 4, all with pain on them, and Drain Force only gave me 2 cooldown reductions. It hit and did damage all of them, nobody dodged or anything.

I ask because I remember reading some time ago that it’s a flat percentage and not a potency/tenacity check, but I also remember reading that it is a check. What’s the real verdict?

Tenacity check my friend. Just like most everything else, the percentage you’re reading is of the chance for the cooldown reduction to hit, but then still goes through a check.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Tenacity check my friend. Just like most everything else, the percentage you’re reading is of the chance for the cooldown reduction to hit, but then still goes through a check.

Dang. Thanks!
  • Options

This is completely wrong, or at least that's how the forums and reddit and my personal experience have gone so far. There is NO tenacity check on cooldown reduction on any of the abilities which feature it (drain force, mark, strategic dominance etc).

That said, this doesn't explain OP's report. Are you 100% sure that the attack hit everyone? And what was the effect on annihilate's cooldown? I think sometimes the text saying 'cooldown increased' might not show but the cooldowns have actually been drained.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options

This is completely wrong, or at least that's how the forums and reddit and my personal experience have gone so far. There is NO tenacity check on cooldown reduction on any of the abilities which feature it (drain force, mark, strategic dominance etc).

That said, this doesn't explain OP's report. Are you 100% sure that the attack hit everyone? And what was the effect on annihilate's cooldown? I think sometimes the text saying 'cooldown increased' might not show but the cooldowns have actually been drained.

Positive it hit everybody, I didn’t see the cooldown increased text, so i checked. Gave me 2 out of 4.
  • Gannon
    1637 posts Member
    Options

Um no, there's a tenacity check on this just like most everything else. Remove all potency and try it, you'll see the difference pretty clearly.
  • Options
    There is NO potency/tenacity check on force drain, it's a 50% chance on enemies without debuffs and 100% on enemies with debuffs. It also bypasses tenacity up and can only be dodged/deflected.
    There IS one for the health down debuff on his zeta unique for which you MIGHT want to mod your DN a bit towards more potency.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Gannon wrote: »

Um no, there's a tenacity check on this just like most everything else. Remove all potency and try it, you'll see the difference pretty clearly.

I would challenge you to do the same :wink:
    If this thread has established anything, it's that the answer to OP's question is not clear. It would be nice to have a dev response, or for someone to link to an old dev response.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

Case closed! All I could find was Kyno and I don't trust him as far as I can throw him :wink:
  • Gannon
    1637 posts Member
    Options
    Good to know! 👍
  • Options
    Well, glad I asked. Lol.

It didn’t say it was resisted, deflected, or dodged. Just did the damage and that was it. And they still haven’t updated the ability text to say it can’t be resisted lol. I’ll pay more attention next time I use it to make sure it didn’t reduce any cooldowns. It wasn’t a big deal at the time, it was during the Places of Power event and not anything real important (or difficult) like Arena or whatever.
  • Options
    Thanks for the discussion, gents!
  • crzydroid
    7339 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Definitely CAN'T be resisted, but can be evaded.

Aside from Chewbacca, whose cooldowns can't be increased, I can't think of why anyone else would not get it unless it was dodged or they weren't debuffed. It's true that the text doesn't always show up right away if multiple effects happen close together, but if you didn't see your cooldown decrease and it wasn't increased by opponent, then I'm not sure unless you missed something.

Keep an eye out in case it happens again and try to record it if it does.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

Case closed! All I could find was Kyno and I don't trust him as far as I can throw him :wink:

You and me both.