Will there ever be a raid for ships?

I personally like ships that I invested in a 7 star han's millennium falcon. There's plenty of other ships too that people invested in and took the time to better their fleet for arenas but why have ships only be for arena?

Having a raid for the death star or maybe even the new death star from the kylo ren movie would be amazing.

Maybe even a raid that involves facing snoke's ship?

I don't know about you guys but that would be an awesome way to introduce a character into the game and possibly giving character shards to unlock snoke based on fighting his capital ship.

Replies

• Options
    That is my dream. (after Darth Revan)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I think a ship raid is a matter of "when" rather than "if". But we need a solid base of diverse ships (including capitals) first.
  • Options
    There needs to be more ships if they’re going to do a ship raid
  • Options
    Ditto - we need more ships. Or they release a non-heroic raid where teams regen - as a "test" for ship raids. Still missing a separatist command ship as well as 1 ea. from the new movies...

TBH - they needed to release a set of 5 DS and 5 LS generic ships right along with ships 2.0 along with any associated pilots/bomber pilots - gave purpose to to some of the now defunct stores - and added some variety to ships/TB/shipTW/ship GA etc. Royal guard ship and a bomber for each main faction - each one manipulating the enemy capitol ship in some way.

Ships 2.0 was a real chance for them to do something - fix the main issue which was always diversity - all they did was make it 'less'. Ships 1.0 was just flapping in the wind... 2.0 just pulled the fabric in a little.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Ok guys, I'm going to share my dream raid with you, just the basics.

I'm imagining an episode 6 raid.

Phase 1: Squad battle on Endor, AT-ST Main Boss, can be toppled.

Phase 2: Ship battle above Endor, main boss is the Super Star Destroyer capital ship.

Phase 3: Squad Battle in the Throne Room on the Death Star, Main boss is Darth Vader, has a similar mechanic to the stacking Bonds of Weakness in phases 3 and 4 of the HSTR (to shadow his zeta leader ability)

Phase 4: Squad Battle in the Throne Room on the Death Star, Main Boss is Emperor Palpatine.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »

Phase 2: Ship battle above Endor, main boss is the Super Star Destroyer capital ship.

Phase 3: Squad Battle in the Throne Room on the Death Star, Main boss is Darth Vader, has a similar mechanic to the stacking Bonds of Weakness in phases 3 and 4 of the HSTR (to shadow his zeta leader ability)

Phase 4: Squad Battle in the Throne Room on the Death Star, Main Boss is Emperor Palpatine.

I'm into it, but how would you handle a phase transition from 1 to 2? You'd have to pick both a ground and ship team at the start.

Ship raid seems inevitable, though I feel like we need a few more ships in the game before it becomes feasible. I also look forward to seeing all the complaint threads from people who neglected their ships because "fleet arena isn't fun" when it does happen.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

I'm into it, but how would you handle a phase transition from 1 to 2? You'd have to pick both a ground and ship team at the start.

Ship raid seems inevitable, though I feel like we need a few more ships in the game before it becomes feasible. I also look forward to seeing all the complaint threads from people who neglected their ships because "fleet arena isn't fun" when it does happen.

I'd handle it that you can't transition characters from phase 1 to 2, or 2 to 3. Any surviving units would "retreat" back to your roster for use on later phases.
  • Options
    Of course, ships would only be used on phase 2...
  • Options
    By the Force I hope not
  • Options
    on paper i like the idea. After everything they did wrong with sith raid though (from non heroc difficulty balance to hsith rewards for everyone not top 10) I'd honestly prefer they don't. I simply don't trust them to do it well (anyone remember the capital ship missions to 6* your ship, especially the one where you go against mace where success was almost entirely rng and not at all about the quality of your ships or strategy? )

I would prefer more events like the cargo ship event or perhaps some solo heroic type events for extra ship shop currency.
  • Options
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    There needs to be more ships if they’re going to do a ship raid

I think they have a thorough plan for this that will be coming after summer.
  • Options
    maybe even the new death star from the kylo ren movie

Lol do you even star wars bro?

Also, I would love a ship raid
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »

Not into it...I want a ship raid.. 3 of the 4 stages would have to be ships.... I'm sick of 30 second TB ships, 30 seconds TW ships, no assault battles, and the straight up thought that any new ship content will have to be 75% toon and 25% ships....

No I want the real thing not a 75 toon 25 ship and then brand it the ship raid...NO.

We want SHIP content assault battles, events like ATST or dathomir, a raid, a ship raid toon.....SHIP CONTENT...

2 years of straight up do nothing from teh crew at the top....NOTHING...

Ships 1.0...year of nothing..."hey folks we got big news" Ships 2.0...year of nothing....Ships 2.0 was a sucsess for the company because it made people spend crystals...but ITS A TOTAL FAILURE to the paying playerbase...because there is STILL NOTHING TO DO...

Spend on ships, what do you get in return....2 years of no meaningful content for ships.. just "HERE IS A NEW SHIP SPEND SPEND SPEND" and they give you NOTHING to do with it nothing it's pathetic

For the record I have been complaining about lack of ship content forever I swore Ahnalds video about the pathetic state of ship content was him just reading my posts off the pages...

We want ship CONTENT
  • Options
    Make a ground assault raid
    You start in space trying to battle your way in
    Then all the ground units go.
    The easiest part is ships, thus less of them would need to survive
  • Options
    A long ways away, friend. There is simply nowhere near enough ships to consider a raid to use them in. There are many characters they could have created ships for ages ago. It took them 3 years for Anakin’s ship. A character that should have had a ship from day one. Most the ships are doodoo. The ones that arent doodoo take a year and a half to farm. Ships needs a major overhaul and expansion before a raid could be considered.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Foundry? mayhaps
  • Landale3
    87 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Gotta be Death Star!

I would love it if, after selecting which tier of difficulty, they would make it an actual space-based raid where each raider chooses a "battlefield" for each of their battles, similar to how TB looks and is structured.

Once a particular area is "cleared" by the guild as a whole, the other adjacent areas get a bonus, or remove a penalty (similar to TB platoons). So, if you're feeling lucky, or just maxed out, you could skip ahead, but you'd be fighting at a significant disadvantage. It would encourage people to follow a path, but wouldn't force those reckless ace pilots to follow the rules. Hell, a couple of the battlefields could be taking down a star destroyer or two.

The ultimate goal, of course, is to fight through these battlefields and reach the Death Star trench, thereby making your attack runs. Here you would be fighting waves of enemies (like surface guns, shield generators, and other ships). Then you have to do a certain amount of damage to the exhaust port at the end while getting shot at by other (unkillable) surface cannons to win the raid.

Reward shards for Heroic could be Red 5.

I would far prefer something like that over the "here's phase 1, beat a guy up a lot. here's phase 2, beat another guy up a lot."
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't want a ship raid. Its like a completely terrible request

Only time ships are effective if your pilots are geared to g12. Most of them are lousy. Ship raid would mean that the rest of my guild needs to focus on them too. I'd rather not rely on others when it comes to ships. A lot of people dislike it and wouldn't contribute or just complain about how terrible it is to be forced to gear up useless pilots
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don't want a ship raid. Its like a completely terrible request

Only time ships are effective if your pilots are geared to g12. Most of them are lousy. Ship raid would mean that the rest of my guild needs to focus on them too. I'd rather not rely on others when it comes to ships. A lot of people dislike it and wouldn't contribute or just complain about how terrible it is to be forced to gear up useless pilots

Sounds like every other raid...

On the next 3pO pass with revan out 60mil GP guilds will be pwning HSTR

Time to move on peolle only farming OP stuff now anyway ship raid forces people to maybe gear meh toons. They get money we get content... everyone wins
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    Personally, I believe the Death Star I and II would probably make for a terrible raid. A thermal exhaust port and a main reactor would make for horrible final bosses. Of course, the Battle of Endor does lend itself to many different opportunities. Why not something along the lines of the following that could be altered for each era?

Prequel Era: Malevolence Rising
    Objective: Destroy Master Plo Koon's fleet before reinforcements can arrive
    Reward: Malevolence Capital Ship (General Grevious)
    Phase 1: Destroy X number of ARC 170, Z-95, and CW Y-Wings
    Phase 2: Destroy the Arquitens light crusier Ascension and her fighter wing
    Phase 3: Destroy the remaining fighter wing
    Phase 4: Destroy Plo Koon's and another Venator Class Star Destroyer

OT Era: Defend Scarif Base
    Objective: Defend Scarif Base from taking too much damage from Admiral Raddus Rebel Fleet
    Reward: Profundity Calamari Cruiser (Admiral Raddus)
    Phase 1: Eliminate X-Wing/U-Wing Group Blue
    Phase 2: Defend Shield Generator from Y-Wing attack
    Phase 3: Protect the damaged ISD from the Hammerhead Corvette Lightbringer
    Phase 4: Join Lord Vader's Devestator in assaulting the Rebel flagship Profundity.
  • Options
    Definitely need more ship content.

1) Ship Galactic war mode that unlocks at level 90.
    2) A 4 Wave/Phase Ship event requiring all 4 Capital ships different pilots for each Wave/phase. Crazy insane coveted rewards.
    3) 2 new Capital ships ASAP.
    4) 1 new ship every month

In my opinion Ships need to become... “mandatory”. Have ship events that give incredible G12 gear (or stun guns/carbs) or the next overpowered Meta Character shards...

Basically that new shiny thing that everybody wants... make it only accessible if you have a robust fleet.. (not just 5 good ships)

Instead of penalizing players who have unlocked and leveled up “mediocre toons”... penalize players who have mediocre... sub-par ships. (GA has somewhat penalized those who neglect ships).

• Options
    2 phase ship raid...first take out the dreadnaught, next take out snokes ship.

Having 2 phases keeps in theme with the actual battle and adjusts for the lack of ships.
  • Options
    AplLybf.jpg
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Death Star raid with Red 5, Millenium Falcon and ???

However, I’m not hoping for this at all - or any ship raid for that matter. I’ll take more ground raids though.
  • Options
    While I agree with you Ultra, I think a ship raid would force folks to work those pilots. I've been top 10 (2 exceptions) fleet all month, (Thanks SWGOH.gg for adding the fleet arena tracking) despite a 6* HT and 5* HMF. I saw a really freaky never before seen 48 hour period of sitting at 7 in fleet arena and not being able to win a battle.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.