Really low arena power?

Hello all,

my arena Power atm is just over 40.000 with
GEOSoldie Lvl 72 7*
CWChewie Lvl 72 7*
Boba Lvl 72 7*
Lumi Lvl 72 Lvl 5*
Rey with that stick Lvl 72 5*
I know its a really bad team but thats not the matter atm.

All the other squads in Arena have at least 65.000 up to 80.000. Like all of them and i dont stand a chance at all. I hope this isnt normal and im doing something wrong. Is it because my team is so mixed up?

Replies

• Gannon
    1632 posts Member
    Options
    Only reason some toons have lower power than others as max is the number and level of their abilities, and color of mods. It's all part of the gp calculation, all wai as far as we know.
    Geo soldier will have very low gp compared to others cuz he has so few abilities
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    The people you are seeing in arena all started around the same time as you and developed the teams you are seeing there. It may help to know what aspects of the characters on those teams are stronger than yours — is it star level, character level, gear level, presence of mods? All of the above? If everyone around you has progressed characters faster, then it’s possible you ought to change something about your strategy.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    The power has to do with level, stars, gear, and mods. Star level greatly over influences the calculation, so the fact that you have two 5* may be influencing it. But if everyone else had more power, it is because they are putting more resources into their teams. Part of that resource acquisition may come from their guilds. Make sure you are in a good guild doing Heroic tier raids frequently.

However, power is an almost meaningless indicator. It's more of a collection score. A good synergy team can beat teams with higher power. So in that regard, I woild say your team comp IS the matter at the moment. Put a good team, and focus resources on them. Farm mods like crazy, and only level up ones with speed already showing as a stat. Level up to 12 first to see if applied bumps, and if it does, you can take it to 15.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Kaluron wrote: »
    GEOSoldie Lvl 72 7*
    CWChewie Lvl 72 7*
    Boba Lvl 72 7*
    Lumi Lvl 72 Lvl 5*
    Rey with that stick Lvl 72 5*

[...]

Is it because my team is so mixed up?

Your team has no synergy. Teams with synergy usually has an advantage. F.ex. Phoenix under Hera lead share their unique abilities with each other making them all stronger. EP lead gives bonuses to both Empire and Sith characters on the team. If you want to climb the ranks in squad arena, you need to assemble and develop a stronger team.

If choosing Jedi, you could go with Bastilla lead and then choose between the Phoenix+Jedi, the Old Republic+jedi, Old Ben, Anakin, GMY or Ahsoka. Just one example.

• Options
    Your team is just a hodgepodge if characters thrown together with no synergy. You don’t stand a chance
  • Options
    Your main problem, as already indicated, is your team. No synergy. You have some good characters, however. Luminara is a good early/mid game healer, Boba Fett is one of the best bounty hunters in the game. Choose a faction and work with it for now. You have boba fett. You can easily farm Cad bane from the Galactic War store, IG 88 & Greedo from the Squad Arena store, and Zam pops up often in the Fleet Arena store. That can help you form a solid starting Bounty Hunter team that will take you far until you can get others like Bossk, Dengar, Aurra Sing, Embo, and Jango Fett. Also, Boba's leadership benefits all allies, but bounty hunters get a bigger bonus, which makes him a good leader. Of the ones you have listed, toss him in the leadership spot, and you might see a marked improvement until you can mix in more bounty hunters.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the comments. Im going to change boba in the lead instead of chewbacca. I started a few years ago which could indeed be the reason i cant do jack **** in arena.
    Have a nice day everyone : )
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Kaluron wrote: »
    Thank you all for the comments. Im going to change boba in the lead instead of chewbacca. I started a few years ago which could indeed be the reason i cant do jack **** in arena.
    Have a nice day everyone : )

You've got a looong way to go before you can be competitive in arena again. I did something similar with my alt. Had a 14 months break. Luckily it ended up in a youg fleet shard, when I resumed playing it for giggles. In squad arena it took months to climb back top 100'ish rank.